• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

FINALLY

VENOM04

I KILLED SOME STUPID SUPERCHARED CHEVY RICE THINGY TODAY IN THE FREEWAY DUDE THOUGHT I WAS JUST A GT AND WANTED TO RACE FOR PINKS, SO I BLEW HIS DOORS OFF AND I HAVE NO CLUE WHERE HE WENT.

VENOM04

I DONT KNOW PHIL, i just read on like 6 different sites THAT THE 01 COBRA AND THE 03-04 MACH1 STOCK FOR STOCK RAN 13.2'S ALL DAY LONG AND THE 05-06 MUSTANG GT WERE RUNNING 13.5 TO 13.8'S BECAUSE OF A LACK OF HP AND A LITTLE MORE WEIGHT. BUT LIKE I SAID THIS IS ALL STOCK FOR STOCK, AND LIKE YOU SAID WE PRETTY MUCH ALL HAVE BOLT-ON'S SO IT SHOULD BE PRETTY FUN. AND IF LAMAR DOESNT WANT TO GO OUT THERE WE COULD MAYBE GET THE AIR CONTROLLER GUY OUT THERE IN HIS TERMINATOR.

blackstallion06

Everrett Wa. Soon to be St. Louis MO.
Donator
Sounds good to me. The website I posted..did you check it out chris? It says where the scources came from for the stats..Yeah you never know he may go out there..We will have to see I guess

Foxman

well we can call of the racing for tomorrow... it rained to much and we will not get a enough Sun tomorrow to dry up the mud..... I'm picking up my car tomorrow From Roger vogts at about 2pm so I will drive by the spot to see if its muddy or not...

Everyone cross your fingers!!!

blackstallion06

Donator
LOL I was thinking andy what are you talking about but then I forgot there is that dirt road to get on the pavement lol
I heard its sopposed to rain again. there is always go-karts

Foxman

well it might still be on..... the have had sun all day and no rain lastnight.... i will know for sure when I go to the meeting today... See you guys then

blackstallion06

Donator
LOL What does that mean? andy I want a rematch after I get some tires.. I dont now how you make that car hook up so well.. I went out and tried to do that 2500 launch stomp method you have and it almost put me in the ditch lol. I just lit them up in second for 50 feet peddling it. I just have to get some wider tires that are sticky. Those tires you have heat up good. I had them on my fox.

Foxman

blackstallion06 said:
LOL What does that mean? andy I want a rematch after I get some tires.. I dont now how you make that car hook up so well.. I went out and tried to do that 2500 launch stomp method you have and it almost put me in the ditch lol. I just lit them up in second for 50 feet peddling it. I just have to get some wider tires that are sticky. Those tires you have heat up good. I had them on my fox.

It means i won, Once you get drag radials i will even set you out a car......Oh and what was it 50 buck on that bet..... I forgot all about that. LOL

Oh and its not 25 under then stomp it. I stage at about 25-2800 RPMs and let the car take off and once i grab i slowly take it to the floor.. But you also have to remember the mach 1 is setup for drag from the factory...... so i real dont think DR are going to help that much!

Feared

Crazy Mach Driver
I think the next thing im going to get is the 10.5' rear Tire/Rims for the Mach. I felt like a bitch not being able to hook up....

Bah!!

blackstallion06

Donator
I dont need a car. If I can hook up i will walk away with the extra power I have.. If you can't get the power to the ground then its not helping. THat is my problem if I hook up the watch out...

blackstallion06

Donator
Think about the dyno Andy. We are all pretty much in same area. I do out HP you guys though. If I can get it to the ground then I will walk..

Foxman

Think about it phil, If you cant hook up im going to drive away like last time... and if you try to launch like you did out there with Drag radials your still not going to hook up..... you only have 30 more HP then i do and i hook up FINE....... With my new clutch and etc.. i dont think TIRE's are going to make that big of a difference...... Remember the MACHS where built for DRAG RACING!!!!!!

blackstallion06

Donator
I can't figure out what it is that I need to get the power to the ground. The lower control arms did help out alot with wheel hop. I seen on horsepowerTV today that stiffing up the chasis helps. If I cant get it too hook there is no need for more power right now. I think i am going to ask Emilio.. when i had the check engine light come on he walked me right through and showed me the codes that made it pop right over phone. Maybe he can give me some insite... Maybe a combo of some new parts and practice will help.

Foxman

sounds like a better direction..... there is no reason for Drag radials on a car with 300 HP that isnt track drivin....
you should be able to get the car to hook up... I mean your car also wieghts more then mine.... I have no tire spin of the line....

I

imported_wickedstangs

blackstallion06 said:
I can't figure out what it is that I need to get the power to the ground. The lower control arms did help out alot with wheel hop. I seen on horsepowerTV today that stiffing up the chasis helps. If I cant get it too hook there is no need for more power right now. I think i am going to ask Emilio.. when i had the check engine light come on he walked me right through and showed me the codes that made it pop right over phone. Maybe he can give me some insite... Maybe a combo of some new parts and practice will help.

Blackstallion like I told you. You did not need the lower control arms. Now with that said. You have to find a nice suspension place and have them set your pinion angle.

Pinion Angle

Some manufacturers have produced products that promise big potential traction increases by altering the Mustang's rear pinion angle. The pinion angle can be changed several degrees by using adjustable upper control arms and/or adjustable lower control arms .

We spent several exhaustive track sessions experimenting with dozens of different pinion angles on a mid 9 second Mustang (equipped with adjustable upper and lower control arms) and found no improvement over the stock pinion angle geometry. Many of the settings actually hurt the car's 60 ft. times and subsequent performance.

In our experience, the most important thing to consider when setting pinion angle is to ensure that when under load, the driveshaft will be as in-line with the pinion as possible. This usually requires an initial setting of negative 2° to negative 4° so that the pinion aims slightly at the ground. This setting is usually achieved with stock length upper and lower control arm settings. 90% of the traction bars we install are Mega-bites (we'll get into why in a little bit) and even the "seniors" which are fully adjustable end up with a proper pinion angle 9 out of 10 times right out of the box with HP's initial factory setting. To make certain your geometry is correct it's necessary to use a pinion angle gauge.

blackstallion06

Donator
Andy my car is also longer and wider than yours.. I am going to start looking at other springs..

I

imported_wickedstangs

Feared said:
I think you just need better tires, or wider tires...

That should have been the first thing you got. A mustang stock suspension is good up to about 350 hp before you have to modify.