• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Engine trouble questions

orange395w

OG MEMBER
Staff member
If he has GT40 heads he definitely has the wrong plugs. Good call Emilio. I just looked it up and the 3924's have a .750 reach, but the GT40's require a .460 reach which is what the autolite 25's.

If he is to go 1 heat range colder he should get 24's though. 25's are for stock iron heads.

IgottaV8

Wickedstangs Road Racing Team
Staff member
Board Member
I have forged pistons, that is probably why thereisn't a hole in one yet.

IgottaV8

Staff member
Board Member
Oh and by the way, I HAVE every mod listed, if you look down at my modifications they are all there.... So I will stop by afterschool and buy some 24's?

IgottaV8

Staff member
Board Member
Lol, all hail the orange, our banner should be orange.

Foxman

WOW....

9 pages about spark plugs.. If he was running 3924's then he was loosing alot of compression if he needed 24 or 25 autolites.. i believe the 24 or 25 auto lites have a crush gasket and the 3924's have a angled seat with no gasket...lol

I haven't even heard what the car is doing other then ping when running 87, thats a give in... Anyone think to clean out the MAF?

IgottaV8

Staff member
Board Member
Well, I think that it was pinging when I had 91 in it from what I remember, but no I didn't I will have to check it if I can get to Emilio's tonight.

Foxman

do you remember if the spark plugs you were using had little washer looking gaskets on to of the threads? I know the 24 and the 3924's are two different style plugs!

Foxman

not 100 percent sure but i think the gt40 alum. require the angled seat spark plugs like the autlite 24 and 25's....

M

Mustangcwo

not 100 percent sure but i think the gt40 alum. require the angled seat spark plugs like the autlite 24 and 25's....

You are right Machman. He is also having problems with his dipstick blowing out when he gets into the throttle hard. This has nothing to do with the plugs and he needs his compression checked on all his cylinders.

Foxman

that would be a bad crank case ventulation problem not compression... he probably has ethier a timing change or a valve cover leak to right??

Foxman

or oil pan... like these guys are saying he needs the right plugs with a good gap then go from there.. what ever happen with that plug you couldnt get out... was it cross threaded? check and see if your PCV is still good.. check the hoses as well.. right now with the 3924 does it feel like it mis fires... that would be the first sign of having the wrong plugs

wickedstangs

Chula Vista, CA
Staff member
Administrator
If he comes over I will give you guys the Prognosis and step by step on how I hooked his car up to my performance monitoring software. And what is the real problem..Mexican