• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

FOXMAN'S 5.0 Conversion

Foxman

yea your right... i really wouldnt want to extend the alternater harness... it would never look right... i want it to look as close to original as possible! one sik notch just PMed me asking for my paypal... so i should have the money really soon!

Foxman

well should have some more pics up tomorrow... go the stock 4cyl and auto trans out and to the junk yard... I'm going back to the junk yard on Monday (tomorrow) to pick up my 5.0 turn key engine and maybe some exterior parts.. then Wednesday of next week i will be buying the wiring harness for the V8 off of oestang 08...

Foxman

100_0309.jpg

100_0310.jpg

100_0311.jpg

Foxman

got my donor car to day... 1991 drop top 5.0 5 speed with bbk heads off road x pipe and 8.8 rearend with 3:73 gears

3620c316.jpg

f8a8024b.jpg

bb94eb07.jpg

tkeinia

now the fun begans, good luck and becarful taking it apart, when i started to pull apart my donor vert i found a huge knife under the seat. good thing i didnt just stick my hand under there.

orange395w

OG MEMBER
Staff member
Looks like you are making some good progress. Keep it up. Oh yeah, take that tranny to a pressure wash station! LOL!

Oestang-2008

Conversion

Nice!!! another vert bites the dust- Wouldn't been easier to get the motor out with the wheels on the ground?

Looks like you will be rollin in no-time; Wish I had the time to invest in mine...:D

Foxman

yea i still may want that harness.... this one seems to be pretty screwed up!

so as of now... i want that harnes still!

what does everyone thing of the A9P computer... I believe it is a auto trans computer... if so its for sale or trade!

Foxman

Looks like you are making some good progress. Keep it up. Oh yeah, take that tranny to a pressure wash station! LOL!

oh for sure...

anyone know how to read the trans tags to know what trans i have... i know its a T5 but there is like 20 different gear ratios if i remember right!

Nice!!! another vert bites the dust- Wouldn't been easier to get the motor out with the wheels on the ground?

Looks like you will be rollin in no-time; Wish I had the time to invest in mine...:D

car will be a roller tomorrow... then and hopefully engine will be out!

Foxman

i dont know as of right now... i will get them tomorrow.. the car is being build at my mothers house...

So just so i have a list... looks like I still need

A exhaust from the headers back
at the minumiunm a head light harness.. (maybe engine)
A A9L computer
O2 sensors harness
manual trans interior shifter boot.
a V8 rack and pinion

but along the way im going to buy the energy suspension complete bushing kit.. new front tie rods (bump steer kit) new ball joints rear upper and lower control arms (aftermarket). And once this engine is out its going to the machine shop to get the block cleaned up and see if i will be ordering new pistons etc.

Oh and come to find out the 8.8 rear doesnt have 3:73 gears... (damn liars) So 4:10 gear set and a auburn locker or Gear driven LSD!