• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Barona Drags

orange395w

OG MEMBER
Staff member
orange any input?

I would say in your case the fact that it didn't allow you to spin all over the place actually helped you out. The traction control was basically simulating feathering a clutch. He is auto, so chances are he won't break loose as bad as a stick car.

orange395w

OG MEMBER
Staff member
Gears time after time Gears... You guys never listen..

Gears won't change his one wheel peel, Gears won't stop his suspension from unloading and gears won't give him the power & torque that his BS conservative tune is lacking. Sometimes you have to think big picture and not always about "your" car. I watched first hand what was happening. Everyone doesn't have a 6 speed like you, so the answer isn't always to run 5.56 gears like you do lol! :)

He still hasn't answered how tall his tires are.

spdpilot

Ahhh...you guys did go last night. I missed it.

I got my car out late at the shop and it didn't seem like you guys were going last night.

I am going tonight. Oh well. Looks like you guys had a great time.

orange395w

OG MEMBER
Staff member
If he is trapping out at 5900-6000rpm then his gears may be perfect at the moment. Sometimes it doesn't help to have to shift into 4th gear 10 feet before the traps. Especially with the Looooong granny shifting that I've seen. :)

02gt

Gears won't change his one wheel peel, Gears won't stop his suspension from unloading and gears won't give him the power & torque that his BS conservative tune is lacking. Sometimes you have to think big picture and not always about "your" car. I watched first hand what was happening. Everyone doesn't have a 6 speed like you, so the answer isn't always to run 5.56 gears like you do lol! :)

He still hasn't answered how tall his tires are.
they are 26 inc

orange395w

OG MEMBER
Staff member
no i was talkin bout the charger

All I can say to that is if it works for your car keep doing it. I would imagine at some point (higher power level) this would have to hurt performance at the strip do to the rpm dropping and climbing. I guess I really don't have a good answer for that one.

yosemiddysam

Donator
Hey 02 Dont forget that I have a brand new set of axles in my garage that I will give ya for a small donation to the race car. You buy one back rim and the axles are yours!!!!!!

02gt

Im gonna and score a set of after market axles, thanks for the offer anuways

fastsleeper

Why ya treat me like that?
Cheater cheater pumpkin eater
The only way that he could beat her
was for her to be blocked in
with cars in the front
cars in the back and
cars on the other side.

LOL LMMFAO HA!

I'll get you my pretty! Muuhahahahahahahahah

blackstallion06

Everrett Wa. Soon to be St. Louis MO.
Donator
Orange I am going to get a tube k member and ight weight drive shaft. I want to be in the club with u and 02 lol

I am going to get some new shocks for rear and a set of struts up front. I think the reason the left tire didnt spin was as I told you the track was dry when I rolled up to do a burn out but I know a line lock would help. I am just going to get some new studs for now and 4:30 or 4:56 havent made up my mind yet. Taking out the $:10's though for sure. I am going to check my axels ect when doing the studs to makse sure everything is still looking good. If not going to replace them as well. I dont think I hurt them though they are 31's