• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Subzero's car

DSGimportslayer

DSG in the hisouse!
Staff member
thats also where i dynoed stock w the exception of a cai and catback put down 460hp and 4 something torque. STOCK!!! :bs:

Ford1288

Donator
Ugh, hate this. Just hope Danny is satisfied at the end of it and has a fast reliable car because you are dropping alot of dough in this.

orange395w

OG MEMBER
Staff member
If I may step in here....:wtf: I think everyone needs to calm down and listen to the facts.

Fact#1 a freaking boost gauge is not some high tech piece of equipment. It's a rubber hose that goes to a simple gauge. I doubt their boost gauge is off. If it said 12lbs I believe it. Boost CAN play a role in wether or not a car goes boom because like previously mentioned it comes down to cylinder pressure. Car A can make the same HP as car B, with different boost levels and I guarantee the one with more boost is more prone to breaking given everything else is equal.

Fact#2 Dynos and automatics don't tell the whole story. You CAN NOT tell actual HP/TQ of an automatic on a chassis dyno. (question: is the converter lock up or Non-lock up?)

Fact#3 It's Danny's car. Let him decide what he wants to do here. Unless you go getters who are offering all of the great advice intend to buy him another shortblock if his splits in half take a chill pill! :rofl:

Fact#4 Those of you who are saying his power is down.....THE F*CKING TUNE WAS ABORTED!!! @ 12lbs correcting the A/F ratio could sometimes net you another 20-30hp.

Fact#5 He's gonna spank most of you in the 1/8mi. 430ft lbs of TQ, 4.30 rear gears and an auto with a decent converter!! :rock:

Danny, better safe than sorry. Get with KB tomorrow and see what they say. If you get the larger pulley and then get it FULLY tuned you will see where you are at and then you can decide wether or not it's a good idea to put the smaller one back on. GOOD LUCK!!

sdsubzero4

Spring Valley, CA
I just spoke with Kenne Bell and they can't understand why it is producing 12lbs boost. The kit I got came with a 8lb (3 1/4") pulley. The only thing they can think of is I don't have a fender CAI and my 70mm TB, but don't believe it will produce 4lb increase. They're going to send me a 3.5" pulley and that should drop 2 lbs of boost. But the only concern is the clearance for the hood. Shipping it out today and should be here tomorrow.

orange395w

OG MEMBER
Staff member
I just spoke with Kenne Bell and they can't understand why it is producing 12lbs boost. The kit I got came with a 8lb (3 1/4") pulley. The only thing they can think of is I don't have a fender CAI and my 70mm TB, but don't believe it will produce 4lb increase. They're going to send me a 3.5" pulley and that should drop 2 lbs of boost. But the only concern is the clearance for the hood. Shipping it out today and should be here tomorrow.

O.k., now you gotta wonder if everyone was right and I have to eat my words on the boost gauge being high tech! 4lbs off is a **** ton! :nonono: Danny do you have your boost gauge already? We can hook it up without mounting it and go for a drive and see what the boost is at. lmk

boostedmach

You said you had under drive pulleys on there right? When you took them off are you sure you put your stock ones back on? or did you have to get stock ones from somewhere else...Cause If im not mistaken, the crank pulleys on a few year/models of mustangs changed a lil bit. So if you happed to get one that was bigger (Over drive) than your stocker, might be why your seeing more boost with said pulley on your setup.

Stock cams heads and all right, motor has never been touched before?

Also, as a side note...BOOST is just a measure of restriction, too bad you could not measure AD counts of your MAF and compare them to somone else with the same setup..too see if your really spinning that blower that high, or if there is some other problem.

-boosted

Stangguy

I can vouch for Bruce's tuning. I've watched him tune numours times and he is very good. If he feels something isn't right (which 12lbs of boost really isn't) then he will stop and put a very conservative tune till the problem is taken care of. He is just looking out for what's best for the customer. If I was Danny I wouldn't want my stock motor seeing 12 lbs of boost and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. Danny did Bruce say anything about the injectors not holding up?

sdsubzero4

Spring Valley, CA
O.k., now you gotta wonder if everyone was right and I have to eat my words on the boost gauge being high tech! 4lbs off is a **** ton! :nonono: Danny do you have your boost gauge already? We can hook it up without mounting it and go for a drive and see what the boost is at. lmk

Yes, I have the boost gauge. I'll text you to see when we can hook it up and see. Thanks.

sdsubzero4

Spring Valley, CA
I can vouch for Bruce's tuning. I've watched him tune numours times and he is very good. If he feels something isn't right (which 12lbs of boost really isn't) then he will stop and put a very conservative tune till the problem is taken care of. He is just looking out for what's best for the customer. If I was Danny I wouldn't want my stock motor seeing 12 lbs of boost and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. Danny did Bruce say anything about the injectors not holding up?

No, Bruce didn't mention anything about the injectors.

orange395w

OG MEMBER
Staff member
why was the car leaning out???? was the pump tapping out or the injectors???

That's part of the god damn tuning process! He could have raised the percentage of fuel in the tune, but IT WAS ABORTED!!! The A/F ratio means nothing at this point! :nonono:

Stangguy

Well the kit came with like 36lb or 38lb injectors which I thought was weird. I thought 42lb injectors were going to be a must with this set up.

sdsubzero4

Spring Valley, CA
so again....why was the car running lean in the first place....????

I don't know. could be the new injectors, boost-a-pump, the s/c, I don't know. I just thinking all the new components are not fully tuned that's why its leaning out.