• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Gt500

blackstallion06

Everrett Wa. Soon to be St. Louis MO.
Donator
Gibs07GTcpe said:
First off, I dont give 2 ****s about drag racing......anyone can make a car go fast in a straight line for 8,10,15, 17 seconds or whatever. In other words, drag racing is boring to me..... Now build me a vehicle that has decent power, can get through the turns, great power off the turns, and good braking coming into the next turn. Then make it do that for 2-3 hours straight and that is exciting. That is sooooo much more than hitting the gas......shows more driving skills too.

YOU are the one that said you wanted to see how the 500 would be against a S197.....not me. I took it for what I read. You lined up a modded S197 against a stock 500......wow I am truly impressed. So beating him by 3 with NOS didnt make you want to run even up to see what you had.......what is the point after the first round of using NOS? 3 lentghs in 1/8 is alot. Now I can just see you going and telling everyone how you beat a GT500 by 3 lentghs in the 1/8......well I dont think it is that even of a race.....a modded, tuned, juiced GT with gears, lowered, and DR's against a stock 500......not an equal race. Considering he was running a stock tune, and all the other stuff you had said....... Run an equal car or run with equal mods and I will buy it. and dont give me that Power Adder vs Power Adder crap either.....you know the stock setup on that is nowhere close to blowing your happy juice..... If beating stock vehicles with your modded one is your goal, then well done.

No Offense but in order to compare the 2 make it an equal stage for all.

And just to clarify........I DONT CARE ABOUT DRAG RACING...........

EDIT:

Obviously you werent thinking much about the other guy.......

The GT500 is a Supercharged 5.4 not 5.8 and it is a 331 not a 351.....alot of difference there.

Gibs I am nt going to say anything of course will all your track expirence with road racing, and drag racing since you have been doing both for years is far more knowledgeable against my years of street racing and times down the track. Tax season I hope you buy some mods for either one of your vehicles and bring them out to a road course or a drag strip and run against my car. That way I can put your forum racers skills to the test!

GT400SC

PM for Decals
Machman said:
stock for stock would be stupid.... and anyone giving him a hard time for using spray up against a GT500 is the same...

I agree partially.

In theory, Phil should have been able to beat the GT500 WITHOUT NOS and I would have tried THAT first.

Considering Phil's gearing (4:10s versus the silly 3:31s) CAI and a tune versus NO tune, lots of experience versus "only tried it 4 times"....

Probably could have done it without the NOS.

But we'll never know.

GT400SC

PM for Decals
blackstallion06 said:
Gibs I am nt going to say anything of course will all your track expirence with road racing, and drag racing since you have been doing both for years is far more knowledgeable against my years of street racing and times down the track. Tax season I hope you buy some mods for either one of your vehicles and bring them out to a road course or a drag strip and run against my car. That way I can put your forum racers skills to the test!

And THIS is exactly why I know Phil will beat my truck in Feb (or whenever we have the event).

Gibs

Staff member
Global Moderator
No I dont drag race, No I dont care about it, No I dont really want to do it.

I was busting his balls because, If you win by 3 lentghs on the first run, what is the point of going after the same one again and again......Why not run something equal or at least close? HP to HP you should be running something in the same general time range as you........run 1 time to see and then well it is slower than me.......Also, did the driver know what he was doing or was it someone like me out there with no track experience? Might not have been the car but now the review is how bad the car was on the track.......Just my opinion. I could be wrong and of course since I dont drag race I must be wrong.

Anyway, I will stop now and leave it alone as requested because I have no clue what I am talking about apparently...........maybe I could be a sports caster then based on that...

Great win Phil, Your car is faster than a GT500 and alot of other vehicles, I am proud of you for it, as you have represented Wickedstangs so well at the track. No I am not being sarcastic either......

Gib

02gt

Machman said:
wow.. You hve no idea what your talking about when it comes to the bottle 02GT... Phils GT has all the potential in the world to beat a gt500... and there is no reason to talk **** on him for bragging about beating one... Sounds like a bunch of bitter slow racers to me!!!

AWESOME kill PHIL.... CONGRATS on your SUCCESS!!!

Like already said traction is the name of the game and driving skill plays a huge role whether it's is on a bottle or not.

GT400SC

PM for Decals
02gt said:
Like already said traction is the name of the game and driving skill plays a huge role whether it's is on a bottle or not.

You know what? That is the EXACT same thing Phil has been telling me. Wheel spin is (or at least WAS) his biggest enemy. "You can have all the power in the world but if you can't get it to the ground..." he's told me. And he's right!, SO....02GT, you too are right!!!

Gibs

Staff member
Global Moderator
blackstallion06 said:

I have no reason to Phil because I am not modding anything on mine. They are good enough.....I will run you on a road course anytime though.......

And some mods on the SS it would definately outrun a GT with a novice driving....much higher potential.......

With my stock GT.

Gibs

Staff member
Global Moderator
GT400SC said:
I agree partially.

In theory, Phil should have been able to beat the GT500 WITHOUT NOS and I would have tried THAT first.

Considering Phil's gearing (4:10s versus the silly 3:31s) CAI and a tune versus NO tune, lots of experience versus "only tried it 4 times"....

But we'll never know.

Well my point exactly but said alot better......

02gt

SO im wondering why machman can says something like i have "no idea" what im talking about when it comes to the bottle??????

blackstallion06

Donator
maverick169v said:
yeah, 5.4 in the gt500. the difference is you can launch with 200 some or low 300 some hp/tq, he has the same problem as i do with a s/c. a blown car makes power instantaneously. he cant get rolling then hit the s/c. you are talking about two of the same cars and one with 100+ m ore hp. the only thing defeatign that car is traction. thats why i say for us to race i run slicks, because with slicks a blown car can get the same traction as yours with drag radials, or low pressure streets.

Mav I believe in another thread I told you I would run you anytime. I believe we are probaly near the same power with me on NOS.

If you where on street ( just a example) do you roll down your window when they guy revs on you and say hey what are you running. Before this light turns green I want to know all your specs. Give me a run down do you have slicks, what power adder, what are your dyno numbers, what tires do you have out back, is it geared? hmmm I will meet you here tommorow about 5:30 after I get off work so I can regear my car and run slicks and re pully my blower, or up my shot on juice?

I am not ragging on you by any means just trying to get my point across bro! You actually take your car down the track and have all the room in world to talk. :)

blackstallion06

Donator
Gibs07GTcpe said:
I have no reason to Phil because I am not modding anything on mine. They are good enough.....I will run you on a road course anytime though.......

And some mods on the SS it would definately outrun a GT with a novice driving....much higher potential.......

With my stock GT.

Gibs anytime bro... I think you sould set something up for the club when ever California speedway does another road course. Would be a good event for the club.

Is that why the wife beat you with her SS? Was it your novice driving skills for drag racing?

GT400SC

PM for Decals
blackstallion06 said:
If you where on street ( just a example) do you roll down your window when they guy revs on you and say hey what are you running. Before this light turns green I want to know all your specs.

And because I know you're an honest guy, I'm willing to bet you found out all this info about HIS car AFTER all three races. right?

5.8 liter, Axelbacks, 3:55 gears, little to NO experience.....

Like taking candy from a baby!

blackstallion06

Donator
GT400SC said:
I agree partially.

But we'll never know.

I am not sure Tim or not. Maybe if he brings the car out again I will try. I would have had to switch tunes to be same or run on NOS tune and have 4 degrees timing taken out. If we where to go at a light on street I would have been running the stret tune. I will try when I see him again. He is a really nice guy met him a few times at Q-com. I raced him before is his truck. He is no stranger to racing. HE has a S/C Roush truck

Gibs

Staff member
Global Moderator
blackstallion06 said:
Gibs anytime bro... I think you sould set something up for the club when ever California speedway does another road course. Would be a good event for the club.

Is that why the wife beat you with her SS? Was it your novice driving skills for drag racing?

I meant my novice track skills not yours.....came out wrong on the post above.

Yep wife won with the SS cause it has more displacement, 4.10 gears, and 80 more HP.....not much skill involved though....hit the gas and it goes. I got 3.31's remember, from a roll does not help me one bit.......I killed the SS from a light.

I tried for willow springs and nobody wanted to pay the cash to do it......bout 200 each to rent the track.....

That is what I enjoy doing.........

GT400SC

PM for Decals
But WHEN did you find out about his modification up to a BIGGER "moter" er...engine than stock, his change to 3:73s instead of the stock gears and the addition of his axle back mufflers?

BEFORE or AFTER the races?

blackstallion06

Donator
02gt said:
traction is the name of the game and the GT 500 would rape the nos s197 with the same tires and same driving skill.

02gt- I was going to put you out there but since you joined the band wagon and ragging one me too like some of the other forum racers when we ran I was on moter I never sprayed. I was on my nos tune as well not even the street tune. So that is with alot of timeing taken out of the car This was something I was going to keep to myself but.. If you like to run again I will show you what my car can do on the spray. You have a very nice stang and congrats on your races

blackstallion06

Donator
GT400 he races there all the time he is not a newbie to racing. HE usually brings his truck. I knew he had a larger engine that the Gt's. I did think they had 3:73 by talking to windveil though over the phone.

02gt

im only stating facts not draging you down, quallcom is ****ty track to get any decent traction on with out running slicks.