• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Datalogged the car Here are my files

ears

also its confirmed. asked 3 different tuners. my numbers are a little low but not by much and its in the tune

well according to you it doesnt sound much like a failure,,, sounds like other tuners are backing it up as a bit conservative but thats about it

wickedstangs

Chula Vista, CA
Staff member
Administrator
The timminv that is shown on the data logger is total timming, i just happen to do some logging on my car today it the timming was at 20 degrees total on the screen when it was under boost, if it was 30 degrees total my engine would have probly blown apart

Which PID are you monitoring to get you the Total Timing? Don't Say SPARK_ADVANCE because that is only ECU timing

02gt

The one you want to look at is MBT Spark Advance timing

the x 3 doesn't have the "MBT spark advanced timming" all it says when choosing the data to log is "spark", i just went out to log a bit more on my car and i recorded the timing, IAT, rpm, fpr, and vehicle speed, the timming started out at 23 degrees at about 4300 rpm and then dipped down to 20 degrees at about 5k to red line(5900), intake temps stayed in the low 80's even 70's when the meth was spraying, A/F was at 11.1-.3....

Lordgufi

SPARK_ADVANCE is a DTM and is actually more accurate than using the spark advance pid

also Not every ecu has the same PID's which is why the SPARK_ADVANCE is more reliable.

Car re datalogged. added 2 degree's global timing and 2 deg 2-4k and 4-6k

car curreny sitting at 22 deg. no detonation. which tells me i'm good to go and this is a tuning issue. not a sensor issue

ears

i thought we already astablishid it wasa "tuning issue"

or what i like to call,,, a case of the stck gt's lolololololololololololol

wickedstangs

Chula Vista, CA
Staff member
Administrator
the x 3 doesn't have the "MBT spark advanced timming" all it says when choosing the data to log is "spark", i just went out to log a bit more on my car and i recorded the timing, IAT, rpm, fpr, and vehicle speed, the timming started out at 23 degrees at about 4300 rpm and then dipped down to 20 degrees at about 5k to red line(5900), intake temps stayed in the low 80's even 70's when the meth was spraying, A/F was at 11.1-.3....

Ok, not sure what yours is but, I just went to check mine..
Untitled-34.jpg

Footnote on my tuner says.
Some 2002 and newer PCM's use the MBT SPART TABLE as a replacement to the Base Spacrk table which represents the spark advance rates to operate the engine at MBT. This table gets modified based on ECT, EGR, IMRC and VCT to develop a final MBT Spark value. The PCM will use the lowest value of the Base, Borderline and MBT spark tables once their respective modifieers have been applied.

orange395w

OG MEMBER
Staff member
i thought we already astablishid it wasa "tuning issue"

or what i like to call,,, a case of the stck gt's lolololololololololololol

You sure run your mouth kinda reckless for a guy whose car doesn't even run. Why is it so hard to believe that the tune is the issue?

Gufi, go with your gut. You know your car better than us. You are doing plenty of research and you seem to be pretty knowledgable on what you have going on. People here will 2nd guess everything for various reasons until you prove them wrong. If you do prove them wrong, tell em to eat sh*t and die! If you don't, better have some humble pie to eat for days.

Take the car to the track. Keep adding timing until the car slows down (mph wise NOT e.t.) Then add fuel. If it picks up add more timing. If it doesn't back it off. It will become a balancing act between fuel and timing until you find what the car likes.

ears

orange did you see the link,,,, hit it up dude!!! youll understand!! his numbers are spot on!! the issue is the tune we already said that!! day late and a dollar short!!!

hell you think im reckless now,,, wait until my car is running,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, then its game on!!!!! LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!!!!!!!

ears

oh soon enough my young padeone!!! soon enough!!!!

just remember this ,,,, when that tornadoe blows by your house,,,,, and blows all the shingles off your roof,,,, remember me saying this,,,, thats no tornado!!!! thats the ole cobra comin to life!!!! youll never see it,,, most likely never hear it comin,,,,, all youll remember is pure destruction!!!!!! and youll slap your thigh,,, and say,,, well by god,,, i guess the cobra is runnin!!! ask joker,,, if you dont beleive,,,,, the thing runs real good,,, sounds even better!!! just havin some minor technical dificulties at this point!!

orange395w

OG MEMBER
Staff member

just remember this ,,,, when that tornadoe blows by your house,,,,, and blows all the shingles off your roof,,,, remember me saying this,,,, thats no tornado!!!! thats the ole cobra comin to life!!!! youll never see it,,, most likely never hear it comin,,,,, all youll remember is pure destruction!!!!!! and youll slap your thigh,,, and say,,, well by god,,, i guess the cobra is runnin!!! ask joker,,, if you dont beleive,,,,, the thing runs real good,,, sounds even better!!! just havin some minor technical dificulties at this point!!

The only pure destruction I see is that of the English language :lol:

M

Mustangcwo

This thread gets better by the minute. Everyone pretty much said it was the tune and that it was conservative. That's why his numbers looked so stockish......COSERVATIVE TUNE. If you want to use an aggressive tune all the time, fine. Get your wallett out and keep the economy rolling.

ears

shut up cwo,,, go change your bed pan!! LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!! just eggin it on aint ya!!

wickedstangs

Chula Vista, CA
Staff member
Administrator

Right now I would love to use the
infraction.gif
:)

orange395w

OG MEMBER
Staff member
This thread gets better by the minute. Everyone pretty much said it was the tune and that it was conservative. That's why his numbers looked so stockish......COSERVATIVE TUNE. If you want to use an aggressive tune all the time, fine. Get your wallett out and keep the economy rolling.

Todd, most of these guys tuners are capable of storing more than one tune. Therefore you should get a race tune and then have the ability to flip back to the stock "Conservative tune". There is no reason to waste money on a P*ssy tune when your car comes with one from the factory. :)