• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

engine build questions

M

Mustangcwo

If you switch to a six speed, 3.90 is a possibility. I researched the 3.73 with 16" tires = 100mph in 4th gear. In the quarter mile, I'll be running out of engine with a 5 speed tremec 3550

beejay31000

BULLWINKLE
what confuses me is emilio has hellacious gears, yet his seem longer than mine. i dont know why. it would make me want to stay with the 4.10's. i just cant imagine having double the hp on 4.10;s the way my car goes through gears

M

Mustangcwo

You already have the 4.10s installed. Stick with them and see how you like them. You can always make a change later. Better to test then spend $$$$$$.

beejay31000

BULLWINKLE
yeah, i talked to emerson at last call racing just a minute ago. with the t-56 everything will change and 4.10's will be fine. i will probably try that. hes gonna send me a quote and we will sit down and make a plan. he says i can leave my car there and he will build it as i send money to him while i am gone. iim excited again. CPR said it wasnt possible with my budget so i was thinking of other routes, but everyone else says it is. looks like the fox might be in for an overhaul in about a year or less. i know what i want, just dont know how to get it there. i ahve ideas, but nothing is set in stone.

-daily drivable and reliable with reasonable gas mileage.
-500hp
-comfortable ride
-extremely good handling
-ac
-heat
-5lug
-all wheel disc
-exterior stuff, not sure.

whatever i get done i want it done right, and bullitproof so i dont have to worry about it breaking. this will be my only car. the wife is getting the suv for herself.

maverick169v

WS Posting God
i would say this man, buy yourself a beater, or a bike. if you look for a really fast, street car, you are only gonna get one or the other. a fast ass car you cant drive daily, that breaks often. (when mine was my daily it broke once a month) or a street car that doesnt pack as much punch as you want.

VP_07SRT8

Tell the cops nothing!
Staff member
Board Member
have you check out MMR's site yet bj? thats where im peicing my car together through deployment me and emerson have sat down as well and had this convo i need 25k for what i want but i dont need AC i just ordered a FRPP AC delete kit. MMR has tons of stuff to look through and gives a great description of their products

VP_07SRT8

Tell the cops nothing!
Staff member
Board Member
well one the system weight 40-50 lbs it drains a couple hp from the engine

beejay31000

BULLWINKLE
VP, im gonna steal your AC!

i dont wawnt a big cube engine! no 408, no 351, i want boosted small engine. remember, this isnt going to be a drag race car....i want it to be a street machine.

and no offense mav, but when its done, it will be overbuilt so that things done break. and 500hp is easy to maintain.

DSGimportslayer

DSG in the hisouse!
Staff member
id say go with the r block. 347 would be easy considering that it can be bored to 363 with no problems. its a strong block ad has 4 bolt mains and splayed caps. and there is no need to do any grinding for the stroker crank you could throw in there.

maverick169v

WS Posting God
hey dude, just remember i told you. thats like driving yosimedys car 3-400 miles a week. it would cost a fortune and its gonna break. besides man if you build a car like that you want to be able to drive it when you want to not when you have to. just my 2 cents.