• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Gt500

blackstallion06

Everrett Wa. Soon to be St. Louis MO.
Donator
I have been wanting to see how much quicker a GT500 is next to my car for a while now. I know the traction wasnt good that night at Qualcom but I just had to see what they had

It was a stock 07 GT500 with I think axcelbacks. I am not positive but he didt have a tune CAI or anything like that for sure. I did run the NOS just for the fact that he has a 5.8 S/C to my 4.6 NOS.

RACE1: We both launched had wheel spin but I had hime by 3 at least. He seemed to think the car fell on its face off line.

RACE2: This one was a bit closer I think I had him by 3/4 of a car but I couldnt tell he was in my blind spot.

RACE3: I had him by a little over 2 full cars but he was coming on strong. I think these cars are better suited for 1/4 mile times for sure.

My opinion on the gt500: They seem to be heavy and slugish out of the hole. I am sure from a roll on the highway he would pull me with no problems. I just thought I would share with you guys. On the strip where it counts and is in safe enviroment my car was def faster. Before I offend anyone: Yes I used NOS to his super charged 351. Yes I know he would beat me with mods like a pully ect. Yes I know from a roll on highway he would win..

Gibs

Staff member
Global Moderator
blackstallion06 said:
I have been wanting to see how much quicker a GT500 is next to my car for a while now.

My opinion on the gt500: They seem to be heavy and slugish out of the hole. Before I offend anyone: Yes I used NOS to his super charged 351. Yes I know he would beat me with mods like a pully ect. Yes I know from a roll on highway he would win..

Well if you have been wanting to see the difference between them for awhile, why did you not run without NOS? All you got was a scewed view of how they are....... The 500 is no worse out of the hole than a GT.....THEY ARE THE SAME BODY......just a little more wieght up front with the 5.4 vice the 4.6......but they have more power than the GT does to make up for it.

Next time you want to compare 2 vehicles, I suggest you don't use NOS unless they are using it. Otherwise, you dont get a realistic view of how they compare.

And they dont have a 351.......it is a 331 I think..... a 5.7 is a 350 so 5.4 should be 331.......

Gib

02gt

I remember him saying that he had only driven the ride 4 times since he bought it so... only time will tell with a set of decent tires.

blackstallion06

Donator
Gibs07GTcpe said:
Well if you have been wanting to see the difference between them for awhile, why did you not run without NOS? All you got was a scewed view of how they are....... The 500 is no worse out of the hole than a GT.....THEY ARE THE SAME BODY......just a little more wieght up front with the 5.4 vice the 4.6......but they have more power than the GT does to make up for it.

Next time you want to compare 2 vehicles, I suggest you don't use NOS unless they are using it. Otherwise, you dont get a realistic view of how they compare.

And they dont have a 351.......it is a 331 I think..... a 5.7 is a 350 so 5.4 should be 331.......

Gib

WIth the larger engine and the blower I think it was a fair race to my 4.6 with Nos.
Gibs this go's back to that long out story power adder/power adder. He has a much bigger engine than mine with a S/C. I wanted to see how my car would be up next to one. Not stock s197 vs 500. Maybe you missunderstood. That is why I wrote that article. I am not putting down the GT500 by no means that is why I said with a pully ect. he would def beat me or on the highway from punch ect.
You talk alot of crap for not being down a track. Its alot diffrent when you actually line up next to another car waiting for the lights to drop, trying to get the RPM right so you dont break loose. Its a rush when you look over seeing or hearing that car in other lane rumbling and all your thinking is I wonder if I can take him.. what mods does this guy have... he has a bad ass ride. Then the yellows drop and you launch hoping for a good 60ft... and the win.
The win goes to the Gt500 vs. stock S197

blackstallion06

Donator
yosemiddysam said:
What did ya think of the Challenger Phil? That thing was a beast No.......

yeah Sam go check out article I wrote on him. They are fast! I think with a few mods they would def. be track junkies. Not getting rid of my beloved stang but I was very inpressed by the Challenger. I was thinking man with a S/C on one your talking gt500 territory

Gibs

Staff member
Global Moderator
blackstallion06 said:
You talk alot of crap for not being down a track.

First off, I dont give 2 ****s about drag racing......anyone can make a car go fast in a straight line for 8,10,15, 17 seconds or whatever. In other words, drag racing is boring to me..... Now build me a vehicle that has decent power, can get through the turns, great power off the turns, and good braking coming into the next turn. Then make it do that for 2-3 hours straight and that is exciting. That is sooooo much more than hitting the gas......shows more driving skills too.

YOU are the one that said you wanted to see how the 500 would be against a S197.....not me. I took it for what I read. You lined up a modded S197 against a stock 500......wow I am truly impressed. So beating him by 3 with NOS didnt make you want to run even up to see what you had.......what is the point after the first round of using NOS? 3 lentghs in 1/8 is alot. Now I can just see you going and telling everyone how you beat a GT500 by 3 lentghs in the 1/8......well I dont think it is that even of a race.....a modded, tuned, juiced GT with gears, lowered, and DR's against a stock 500......not an equal race. Considering he was running a stock tune, and all the other stuff you had said....... Run an equal car or run with equal mods and I will buy it. and dont give me that Power Adder vs Power Adder crap either.....you know the stock setup on that is nowhere close to blowing your happy juice..... If beating stock vehicles with your modded one is your goal, then well done.

No Offense but in order to compare the 2 make it an equal stage for all.

And just to clarify........I DONT CARE ABOUT DRAG RACING...........

EDIT:
Its a rush when you look over seeing or hearing that car in other lane rumbling and all your thinking is I wonder if I can take him.. what mods does this guy have... he has a bad ass ride.

Obviously you werent thinking much about the other guy.......

The GT500 is a Supercharged 5.4 not 5.8 and it is a 331 not a 351.....alot of difference there.

maverick169v

WS Posting God
yeah, 5.4 in the gt500. the difference is you can launch with 200 some or low 300 some hp/tq, he has the same problem as i do with a s/c. a blown car makes power instantaneously. he cant get rolling then hit the s/c. you are talking about two of the same cars and one with 100+ m ore hp. the only thing defeatign that car is traction. thats why i say for us to race i run slicks, because with slicks a blown car can get the same traction as yours with drag radials, or low pressure streets.

yosemiddysam

Donator
Gibs07GTcpe said:
First off, I dont give 2 ****s about drag racing......anyone can make a car go fast in a straight line for 8,10,15, 17 seconds or whatever. In other words, drag racing is boring to me..... Now build me a vehicle that has decent power, can get through the turns, great power off the turns, and good braking coming into the next turn. Then make it do that for 2-3 hours straight and that is exciting. That is sooooo much more than hitting the gas......shows more driving skills too.

YOU are the one that said you wanted to see how the 500 would be against a S197.....not me. I took it for what I read. You lined up a modded S197 against a stock 500......wow I am truly impressed. So beating him by 3 with NOS didnt make you want to run even up to see what you had.......what is the point after the first round of using NOS? 3 lentghs in 1/8 is alot. Now I can just see you going and telling everyone how you beat a GT500 by 3 lentghs in the 1/8......well I dont think it is that even of a race.....a modded, tuned, juiced GT with gears, lowered, and DR's against a stock 500......not an equal race. Considering he was running a stock tune, and all the other stuff you had said....... Run an equal car or run with equal mods and I will buy it. and dont give me that Power Adder vs Power Adder crap either.....you know the stock setup on that is nowhere close to blowing your happy juice..... If beating stock vehicles with your modded one is your goal, then well done.

No Offense but in order to compare the 2 make it an equal stage for all.

And just to clarify........I DONT CARE ABOUT DRAG RACING...........

EDIT:

Obviously you werent thinking much about the other guy.......

The GT500 is a Supercharged 5.4 not 5.8 and it is a 331 not a 351.....alot of difference there.

Sorry hoss but if you dont give two ****s about drag racing stop talking **** to one of the few on the site that does. I DO NOT want in the middle of this war but if I were you I would have just left better off alone. Get out there and race a few and then you have all the rights in the world to talk!!!!

02gt

traction is the name of the game and the GT 500 would rape the nos s197 with the same tires and same driving skill.

yosemiddysam

Donator
That is neither here nor there. When you take a car to the track you race what you have there. That would be like asking me to take my blower off to race a GT. Aint gonna happen. I know the GT 500 would rape him anywhere but at the Q but a win is a win. My buddy spanked my butt in his v-6 s-10 against my v-8 powered dakota. Did i make excuses....no I just said oh well my truck is slow! Made me wanna mod the **** outta it but that aint gonna happen. All I really wanna say is one either get out there and walk the walk or leave the racing and oppinions to ones self!

Roushed2

302 Motorsports
GT500 is made for 1/4 mile racing

they are great on road courses if you swap to a watts link suspension.

The tires they cme with stock are garage and cant handle the power they need drag tires to mak a fair match.

Been around Shelbies many many times.

Foxman

wow.. You hve no idea what your talking about when it comes to the bottle 02GT... Phils GT has all the potential in the world to beat a gt500... and there is no reason to talk **** on him for bragging about beating one... Sounds like a bunch of bitter slow racers to me!!!

AWESOME kill PHIL.... CONGRATS on your SUCCESS!!!

blackstallion06

Donator
02gt said:
traction is the name of the game and the GT 500 would rape the nos s197 with the same tires and same driving skill.

I agree stock for stoc. Your talking about a N/a s197 4.6 cubic inches vs. A car with bigger displacement and a Supercharger. That is like saying that a 500 vs. ford GT right same moter so they should run the same. NO We both ran street tires.

We both ran with street tires. just nos vs. s/c

GT400SC

PM for Decals
blackstallion06 said:
I agree stock for stoc. Your talking about a N/a s197 4.6 cubic inches vs. A car with bigger displacement and a Supercharger. That is like saying that a 500 vs. ford GT right same moter so they should run the same. NO We both ran street tires.

We both ran with street tires. just nos vs. s/c

You took your 4:10s out for his race? Diff in GT500 has 3:31

Foxman

stock for stock would be stupid.... and anyone giving him a hard time for using spray up against a GT500 is the same...