• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Subzero's car

boostedmach

Guys, a RICH a/f ratio is not going to make anything safe. It might cut down on the HP levels some, but its all about Cylinder Pressure and Timing.

02gt

Here's what happened. The car produced 12lbs boost which was a lot more then I expected and want. I was expecting 9lbs at most. 12lbs is not good on the stock motor, it tends to make it go boom and I'm not ready for it to go boom. I need to call Kenne Bell to see if they have a bigger pulley so I can turn the boost down.
Anyways, at the time I told them to stop the tune, the car was at 365 rwhp and 429 lb/tq. The A/F was lean at 12.1. I didn't want to push it until I know what is safe and at it will produce more power once the A/F gets richer and I want to make sure the boost is at safe level when the A/F is corrected. Like I said, there's more power and just want to make sure it is safe first.
Thank you everyone for the nice comment. The car do sound nice and I can feel the power with just a little stomp on the gas, the car goes. And did I mention the whine when the gas is pressed, Uuuuhhhhh....that is a sexy sound. :)

sorry, but the boost isn't what makes it go boom,(it's the amount of power and it's tune) i think that the gauge they used is garbage and you are at 365 you should be making more power then that at 12#'s (and runing slightly lean) including the auto, so leave it be....now if your making 400 that might be a bit much...and why didn't they correct the A/F to get the real numbers, that may have bought the numbers down a bit but would be safe....i know will vouch for this 100% because killer bees car made 379 on 8#'s on the same dyno through a Vortech and after cooler.....but once again were back at this again dont go to these shops down here for the tune....stop wasting time and money on these shops that have questinable service and equipment....you gonna through 6,000 on a car and get hellen keller to tune it.....:wtf:

02gt

No, the tuning is not complete yet. Didn't get the graph, just got a printout for now. Will finish up once I get the pulley changed or KB said its safe to leave as it is.

how do you really know it's the wrong pulley???? did you measure it????

02gt

well how do you explain what i just wrote on the last page 365 on 12#'s????? somethings fishy....

DSGimportslayer

DSG in the hisouse!
Staff member
only by .2 though went from 14.0# to 13.8# but that is also where i got the 443hp and 532ftlbs tq, at jba.
other numbers are below