• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

car trouble

LaughingGT

I know I have brought this up before but now it’s getting worse my car is cutting out really bad now. I did the spark plugs it didn’t help idk what to do I do nothing but baby the car and I honestly don’t know what happening anyone got any suggestions its and 2006 GT for anyone who didn’t read the other post thanks guys any input wound be great. PLEASE HELP

2K7GTCS

So changing the plugs didn't help? Hmm...

I found the other thread, and see where you've been having this trouble for a few months. I'm no expert, but surging at idle is probably an A/F thing, rather than electrical (read: spark as in coils/plugs/timing). I'm guessing you did the easy things, like clean the MAF sensor and TB?

FWIW, when I first load any of my Bama email tunes, my idle RPM will drop really low on startup, especially when the engine is cold. Adaptive tuning seems to smooth this out over time.

Of course, it might just be the TPS like Steve suggested?

Sorry if all of this seems obvious, just trying to help.

Good Luck!

~David

M

Mustangcwo

Did you hook it up to a diagnotics tester and pull the codes?

blackstallion06

Everrett Wa. Soon to be St. Louis MO.
Donator
Is it popping any check engine lights ect? Emilio can tell you what the car is doing if you give him the code. What tune are you running? If I was going to take it to a shop take it to Adam at Spankin Times

wickedstangs

Chula Vista, CA
Staff member
Administrator
I also have the complete Ford Manual for the 2006 Mustang GT if you need anything printed...

LaughingGT

well i have no codes poping and i have herd maybe the fuel filter could be cloged. anyone know were its located at i herd on the frame but dont know were. i do need to clean out the filter again and maybe dissasemble my cold air and clean it out thank for the input ill let you know whats going on after i clean here out realy good thanks yall for the input ill post in a few days after i get a good cleaning on it or if anything else you can think of would greatly help

LaughingGT

not bad hopefully thats it and what about fuel pumps and were wouid that be located if i remember its under the back seats lol

wickedstangs

Chula Vista, CA
Staff member
Administrator
Special Tool(s)

Removal and Installation

WARNING:

* Do not smoke or carry lighted tobacco or an open flame of any type when working on or near any fuel-related components. Highly flammable mixtures are always present and may be ignited, resulting in possible personal injury.
* Do not carry personal electronic devices such as cell phones, pagers or audio equipment of any type when working on or near any fuel-related components. Highly flammable mixtures are always present and may be ignited. Failure to follow these instructions can result in personal injury.
* This procedure involves fuel handling. Be prepared for spillage at all times and always observe fuel handling precautions. Failure to follow these instructions can result in personal injury.

1. Release the fuel system pressure.
2. Disconnect the battery ground cable.
3. Remove the fuel tank filler cap.
4. Insert a suitable fuel drain tube into the fuel tank filler pipe until it reaches the fuel tank inlet tube.
5. CAUTION: The fuel pump (FP) module and fuel level sensor will be below the fuel level in the tank when the tank is full. Make sure to drain 1/8 of the fuel capacity through the filler pipe prior to removing the pumps or fuel spillage will occur. NOTE: When draining a completely full fuel tank, this step will remove approximately 1/8 of fuel from the LH side of the fuel tank. Attach the fuel storage tanker to the suitable fuel drain tube and remove as much fuel as possible from the fuel tank filler pipe.
6. Remove the rear seat bottom and any insulation padding covering the FP module access cover.
7. Remove the FP module access cover.

Attachments

• fuelpump.jpg
    fuelpump.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 120
  • fuelpump2.jpg
    fuelpump2.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 123

GLDNPNY

what about checking the cleanliness of your MAF meter? If it gets any foreign matter on it then it sends the wrong reference voltage back to the ECU. Take it out of the intake piping and spray it with MAF cleaner. DO NOT USE CARB CLEANER!! There is a special cleaner for MAFs. I have some if you need it. I also have an OBD II scanner as well.

2K7GTCS

Great minds think alike, or something.

2K7GTCS said:
...I'm guessing you did the easy things, like clean the MAF sensor and TB?

GLDNPNY said:
what about checking the cleanliness of your MAF meter? If it gets any foreign matter on it then it sends the wrong reference voltage back to the ECU. Take it out of the intake piping and spray it with MAF cleaner.

Yeah, what he(we) said.

~David

dope3

before you do the fuel pump but a gauge on the fuel rail to read the pressure when its running bad that will tell you i don't know the exact pressure it needs to be but some on the site should know

LaughingGT

Well i cleaned the filter out and now its goten worse im thinking something along the lines of fuel or throttel

blackstallion06

Everrett Wa. Soon to be St. Louis MO.
Donator
GMAN what did it do when it forst started happening. The other night mine would not idel. Now its falling to about 400 then bousncing back up sounds liek starving for spark or fuel almost. Then I dont have any trouble. Figure out what is wrong with yours so you can tell me