• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

car trouble

wickedstangs

Chula Vista, CA
Staff member
Administrator
Are you guys throwing any codes? Are your cars going into fail safe mode? What year is both of yours? What throttle body are you using?

LaughingGT

no no i dident do the fuel filter yet. im not poping any codes whatsoever. sounds close to what blackstallion is dealing with but mines been going on much longer. after it warms up it seems to run fine. im still running the stock throttel too so im up in the air with no codes.

blackstallion06

Everrett Wa. Soon to be St. Louis MO.
Donator
Mine just started. I think I am going to call spankin times and ask Adam if he has heard about the problem. Maybe it has something to do with cams and beating on the cars so much. I am going to replace plugs cause I know I need them and put on MSD coil packs. I will probaly change fuel filter since its easy as well. If something is happening then its go to be a issue with the cams

wickedstangs

Chula Vista, CA
Staff member
Administrator
Well i cleaned the filter out and now its goten worse im thinking something along the lines of fuel or throttel

How did you clean your filter? Did you use the K&N kit.. Just like GLDPNY said you probably hosed up your MAF sensor and contiminated it.. If after cleaning it, It got worse..

LaughingGT

i clean it same way i alwasy do k&n kit . but if thats it ill look in to that as well maybe doing fule filter soon if i have the money

wickedstangs

Chula Vista, CA
Staff member
Administrator
the oils from the K&N get sucked thru and contaminate the MAF.. If cleaning doesn't help might have to replace it. Or find another 05-07 to swap with to help troubleshoot. I don't believe its your TPS because that would give you a fail safe mode indication. Also, make sure you did not over tighten the bands to your CAI and cause it to crack and allow un-metered air into the car.

LaughingGT

my air tube is metal so its kind of hard to crack lol but its going down today im going to pick up cleaner and see if it fixes it. if not that fuel filter

M

Mustangcwo

Good luck with the car. It sounds like you are headed in the right direction. A good test for the fuel filter is to drive it up a fairly steep hill. If the condition gets worse on a hill, it usually a fuel filter and it's starving the car.

blackstallion06

Everrett Wa. Soon to be St. Louis MO.
Donator
Well mine is running like a striped ass ape now LOL. I did plugs, used K&N FILTER kit on CAI, and cleaned MAF. I wasnt going to do filter or
maf but after talking with guys at JBA I spent the extra money and its running good now. Still going to do coil pacs or booster in near future.

dope3

Well mine is running like a striped ass ape now LOL. I did plugs, used K&N FILTER kit on CAI, and cleaned MAF. I wasnt going to do filter or
maf but after talking with guys at JBA I spent the extra money and its running good now. Still going to do coil pacs or booster in near future.

Glad it was an easy fix

LaughingGT

sprayed it and drove it it seams to be running alot better but i will see tomarrow im going to drive it around for a bit and see if its fixed hope so now only to find the oil leak.

FYI since this is an easy processes i would recomend doing it just for preventative maint on the car, and if you dont think you know how to do it heres a link
this explains it .

Thanks for the help i will let you guys know if everything is a-ok tomarrow

LaughingGT

well still having small issues it will still die somtimes and hardly starts the first time i turn the key i just dont know were to look next

wickedstangs

Chula Vista, CA
Staff member
Administrator
I think you need to swap out your mass air with someone on here and see if the problem goes away...

dope3

Next time you cold start it let the fuel pump biuild up then start it and see if its any better

kalop

Lemoore,Ca
Donator
had a similar problem with my car last year didnt cut out or die while driving but was a real pain in the ass to start, im gonna say fuel pump definately good check bleed your injectors it has a valve in the front like on a tire. push it in fuel will come out turn the key on and push it in if that fuel doesnt squirt out its your fuel pump could be your fuel pressure regulator but from my experience im saying fuel pump. as far as the miss or cut out as you call it had a problem like that after i installed my PI intake, i see you said you changed plugs but did you change wires my miss or cut out was a plug wire that had an amazingly tiny little tear on the bottom of the boot. doesnt take alot to arch.

LaughingGT

well lets put it this way every time i clean it it runs alot better but like two times after running it it starts to act the same way again so it most likely is does anyone know were i can get a new stock MAF for the car? and about how much it will cost

wouldent it pop codes if it was the MAF???