• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Items left for Project Wicked Stangs

Foxman

HAs the wiring situation been taken care of... and im sure a stock 96 to 98 mustang Kmember can be had dirt cheap... so get on it, I see 700 dollar in the pot... shouldnt have much problems if the money is spent in the right area....

GT400SC

PM for Decals
Wiring wasn't addressed yesterday. Everyone is concentrating on mechanical issues. looks like wiring will be one of the last issues tackled.

sdsubzero4

Spring Valley, CA
Actually those money was already spent on purchasing the rack and pinion, manual brake, (2) O2 sensors, and master cylinder, and some other parts I can't remember, but its listed on the "Items Left for the WS Race car" thread.

orange395w

OG MEMBER
Staff member
Actually those money was already spent on purchasing the rack and pinion, manual brake, (2) O2 sensors, and master cylinder, and some other parts I can't remember, but its listed on the "Items Left for the WS Race car" thread.

Thank you.

GT400SC

PM for Decals
Yesterday I cut out the center console and trimmed back the center housing that holds the radio, AC control, etc and gutted that. Then I made a cardboard template to make a metal switch panel. Instead of buying several individual switches, SDsubzero4 provided a really cool switch-box which makes everything 10 times easier.

Today, I fabricated the face plate to accept the switch box and it's ready to go in. I also chemically removed the printed lettering that was on all the white lamps above the switches and I can use my label maker to make new transparent labels once we assign circuits.

I'll polish up the face plate and add a WICKEDSTANGS decal!

There's plenty of room for gauges above the switch box.

switch1.jpg

switch2.jpg

switch3.jpg

switch4.jpg

wickedstangs

Chula Vista, CA
Staff member
Administrator
Yesterday I cut out the center console and trimmed back the center housing that holds the radio, AC control, etc and gutted that. Then I made a cardboard template to make a metal switch panel. Instead of buying several individual switches, SDsubzero4 provided a really cool switch-box which makes everything 10 times easier.

Today, I fabricated the face plate to accept the switch box and it's ready to go in. I also chemically removed the printed lettering that was on all the white lamps above the switches and I can use my label maker to make new transparent labels once we assign circuits.

I'll polish up the face plate and add a WICKEDSTANGS decal!

There's plenty of room for gauges above the switch box.

switch1.jpg

switch2.jpg

switch3.jpg

switch4.jpg

Very Nice Tim..:rock:

Foxman

welll just to let you know i looked in to the tubular k member, the only difference i have found is motor mount placement... looks like it moves the mount holes back about an inch for the MOD motors... and the rack stays in the same place all the tubular K members look like they have the Rack off set to one side.... i dont see the K member fixing the problem you guys are having with the steering... It mustang have to do with JBA's headers...

Foxman

By the way i love how you used the Rivets to mount much cleaner then screws Thumbs up, good job!

Foxman

rack and pinion, manual brake, (2) O2 sensors, and master cylinder, and some other parts I can't remember

im not seeing 700 bucks... oh well not my project...

orange395w

OG MEMBER
Staff member
welll just to let you know i looked in to the tubular k member, the only difference i have found is motor mount placement... looks like it moves the mount holes back about an inch for the MOD motors... and the rack stays in the same place all the tubular K members look like they have the Rack off set to one side.... i dont see the K member fixing the problem you guys are having with the steering... It mustang have to do with JBA's headers...

If the engine was set back 1" the steering shaft wouldn't hit the headers.

orange395w

OG MEMBER
Staff member
rack and pinion, manual brake, (2) O2 sensors, and master cylinder, and some other parts I can't remember

im not seeing 700 bucks... oh well not my project...

Dude where do you shop? The rack and pinion kit (flaming river w/steering shaft and tie rod ends) was $395 and the manual brakes are $250. That's all of the money right there. SDSUBZERO04 bought the 02's out of his own pocket.

GT400SC

PM for Decals
Dude where do you shop? The rack and pinion kit (flaming river w/steering shaft and tie rod ends) was $395 and the manual brakes are $250. That's all of the money right there. SDSUBZERO04 bought the 02's out of his own pocket.

Actually, I bought ONE of the 02 sensors with $50 cash I gave to Emilio.