• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

engine build questions

tkeinia

Sinful said:
I say overhaul the stock shortblock, take it apart, get it all checked out by a machine shop, to make sure it can take all the standard parts back on, get some clevite crank, rod, and cam bearings, hasting piston rings, put a nice set of aluminum heads that will not interfer with the stock pistons, a nice street blower friendly cam that matches with your heads and gt40 intake, nice 7 qt oil pan, sfi flywheel, sfi balancer, and an S-trim.

i can build this motor for you in less than 5 hrs on an engine stand and probably not charge you once it has been checked by the machinest and have all the parts ready.

you'll be happy with the power it'll make (450-500rwhp), it will be so fast you won't even be able to control it on the street. it'll hold too because years through 87-92 5.0L mustangs came with forged pistons and can stay together if done right.

wish i was there. i am planning on pulling the stock 90 motor and have it rebuilt, but your more than welcome if u want to come to san antono and help me out. lol

beejay31000

BULLWINKLE
thats a great idea, but i dont trust the stock block. 400-500hp is their limit, and getting it to last woudl be lucky. i really appreciate your offer, who knows, maybe i will buy all the parts and have a WS install party to build the motor. ive never done it before and would love to learn. im liking the boss 302 block, and the stroker version, i jsut know i dont want a stock one. too risky for me.

beejay31000

BULLWINKLE
and for heads i think i am gonna go with edelbrock....i have heard bad things about AFR....and everyone says great things about the edelbrock. i already got the GT40 intake, but i want to port it and have it matched to the throttle body and the spacer as well. i also think the s-trim is on the list for ease of instalation, and recomendations from everyone