• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Wickedstangs Bash at the Beach BBQ 2010

Gibs

Staff member
Global Moderator
Would like to start putting together our Beach BBQ like we had last year for Memorial Day weekend. If anyone would like to help arrange this event podt up.

Things needed for the event....

-Date Sunday May 30th
-Reserved spot at the beach(Last years spot was great)
-Several grilles
-Chairs
-Sporting goods(Football, Flags, socer ball, frisbees, Etc)
-Stereo setup
-Music
-Burgers
-Hot Dogs
-Buns for both
-condiments
-Drinks
-Plastic silverware
-Plastic plates
-Drinks
-Chips
-Sunscreen
-Garbage bags
-Other food (all the other specialty things people like to make for these type things)
-Officially invite SoCalStangs (once the date and time and location are set)
-At least 4 people that will be there by 6 AM on Sunday 30 May. (Red, Fighting Sailor, Subzero, Gib so far)

2 years ago we made this into a car show also at Admiral Baker. D we want to do that, or just have the BBQ, get together? Also 2 years ago, BJ beat Emilios azz in a rib cookoff.....Emilio, BJ isnt here but I am sure someone would love to beat you this year ata Rib contest........oh and Emilio, hurt knee or not, you WILLNOT win at football. Red you in to be my QB again? Your the Brett Favre of Wickedstangs!!!!

Again if you want to help out with planning for this, please let me know.

Gib

PARK INFO

Saving Parking Spaces
DSC_6438.jpg

DSC_6439.jpg

BBQ Area
DSC_6450.jpg

DSC_6427.jpg

DSC_6452.jpg

The Show
DSC_6453.jpg

DSC_6480.jpg

DSC_6481.jpg

DSC_6482.jpg

DSC_6483.jpg

Gibs

Staff member
Global Moderator
I agree that Sunday would be the better choice for this event.

Danny, did you set up the spot last year? If so, can you send me contact info? Thanks.

Emilio, is Sunday of Memorial Day weekend good by you?

Gib

Gibs

Staff member
Global Moderator
OK that is good enough by me. Sunday it is.

Now we just need the rest of the list.

Anyone know what that park is called?

Gib

sdsubzero4

Spring Valley, CA
Danny, did you set up the spot last year? If so, can you send me contact info? Thanks.

Gib

I got there like 5am with a few others to stake claim to the spot. There's no reservation. But it will help if there's at least 4 people to get there early to claim some parking spots and the park. Especially, its on the Memorial Day weekend.

Token A4

Hell yeah last year was hella fun ill be there again just let me know what 2 bring, last year it was sodas. Yeah I'm with red and gibbs again the winning team E was a horrible qb I picked him like a booger last yr

Gibs

Staff member
Global Moderator
Well contacted the park district. It is a first come first served basis for holiday weekends. So, any volunteers to get there mucho early?

Gib

sdsubzero4

Spring Valley, CA
Well contacted the park district. It is a first come first served basis for holiday weekends. So, any volunteers to get there mucho early?

Gib

I'm there. 5am again? Somebody bring breakfast and coffee or something with caffeiine.

Gibs

Staff member
Global Moderator
ok 5 hour energy shot...LOL Thanks Danny.

So we need to be there when it opens, at least a few like we did last year....spaced out and taking as much room as possible.

Now we need to start the actual RSVP thread........

I will do it later this evening.

Gib

sdsubzero4

Spring Valley, CA
ok 5 hour energy shot...LOL Thanks Danny.

So we need to be there when it opens, at least a few like we did last year....spaced out and taking as much room as possible.

Now we need to start the actual RSVP thread........

I will do it later this evening.

Gib

Yep, right when it opens. Let's get a few more out there. Hard to hold space with just one person and car. LOL!

Fighting Sailor

San Angelo TX

Gib

I'm always up for early! I was there last year early and it was a bit of a struggle, we need at least 4 guys early so we can stake out our parking. Also if anybody has some traffic cones it would be a big help.

Gibs

Staff member
Global Moderator
OK now that Knotts is done, lets get this thing going!

Who is in, what are you bringing?

Gib