• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Barona Drags

orange395w

OG MEMBER
Staff member
Orange I am going to get a tube k member and ight weight drive shaft. I want to be in the club with u and 02 lol

I am going to get some new shocks for rear and a set of struts up front. I think the reason the left tire didnt spin was as I told you the track was dry when I rolled up to do a burn out but I know a line lock would help. I am just going to get some new studs for now and 4:30 or 4:56 havent made up my mind yet. Taking out the $:10's though for sure. I am going to check my axels ect when doing the studs to makse sure everything is still looking good. If not going to replace them as well. I dont think I hurt them though they are 31's

Dude, After watching your car at the track there is 1 mod that would be the biggest difference maker hands down!! If I were you I would adress the rear suspension first and foremost. Forget about the k-member and gears for now.

What you need to think about is putting the stock rear springs back on. I'm sure the car won't look that bad. You are the biggest drag race junkie on here, so F*ck the lowering springs man get real!

Stock rear springs and this and you will get into the 7's I guarantee it. This mod will get your car lunging forward at the track instead of squatting like a teater tawter! I'm pretty sure you can disconnect these for the street and put the bolts back in for the track. Trust me, this is your ticket!

http://www.steeda.com/products/steeda_hardcore_antirollbar_s197.php

hardcore_antiroll_650.jpg

02gt

just set your shocks and struts stiff it feels good when going around coners with out the sway bar....

Orange, when we do the the diff and axles, should i buy new axle seals? Or does the c clip eliminator kit do that aswell? I was just thinking when we do the diff swap i should put the stock springs back in at the same time.

orange395w

OG MEMBER
Staff member
I planned on up grading to somthing like that as well as sway bar delete for the front. I want some drag shocks/struts and something like these springs as well but I dont want to loose performance on street. Most of the drag springs I have seen make the car really loose.
http://www.americanmuscle.com/eibach-drag-springs-2005-gt.html

There is no need for those BS drag springs with an anti-roll bar. Trust me, put the stock springs back in and buy the ARB. Buy some adjustable struts and shocks and you will still have performance on the street.

orange395w

OG MEMBER
Staff member
just set your shocks and struts stiff it feels good when going around coners with out the sway bar....

Orange, when we do the the diff and axles, should i buy new axle seals? Or does the c clip eliminator kit do that aswell? I was just thinking when we do the diff swap i should put the stock springs back in at the same time.

The saftey hubs (c-clip eliminators) have the seals built in. The part of your axle that hold the seal gets cut off.

02gt

for some reason they didn't have any pics of Phil racing.... but here is a few from friday...
sd1.jpg

launch12.jpg

sd3.jpg

wheelie.jpg

fastsleeper

Why ya treat me like that?

VP:
It was a joke. O2 smoked me on the freeway Sunday and he cheated.:) Yes, I know he would have taken me anyway but it would have been fun to at least try. I didn't even know it was O2. I thought it was some really hot, cute guy trying to flirt with me and fly off. Now I know the sly little canary ate the cat grin was because he saw me from behind, I don't know how far behind, sneeeked up on me in the fast lane. I could't go because there was a car in front of me and a car to my right so I couldn't get around and, of course, he was gone before I changed lanes to the 'fast' lane. It was very cute. I enjoyed it. Cuz he's cute. :D