• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Gt500

gmantheman

I am not going to read through all the post, so this might be mentioned, but winning at Qualcomm doesn't prove too much. It's a good parking lot, but a crappy track. The GT 500 does come stock with 3.31 gears. The GT500KR comes with 3.73.

blackstallion06

Everrett Wa. Soon to be St. Louis MO.
Donator
I am not going to read through all the post, so this might be mentioned, but winning at Qualcomm doesn't prove too much. It's a good parking lot, but a crappy track. The GT 500 does come stock with 3.31 gears. The GT500KR comes with 3.73.

gm we should run it might be a tight race just go to drivers error

gmantheman

Phil, is your 8.1 at Barona with Nitrous or N/A? 8.1 for a N/A S197 especially at Barona is freaking fast. That low 12s in the 1/4 or high 11s with altitude correction.

blackstallion06

Donator
My car ran a mid 12 at FFW on a hundred shot. This was on a bad tune and on hoosier d/r's.After dyno day at JBA and my a/f was unsafe I ordered tunes through bamachips. TQ, racer, 100shot tune. I ran 8.1 with a 1.8 60ft at barona on my street tires. 285x40x18 BFG G-force This was on a 100 shot as well. I had a trap speed of 92mph I think.. you would have to check the garage. I just took a bunch of weight off front end of my car so I am hoping with a new clutch, drive shaft, and some cheaters and skinnys to be in 7's...

gmantheman

I am looking at getting some M/T drag radials or cheater slicks sometime next summer when I return from deployment. Are you going to Barona this Sunday Dec 21?

blackstallion06

Donator
Yes I was there today. I wasnt running good though. I didnt have a bottle. My car runs better at night there for some reason. There was 2 crashes back to back today was crazy. The launch was prepped well but the end needed to be dragged bad after one car left some oil but they didnt after that 2 camaros crashed

spdpilot

This thread was started about my GT500. I am new here and just came out to see what you guys are all about because I met a few of you at Qualcom. I am going to stay out of the fighting, but I thought it was only right that I set the record straight since you are talking about me.

First let me say that the GT500 was purchased two weeks before I took it to the track that night. It is my wifes daily driver. I had driven it a total of 4 times prior to that night. I had never even got on it competely.

I made it clear to everyone I raced that night that I was going easy on the car and to not take any wins against me seriously. In short, I babied the car. There is a good reason for this. This car is handful and I didn't want to put it into the wall. Every car is different and I was learning to drive it.

The car that night was bone stock. No cat back, no gears. It has 3:31's from the factory.

Am I experience driver? Yes, actually a professional driver. I have been involved with racing Fords for 22 years. I was part of several race teams from Funny Cars, IRL, and Trans Am. I have been on television for IRL and I have had direct input on the original design of the Mod motor with Ford. Over the past 10 years I have had little involvement and stepped out of racing. Most of the people I know are gone, but I have stayed involved with Mustangs.

So, I have no excuses on the experience side of things. YES, he did beat me every run. I am use to highly modified street cars. The GT500 has some serious issues drag racing that can lead to broken parts. I wasn't going to break the car that night. It was laying down off the line, and it had bad wheel hop. And it was not making power. I was there to practice with the car, not to break it.

I went back a second time earlier this month with the car and set the record straight with some mid 8 second passes. Still not great, but better.

I will be out at the Q on 1/9. If anyone wants a more realistic run with me. I will must likely not bring my Nitemare out to the track for a while, just the GT500. When my 98 KB Cobra has it's new engine put into it, that will be my track car. I just purchased all the parts and it should be done by the end of Feb.

I must say that I am a little upset that I had to defend my races for that night when I clearly told everyone the situation.

Glen

HisPony

Wondering where I am!?!?
This thread was started about my GT500. I am new here and just came out to see what you guys are all about because I met a few of you at Qualcom. I am going to stay out of the fighting, but I thought it was only right that I set the record straight since you are talking about me.

First let me say that the GT500 was purchased two weeks before I took it to the track that night. It is my wifes daily driver. I had driven it a total of 4 times prior to that night. I had never even got on it competely.

I made it clear to everyone I raced that night that I was going easy on the car and to not take any wins against me seriously. In short, I babied the car. There is a good reason for this. This car is handful and I didn't want to put it into the wall. Every car is different and I was learning to drive it.

The car that night was bone stock. No cat back, no gears. It has 3:31's from the factory.

Am I experience driver? Yes, actually a professional driver. I have been involved with racing Fords for 22 years. I was part of several race teams from Funny Cars, IRL, and Trans Am. I have been on television for IRL and I have had direct input on the original design of the Mod motor with Ford. Over the past 10 years I have had little involvement and stepped out of racing. Most of the people I know are gone, but I have stayed involved with Mustangs.

So, I have no excuses on the experience side of things. YES, he did beat me every run. I am use to highly modified street cars. The GT500 has some serious issues drag racing that can lead to broken parts. I wasn't going to break the car that night. It was laying down off the line, and it had bad wheel hop. And it was not making power. I was there to practice with the car, not to break it.

I went back a second time earlier this month with the car and set the record straight with some mid 8 second passes. Still not great, but better.

I will be out at the Q on 1/9. If anyone wants a more realistic run with me. I will must likely not bring my Nitemare out to the track for a while, just the GT500. When my 98 KB Cobra has it's new engine put into it, that will be my track car. I just purchased all the parts and it should be done by the end of Feb.

I must say that I am a little upset that I had to defend my races for that night when I clearly told everyone the situation.

Glen

Todays SMACK was brought to you by Burger King, Home of the Whopper.

Always Flame Broiled, Never FRIED!!

IgottaV8

Wickedstangs Road Racing Team
Staff member
Board Member
Lol, maybe you should race the club drag car, you seem to have the most experience, and just for the record, wasn't me...

spdpilot

Thanks for the invites!

You guys sure have grown since the last time I had any contact. I remember when there was like six of you. I was one of the original guys involved with allfordmustangs/v8mustangs and wrote many of the tech stuff for them and a few other sites. We were trying to get some of the clubs in the website.

Anyways, it is nice see you guys doing so well. I can't say how active I will be, but I'm always up for some fun now and then.

I do plan on being at your Barona event..... I think was Mustangs vs. World or something like that. I want to run at a real track for a change and I have never been out there. I do like supporting RaceLegal, but they need some help to attract some more serious cars and more racers in general. Are you guys in contact with any of the people running RaceLegal? I would like to make a few suggestions and being in race marketing, I can say they are making some obvious mistakes.

I will hang around the board some and try to make some of your events.

sdsubzero4

Spring Valley, CA
Spd, glad to have you here and with your expertise will be invaluable. I know for myself, I am learning as this is very new to me.

blackstallion06

Donator
Glen glad you are on site now. So how where your times with the truck last time out? Hell both of them are fast bring them both to mustangs vs. the world. Welcome!!

spdpilot

Glen glad you are on site now. So how where your times with the truck last time out? Hell both of them are fast bring them both to mustangs vs. the world. Welcome!!

Hey thanks!

I had the Nitemare truck last time. I made a lot of runs. It was cold, cold, cold that night. Great for power, bad for traction. My MPH was up. My best time was 8.80's. But mostly running 9.20's all night.

I did have a run in with a 05+ Mustang GT and it was so close I didn't know who won. It ended up he won by .005 .... He took off before I could talk with him, since it was about 11:45pm and many were leaving. I was wondering if it was someone from Wicked Stangs. It looked Dark Blue, but could have been black. I was thinking may be that one guy that you and I have talked with before. He is there alot. But he said he runs mid 8's and this was a 9.20 run.

Anyways, I would love to bring the truck to a better track, because it should be running low 8's to high 7's with the right tires. The truck is my daily driver, so I don't want anything broken just yet. I need to get some traction bars (ppl are breaking driveshafts) and some drag radials.

I will be bringing the GT500. I will also have GT500 at Q on 1/9.

blackstallion06

Donator
I may come down and watch. I think I am going to go barona on the 10th and run. Its a better track ect. Going to try to get a few of the other guys to go as well. We will see going to bring it up at meeting.