• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Datalogged the car Here are my files

M

Mustangcwo

Todd, most of these guys tuners are capable of storing more than one tune. Therefore you should get a race tune and then have the ability to flip back to the stock "Conservative tune". There is no reason to waste money on a P*ssy tune when your car comes with one from the factory. :)

I agree 100%. But if they want to get this deep into their tunes and want to be soooooooooooooo particular. They should purchase the software, data log and tune their own cars at the track instead of on some silly machine. That way they dont have to waste money for some tuner on a DYNO!!!

Lordgufi

You sure run your mouth kinda reckless for a guy whose car doesn't even run. Why is it so hard to believe that the tune is the issue?

Gufi, go with your gut. You know your car better than us. You are doing plenty of research and you seem to be pretty knowledgable on what you have going on. People here will 2nd guess everything for various reasons until you prove them wrong. If you do prove them wrong, tell em to eat sh*t and die! If you don't, better have some humble pie to eat for days.

Take the car to the track. Keep adding timing until the car slows down (mph wise NOT e.t.) Then add fuel. If it picks up add more timing. If it doesn't back it off. It will become a balancing act between fuel and timing until you find what the car likes.

Indeed +1

I added some timing to the car tonight and the car sounds entirely different and honest to god Felt strong. i know the seat of the pants dyno is almost always wrong but i have a very good feeling that its at least in the ball park today. the added timing also allowed me to turn down my idle to 850 and the car would still idle... go figure. however because of the way the car would idle ( because of the cams ) the car was shaking around and would have probably destroyed whats left of the motor mounts within a few days. sure sounded nice from outside tho lol

Lordgufi

I agree 100%. But if they want to get this deep into their tunes and want to be soooooooooooooo particular. They should purchase the software, data log and tune their own cars at the track instead of on some silly machine. That way they dont have to waste money for some tuner on a DYNO!!!

I want the software and untill recently ( after i had the car tuned ) i believed the price of the software was upward of 800... then i saw that it was 350 and wanted to shoot my self in the face pretty much

ears

but at what point do you say,,, its worth havin a profecional do it so i dont royaly jack up my ride!!

ears

did you tell him to ring it out,,, or did you not say too much and just let him tune it??

i noticed that you didnt even talk about a price before he began tuning

ears

well it is more professional than you or i doing it. this is what he does for a living......

Foxman

what is the point of having a pro do your tune if he can get it right... do it yourself... GOing fast is always ALWAYS About breaking stuff!