• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Gt500

Roushed2

302 Motorsports
Good kill Phil

it may not be other peoples

PHILosophy LOL

but I think if people want to trash talk about this run take it to the NO RULES forum or keep it clean on ths thread.

Thank You.

GT400SC

PM for Decals
blackstallion06 said:
GT400 he races there all the time he is not a newbie to racing. HE usually brings his truck. I knew he had a larger engine that the Gt's. I did think they had 3:73 by talking to windveil though over the phone.

So, if I understand this correctly...

He is no stranger to drag racing yet in THIS PARTICULAR CAR, he is!

Putting a seasoned and experienced driver in a different car is like YOU getting into the CIVIC that blew you away and expecting you to drive exactly the same in a vehicle you're not used to. People who were there said he had only diven THAT PARTICULAR CAR at the track on 4 occasions. Obviously, he hasn't totally gotten used to it yet. Otherwise, you're telling us that YOU got totally used to your launches the FOURTH or FIFTH time you raced. NOBODY is totally at home in the car that fast. It doesn't matter if he raced funny cars, jet dragsters or top fuelers. Put him in a car he's raced less than half a dozen times and a seasoned racer in a silly CIVIC could beat him, like they did you.

Secondly, he does not have a larger engine than a stock GT500. He has a stock GT500. Instead of a 5.4, you told ud all he had a 5.8 and so far, you are still sticking to that story.

My questions still stands. WHEN did you find out about his lack of experience in THAT car and the mods you THOUGHT he had or didn't have? BEFORE the races or AFTER?

Foxman

02gt said:
im only stating facts not draging you down, quallcom is ****ty track to get any decent traction on with out running slicks.

what dont you understand.... phil wasn't racing him at two different tracks... they were both on the same TRACK!!! if its so hard to hook on for the GT500, wouldn't you think it would be equally hard for PHIL TO HOOK on the BOTTLE!!!

think about what your saying... i hate that excuse that the track doesnt hook... its just as hard for the guy in the other lane to hook....

orange395w

OG MEMBER
Staff member
This whole thread makes me want to slap someone! LOL You guys are a crack up. Bottom line is Phil's car has or will spank all of you in a race and for whatever reason that pisses you guys off. All of this talk about equal HP and gears is crybaby bull****. Run what ya brung and if the other guy is faster suckitthe****up! That's what drag racing is about. If you don't like it either beat him and put him in his place or don't comment.

Tire no tire driver experience or not, he spanked a car that costs $20,000 more than his or whatever they cost.

This argument can go on forever, that's racing. There is no such thing as cheating either your cars faster or it's not.

I'd run fill, but to even things out I guess I have to put a 500lb lead weight in my trunk???

Foxman

a veteran drag racer might not be right at home when he gets in to a new car and make 5 passes.... but he has a hell of alot better chance then anyone else... and he will be able to run fast but i wouldn't say a hole 4 cars...

Foxman

orange395w said:
This whole thread makes me want to slap someone! LOL You guys are a crack up. Bottom line is Phil's car has or will spank all of you in a race and for whatever reason that pisses you guys off. All of this talk about equal HP and gears is crybaby bull****. Run what ya brung and if the other guy is faster suckitthe****up! That's what drag racing is about. If you don't like it either beat him and put him in his place or don't comment.

Tire no tire driver experience or not, he spanked a car that costs $20,000 more than his or whatever they cost.

This argument can go on forever, that's racing. There is no such thing as cheating either your cars faster or it's not.

I'd run fill, but to even things out I guess I have to put a 500lb lead weight in my trunk???

couldn't have said it better myself!!!!

Roushed2

302 Motorsports
I never knew how much mods and super mods hate on people.

Win is a Win

You want to race you better be prepared to win/lose.

Be happy for a mber of your own club not hate on him for telling you what he did.

YOur a bunch of ****ing grown ass men bitching and crying about a friend saying he beat a car most of you can only dream of beating.

Be a man and congradulate someone who earned it.

orange395w

OG MEMBER
Staff member
I think we all need to just race this one out!!!!!!!!!!

But it can't be at qualcomm because it has no traction, and everyone must put their car back to stock and then you can only race cars with the same engine and if the guy you are racing is lighter he has to put weights in his car to even things out and only cars of the same color are allowed to race because red is faster than blue and black is faster than red and blue put together and well you get my point it just would be really hard to coordinate this event...........

LMMFAO!!!

GT400SC

PM for Decals
OK, I'm gonna race Phil in my truck and it's BONE STOCK.

I will lose, but I will lose to a heavily modded car, 1500 lbs lighter and a much more experienced driver who is younger, non-disabled (no spinal cord injury) and has a much faster reaction time.

He will cross the finish line WAY before my stock vehicle.

That will be a win to REALLY be proud of!!!!!

You beat a disabled old guy in a stock pick up truck!

No gears, street tires and stock Ford tune. WOW!!!

What I can't understand is why anyone would come in here and say they spanked a car and then added frosting to the win by saying the other guy's cars was modded too! (5.8 Liter engine swap from the stock 5.4 and a gear swap from 3:31s to 3:73s) Why say the other guy had mods? So your win looks even better? Wasn't it enough to say you beat a GT500?

NOoooooooooooo....You beat a MODDED GT500!

That sounds MORE cool!

Gibs

Staff member
Global Moderator
orange395w said:
There is no such thing as cheating either your cars faster

I never said that just for the record.....LOL

And I did say Good job to Phil.

Foxman

i think phil was just feed BS facts and didnt know it... the hole 5.8L thing i dont know it could have just been a brain fart or typo...remember it is the internet...

GT400SC

PM for Decals
Wrong on motor size (advatage goes to Phil for beating a bigger than stock GT500 moter)
Wrong on gear ratio (again to Phil for beating a better than stock GT500 gear ratio)
Wrong on experience (Guy races his truck regularly, not the GT500)
How does Phil get all this stuff wrong?

Cuz it "SOUNDS" better?

02gt

What ever you bring to the track and is legal according to them, is fair game. Regarless of tires and all of that bs. It's all about the fun of it for me.

Jason

GT500 is an overpriced piece of **** for someone who doesn't know how to supercharge their own car...my 4.6L 3V is making well more then a stock GT500 and it is customized exactly how I wanted it...in my opinion you should only get props if you choose the parts and are involved in the making of the power...