• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Items left for Project Wicked Stangs

wickedstangs

Chula Vista, CA
Staff member
Administrator
Well, after some hard work today we again realized that we should have run a 302! Just kidding calm down!

Anyway what we did realize is that we need to do some more modifying and we most likely need to get the AJE K-member. The steering shaft is hitting the driver's side header and will not clear unless a nice fat dent were put in 2 of the header tubes. We could run some stockers, but I think we tossed them out!

Anyway, we also need some more fuel fittings because Some of the stuff I had wouldn't work and we had to route a couple things different. Easy fix here.

Then we have to get 2 fittings for the tranny along with lines and a cooler.

Car is getting there, but still needs work. Good job today everyone worked as a team!

Hey here is the AJE K-member what do you think?

Attachments

• AJEKMEMBER.jpg
    AJEKMEMBER.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 34

wickedstangs

Chula Vista, CA
Staff member
Administrator
Just looking at it.. It does not have the perches here is one with the perch
aje-mu3020.jpg

wickedstangs

Chula Vista, CA
Staff member
Administrator
the first one is not a good pic look at the second one... Look like it moves the rack to the right a bit..

orange395w

OG MEMBER
Staff member
At the very least open an account with them. It's very easy and they give 20% off. I did this when I had my business license.

02gt

Well, after some hard work today we again realized that we should have run a 302! Just kidding calm down!

Anyway what we did realize is that we need to do some more modifying and we most likely need to get the AJE K-member. The steering shaft is hitting the driver's side header and will not clear unless a nice fat dent were put in 2 of the header tubes. We could run some stockers, but I think we tossed them out!

Anyway, we also need some more fuel fittings because Some of the stuff I had wouldn't work and we had to route a couple things different. Easy fix here.

Then we have to get 2 fittings for the tranny along with lines and a cooler.

Car is getting there, but still needs work. Good job today everyone worked as a team!
did you guys try to add shims the motor mounts???

02gt

yeah i remember you guys were talking about it, I think before we start ordering parts we should start with simple things that may save us cash.

sdsubzero4

Spring Valley, CA
I think Emilio is going to try to see if they'll sponsor us with the K-member. If not, the shims is worth a try. Where's DSG?

wickedstangs

Chula Vista, CA
Staff member
Administrator
Just looking at it.. It does not have the perches here is one with the perch
aje-mu3020.jpg

All, I don't think shimming going to do the job.. If you look at the K-member the Rack and Pinion is offset a bit and will allow the steering shaft from hitting the headers. I already contacted AJE lets see what happens..:call:

orange395w

OG MEMBER
Staff member
You can't put anymore shims in that thing. We tightened down the nut to the motor mount and it's 3-4 threads short of the nylock on the nut! It's not safe and if you shim it more the stud will end up breaking. There should always be at least a thread or 2 sticking out of the other side of the nut. Especially a nylock.

This project is becoming very expensive.

Foxman

what project isnt expensive... the $349 your going to spend on this K member is the same $350 you would have had to spent on a high mileaged 302.... plus rebuild parts or even mods to make the 302 anywhere near the power that 4 valve is making now... yes it going to take a little money to make it work but a 302 would have taken more money to make power... you have to give a little to gain a little

and this shows more of Wicked stangs SKILL then a bolt pushrod motor....

Foxman

oh and with the 302.... you would have eventually bought a tubular K member...

why are you guys looking at the expensive Tubular one any ways.... why not go find a 96-98 mustang in the junk yard... that would be a lot cheaper!

orange395w

OG MEMBER
Staff member
The car already has a tubular K-member, so that would not have been an expense. We can argue all day on 302 vs 4v blah, blah, but the fact of the matter is that with a 302 or 351 the car would have most likely been up and running for some time now.

I took a junkyard 351w and put heads cam and intake on it and made 365HP & 381TQ. I'll guarantee that it cost me less than what was spent here and I'd love to see a 4V without a blower or stroker put that down.

Anyway, I'm all for getting this thing up and running. All I'm saying is that people are going to get tired of dumping money into this instead of their own cars. Eventually Emilio is going to run out of his own money that he has been spending as well.

I was just making a comment, not trying to start an arguement. Even though it's fun. :)