• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

I Need More Power !

HisPony

Wondering where I am!?!?
Wicked Stangs Chick said:
Alright guys, well I've decided I need to fix up my Stang !
It's been awhile and I got to get this started. I've realized that
I'd rather not go out and take on a new car payment but that since
I LOVE my car, I should keep it and start work on it !

So question is:
I want/need more power. So help me out here, what do
ya'll think are the best things I can do to my '95 V6 ?
Keeping in my mind I have limited funds for awhile.

Dennis is hooking me up with a bigger throttle body so far...

Thanks guys !

This is from a person who owned two "sixers" and got bit on one by the great state of Commiefornia on Smog:

You need to watch what parts you are adding first, some of the input you are gettig is from people outside of the state. Cali is very specific about CARB Laws. IE, I installed a UPR CAI on both of my cars, sold one and it passed the "sniffer" and failed the visual because the part didn't come with a CARB sticker and is not CARB legal. Some Smog Stations will inspect for CARB stickers and some not. Once you fail for no CARB sticker/number you are in the system.

Best advice I can give.

blackstallion06

Everrett Wa. Soon to be St. Louis MO.
Donator
I no that your afraid of the NOs but like machman said you want the power then add the gas. Just set it up so it comes on at Wde open Throttle. I got NOS on my car and love it for the gains. My best bang for the buck though as the guys said was gears... you have highway gears andd a deeper gear like a 4:10. I wouldnt waste the money on a blower as of yet especially on budget. Go with the NOS and gears. Look through the junkyards and fine a V-8 about same year and do the swap. Who says you have to have it in next week? Add the juice gears and build a V-8 right... enjoy your gas milege out of the snappy 6

Roushed2

302 Motorsports
no i was in the i.e. chapter but it became known as project mongoose in tampa florida. it was thought to be a v8 do to the exhaust sound not looks. and it stomped on termies in tampa.

IgottaV8

Wickedstangs Road Racing Team
Staff member
Board Member
Cool, I'll probably do all that stuff to my 6. And the 6's are a lot cheaper as far as insurance goes too. Plus, I love it when a little 6 beats the crap out of a more expensive 8.

VP_07SRT8

Tell the cops nothing!
Staff member
Board Member
in the end you have to spend a decent amount to get that six to a v8 level if not GT level then Cobra level. nothing against 6's

ok2003gt

Wicked Stangs Chick said:
Alright guys, well I've decided I need to fix up my Stang !
It's been awhile and I got to get this started. I've realized that
I'd rather not go out and take on a new car payment but that since
I LOVE my car, I should keep it and start work on it !

So question is:
I want/need more power. So help me out here, what do
ya'll think are the best things I can do to my '95 V6 ?
Keeping in my mind I have limited funds for awhile.

Dennis is hooking me up with a bigger throttle body so far...

Thanks guys !

Since I am not sure what you mean by "limited" funds, as far as what you can afford, several people have mentioned a V8. I came across a deal that might fit your application. A new 2004 GT engine complete, with harnesses, ECU, CAI, I mean everything. With some new motor mounts it would probably bolt directly in (you might have to check to verify that). You get a 4.6L that has ZERO miles on it, all the parts to do a bolt in swap, no need to worry about processor problems, because it comes with the processor it was built for. Still gets you 27-28 MPG.
I'm not sure if a Ford dealership could tell you if that would bolt right in, but you could always ask.
Cost for the engine is $3850.00 + some shipping, but you would have a car you could easily drive another 100,000 miles. Over 10 years that's like 400 per year. 12 month warranty on the engine. They also have it available with transmission (automatic) for $4500.00.
Pictures: http://home.fastspecialties.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=213&Itemid=2

maverick169v

WS Posting God
i will bet money those are remanufactured. if not thats a hell of a deal. and i must say a v8 is the best bolt on for a v6 mustang.lol.

maverick169v

WS Posting God
IgottaV6 said:
Plus, I love it when a little 6 beats the crap out of a more expensive 8.

that sounds as common as seeing a unicorn.lol. you know what though man, dont worry abotu other guys. are we gonna give you crap? yeah. but so what dude. even if it isnt as fast as other guys then just rock what you got man. if your a v6 its gonna be the gts, if your a gt its the cobras, cobras get it from built cobras and built gts in some circumstances. someone is always faster. which is why a year from now im buying and blowing a z06. then i can get harrassed by exotics.lol. someone is always faster.