• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

FOXMAN'S 5.0 Conversion

Oestang-2008

Conversion

Cool- Sounds like you have a plan. I have always left the 4 cyl rack in mine- I like how easy it is to steer. What year is the Vert? Are you using the fuel lines from it?

Foxman

Cool- Sounds like you have a plan. I have always left the 4 cyl rack in mine- I like how easy it is to steer. What year is the Vert? Are you using the fuel lines from it?

i might just do the 4 cyl rack for the time being... its a 91 vert... and yes it has a brand new fuel tank and the fuel lines are in great shape... along with the rear brake line and master cylinder

Foxman

well now that i think about it... i don't think its a 199... the trans is out of a 89 5.0! so its not the 199 because that would make it a 1990 WC 5 speed

Foxman

engine is finally out.. all thats left to remove is the Brake booster, brake lines, and fuel tank and fuel lines!!!

100_0318.jpg

100_0319.jpg

100_0320.jpg

Foxman

well now that i think about it... i don't think its a 199... the trans is out of a 89 5.0! so its not the 199 because that would make it a 1990 WC 5 speed

oh yes it is a 1352-199... what is the gear of this trans anyone know?????

Foxman

oh yea and also have to remove the exhaust hangers and clutch pedals assembly and gas pedal....

Foxman

nope married.... i just get started at about 8 in the morning and stop at 4 in the after noon when she gets off work LOL! but my wife does love me!

orange395w

OG MEMBER
Staff member
LOL! Need some pics of the new tranny! My wife loves me too, but she hates my car! Then again I have 2 kids so it's a little different. I get guilt trips like you wouldn't believe!

Are you going to do any mods to the engine before throwing it in?

Foxman

Yea, i got two kids as well and i know the guilt trips.... and the wife's will always hate the cars... mine says its like cheating on her. LOL! But i have been in to cars since be for she was around an nothing will ever change that

but they will always get over it... sooner or later.

lets not make this a wife thread.... Lets Keep it 5.0 conversion

The motor is going to get a complete make over.. Just not a hundred percent sure on what it is going to get

I know for sure it will get the Compucam 2031 50 state leagal cam. 530/530 lift and i think its like 230 duration..

the heads and intake are the only things im not sure about yet.. I'm thinking the Big BBK or the System MAX. I may run the Stock E7 heads for a short amount of time, then go to the alum GT40's

But I do know it is getting a BIG shot or nitrous!... and one day a 88MM turbo big block... but thats a hole nother build thread LOL

Foxman

I was just looking on ebay at the convertible top motor and cylinders.... they go for over 150 used.... The once on my donor car work great... Looks like i will have my energy suspension bushing kit sooner then i thought... people are spending over a hundred bucks on used rear window reg. motors.... both are perfect on my donor..... man i need to keep searching... didnt think that many people wanted VERTS! LOL

Tommy

Making me look bad on my 79 F250 460 swap! I started in November and still not done! LOL!!!

Foxman

oh man im just stripping stuff... it will be a while before this engine goes in the green mustang... The engine is going to go through a full build before it goes in... the suspension is probably going to be done by the end of Feb beginning of march..

Foxman

well oestang I noticed the case has a number 13-53-065, which means its a 1984 mustang capri trans, but the tag reads 13-52-199 which means its a 1990 WC 5 speed... I dont get it?

Foxman

this pic is for you ORANGE!
100_0321.jpg

see the OESTANG08!
100_0323.jpg

Now i know ford mass produces stuff but a case from 1984 used in 1990? i guess it could happen but im just not sure?