• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

engine build questions

02gt

Well you say that it will see minimal track time, then if you drive pretty conservative then i dont think you will have problem. I think if you have to have a block, i would wait and see if can pick a decent block on ebay. I personally hardly buy any of my parts at retail price.

yosemiddysam

Donator
I think you should take your 25 K and buy a KEWBRA and sell the fox to buy some rims and tires. LMAO Just Kidding.

VP_07SRT8

Tell the cops nothing!
Staff member
Board Member
WSPS should help out a lot once you have th emoneys and know for sure what you want if yo tell them im sure they will hook u up. i trust ebay up to a certain point

orange395w

OG MEMBER
Staff member
I would never buy a motor from a place that has to ship it and is not local. Too many things can go wrong and that is too much money too **** around with. A freight company dropped sinfuls R336 block and cracked it in a couple spots that were able to be fixed, but what a headache! If something is wrong with it you want to be able to take it back to the shop. I don't know what it will take to convince people on this site that TOTAL PERFORMANCE in Santee is as good as they come when it comes to engine building and anything custom. Greg is the engine builder and mike is his head mech. Mike used to be a crew member for a top fuel funny car team. They know their ****. BJ you should call him and set up a meeting with hime. Tell him you have a ton of questions and how much you want to spend. He won't steer you in the wrong direction I promise you. He's not money hungry, so you don't have to worry about him ripping you off and telling you that you need this and that if you really don't. His number is

619-562-9894 ask for Greg. Tell him Robert sent you.

maverick169v

WS Posting God
yeah man +1 on a local engine builder. theres a guy on scs right now who is having a hard time with some heads he ordered. if its local you can drive the stuff there and be like dude look.

beejay31000

BULLWINKLE
orange395w said:
I would never buy a motor from a place that has to ship it and is not local. Too many things can go wrong and that is too much money too **** around with. A freight company dropped sinfuls R336 block and cracked it in a couple spots that were able to be fixed, but what a headache! If something is wrong with it you want to be able to take it back to the shop. I don't know what it will take to convince people on this site that TOTAL PERFORMANCE in Santee is as good as they come when it comes to engine building and anything custom. Greg is the engine builder and mike is his head mech. Mike used to be a crew member for a top fuel funny car team. They know their ****. BJ you should call him and set up a meeting with hime. Tell him you have a ton of questions and how much you want to spend. He won't steer you in the wrong direction I promise you. He's not money hungry, so you don't have to worry about him ripping you off and telling you that you need this and that if you really don't. His number is

619-562-9894 ask for Greg. Tell him Robert sent you.

I know what you mean about local. i want a warranty too if possible. i had already called them, but i think he was busy, but i will def. call back today. thanks man

beejay31000

BULLWINKLE
yosemiddysam said:
I think you should take your 25 K and buy a KEWBRA and sell the fox to buy some rims and tires. LMAO Just Kidding.

i'll never sell that car. if it really comes down to it and i buy a cobra, the fox will sit there and be a project for me and my son when he's older. i think that will be a lot of fun too.

orange395w

OG MEMBER
Staff member
There is no such thing as a warranty on a racing engine. Shops will stand by the product if something was a result of their mistake. If you break a crank in half that's part of the game.

beejay31000

BULLWINKLE
well, yeah, **** breaks, but i would like it backed by a shop up to a certain point. i would never order an engine on ebay tho. i know that for sure.

DSGimportslayer

DSG in the hisouse!
Staff member
CHP and GTR performance have some pretty good deals too. texas hot rods are a little pricey but my be worth it in the end.

maverick169v

WS Posting God
theres a place up north called powerhouse, i was looking at them when i was foolishly considering an all motor application. lol. what was i thinking.

Sinful

I say overhaul the stock shortblock, take it apart, get it all checked out by a machine shop, to make sure it can take all the standard parts back on, get some clevite crank, rod, and cam bearings, hasting piston rings, put a nice set of aluminum heads that will not interfer with the stock pistons, a nice street blower friendly cam that matches with your heads and gt40 intake, nice 7 qt oil pan, sfi flywheel, sfi balancer, and an S-trim.

i can build this motor for you in less than 5 hrs on an engine stand and probably not charge you once it has been checked by the machinest and have all the parts ready.

you'll be happy with the power it'll make (450-500rwhp), it will be so fast you won't even be able to control it on the street. it'll hold too because years through 87-92 5.0L mustangs came with forged pistons and can stay together if done right.