• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

header install

maverick169v

WS Posting God
beejay31000 said:
its not a termy

nope its not, but ive raced a few down there and havent lost yet. i enjoy the friendly competition but i would say your chances of beating me are smaller than beating a stock terminator. . if i go ill do a few runs on street tires to keep it kinda fair. if i spin a lot you prolly got a chance, on the nittos its all about when i catch and if i can get into it. last time i started with 8.50s and ended up with 8.70s o 8.80s by the end of the night the track got so bad. even the 8.50 was with all kinds of traction problems, im not making excuses im saying thats what pushed me to buy slicks. we should all get together down there, do some friendly trash talking and take it to the track.

Foxman

blackstallion06 said:
You did miss something maybe I didnt explain well enough. Here is the break down
Bakersfield 1/4 mile track 95+ temp (my car only slip i have from famoso) Mods CAI, Diablo tune, and Stock 235 Tires aired down, JBA axcel backs
R/T .365
60ft 2.336
1/8 9.030
1/4 13.77 ( car has gone best of 13.6 )
mph 105.17

New Mods since 13.6 run

Stang Suspension: Lowering springs, pan hard bar, lower control arms, upper control arm
Hurst short throw shifter
Gt500 replica wheels 285 BFG's
BBK Throttle Body. bbk headers
4:10 gears

Now with these mods and all the practice I have had at a poopy track (Qualcom) and the MPH from 13.7 run the car should be in 12's Do you understand now?
Here is the timeslip from other side or the guy I ran against. It was a traction problem for me and now I have a little more umfah to get me down track quicker and out of hole faster. Here is other run

r/t .248
60ft 2.009
1/8 8.5 (my car does this at qualcom)
mph 84.26
1/4 13.2
mph 104.44

Make since now?

just to get the facts strait you were running 13.6 with the 4:10's.

maverick169v

WS Posting God
blackstallion06 said:
r/t .248
60ft 2.009
1/8 8.5 (my car does this at qualcom)
mph 84.26
1/4 13.2
mph 104.44

but in the qualcomm thread at the begining of june you said "I am running between 8.7 to 9.2 at least tonight so I will get the trophy next time"

:bs: 2 tenths off your best run is a lot of work. im doubtful, but i dont mind being surprised.

blackstallion06

Everrett Wa. Soon to be St. Louis MO.
Donator
Beejay its a Dead Issue with these guys. If you dont have a supercharger you cant hang.. Anyway I am sure I might suprise you guys and I have soemthing up my sleave dont worry... I am not going down to Qualcom this Friday its my buddies B-day so we are all going out bar hopping. I may go next time not even sure yet. Waiting to do a few more things... depends on my mood SAT may go up to LA and run 1/4 miles to get a slip
Gibs sorry about my post thought your car was C/S because of your rear bumper. I do keep my slips your invited anytime mav to come check them out. Shows where you started to where you are now kinda thing I guess.

maverick169v

WS Posting God
im just bustin chops man, i know some guys who turn good times na, and if your making an improvement what else can you say? when i first started i was turning mid 9s. now im mid 8s, next time hopefully high 7s. you dont know me man, when i say stuff like that ive got a smile on my face. im never serious.

yosemiddysam

Donator
maverick169v said:
nope its not, but ive raced a few down there and havent lost yet. i enjoy the friendly competition but i would say your chances of beating me are smaller than beating a stock terminator. . if i go ill do a few runs on street tires to keep it kinda fair. if i spin a lot you prolly got a chance, on the nittos its all about when i catch and if i can get into it. last time i started with 8.50s and ended up with 8.70s o 8.80s by the end of the night the track got so bad. even the 8.50 was with all kinds of traction problems, im not making excuses im saying thats what pushed me to buy slicks. we should all get together down there, do some friendly trash talking and take it to the track.

I am most definately yer huckle berry. I just might have other plans this friday.

maverick169v

WS Posting God
yosemiddysam said:
I am most definately yer huckle berry. I just might have other plans this friday.

well i got slicks now, you make a lot more power than me but i might not be spinning. ill give you a shot. and if lose i will just complain that you make 115hp more than me.lol. im still trying to get teh wife to let me out of the house. who all is going? we need to meet up.

also, if you beat me, thats one, ive still laid waste to like 6. i should start painting cobras ponys, and lightning bolts on my driver side door. would that kill my sleeper image?

yosemiddysam

Donator
Sorry fellas. I am definately out for racing. I have to go to a retirement party for one of my buddies and with that comes alcohol and racing and drinking dont mix.

maverick169v

WS Posting God
yosemiddysam said:
Sorry fellas. I am definately out for racing. I have to go to a retirement party for one of my buddies and with that comes alcohol and racing and drinking dont mix.

:bs: weak. so who is going?