• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Local Dyno Tuner?

Status
Not open for further replies.

02gt

im not pissed, ill call you tomorrow and explain why im so against dante, boosted you have the best tune and fastes car, i appoligize....

1WKDRSH

Pueblo, Co President
Staff member
Donator
Board Member
:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:
:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:
:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:
:popcorn::popcorn:
:popcorn:

Man I am getting fat eating all this popcorn......

NO your getting fat because your a CHIEF!!!! lol

Gibs

Staff member
Global Moderator
popcorn.gif

Gibs

Staff member
Global Moderator
LOL thats a good way to look at it..... I will say that RET tuned Yose's cars and they are doing fine. How agressive they are tuned I dont know. I have heard alot of good things on this and other forums about RET. But then again, you hear bad things too.....you just got to be able to sort through the info and decide what is the tunes fault and what is the owners fault......

GIb

1WKDRSH

Pueblo, Co President
Staff member
Donator
Board Member
Like I said everybody has there own opinions about each shop. Thats why you need to get the addresses and go talk to the tuner. This is an on going thing. You are going to like the tuner that treats you the best.

boostedmach

i got my tune from dante almost year ago and i have had timming turned since may of last year, i fried my plug last month thats the fist time i had any problems...the only reason i made it to 7.83 is because i turned timming and the meth allowed me to do that...im done debating about dante and jba.....you guys can keep swinging from their nuts but you guys are going to be looking at my tail lights at barona.....PEACE!!!!

So what happens when you get out ran by a DMP tune...from someone swinging from his nuts? You get beat by a nut swinger?

DSGimportslayer

DSG in the hisouse!
Staff member
alright guys this is nat a god damn thread to debate in. give a name of a shop and your experiences and help this guy out. so stop the fukkiin arguiong back and forth. ok now with that out of the way. i have a conservitive daunte tune. with almost 70000k miles it is pretty safe. i put down 479/501, on a conservitave tune 11.4 A/F ratio and 17* of timing. now before i switched back to sct i had a diablo, and was going to get GTR up in ranch cucomonga, to get tuned. these guys seemed really knowledgable espeacially with our cars. termies are a dime a dozen up there. and it is right next to fontana. well fontana is a little further away. but these guys are in the back of 5.0, and mmff. me and james went up there for a car show and needless to say we were both impressed. but i dont think anyone down here has tried them yet. and as for the timing shyt everyone was talking about, you can always tell the tuner you dont want more than 18* timing if you want. it is your car!!

elky406

I went 15000 miles on 700 whp worth of whipple nitrous with my tune.Then hit the rev limiter on a missed shift on the jug and nipped a piston.

Mach1Marauder

I have a customer with an 06 3V Mustang that got a 2.3 Whipple at 3K(It sat on the lot for a WHILE). It now has 80K on it. It first had the 8lb kit with the GT500 fuel kit and it was chunking belts.........first kits did that crap. It's had the 12lb kit on it now for 45K++ miles at 501 RWHP on poopy Phoenix 91 octane.
He's gone thru several input shafts on the tranny before we installed a GT500 6060. He's on his second twindisc clutch! He's on his second rebuild on the rear! He makes full throttle pulls to the redline in 6th!:nonono: Every single thing we told him NOT do to, he has done..........NUMEROUS TIMES.........and that dang engine still runs smooth with no oil burning and no rattle on start up. It's used Motorcraft synthetic blend.

Tuning on most cars is pretty simple.........honestly. Go to the shop and actually watch them tune(IF they will let you!) See if they data log several parameters. See if they have TWO people on the dyno when the tune is fairly close or if it's a difficult tune. If they don't have two people and one has a flashlight to call off the run if he sees detonation out the exhaust, check them off your list. Check to see if the operator making the run can see the dyno's wideband output. See if they pull out as soon as it trends lean.

If any of the above proceedures are missing, go somewhere else!

To the OP:
That should be a pretty nice combo! I've seen some pretty nice numbers from that combo. Good luck with your search for a good tuner. If you have any questions about anything you see at the shops, feel free to PM me. I'll be happy to answer your questions. I'm sorry that I can't recommend a shop to you in SoCal, since I don't know any of the tuners personally.

elky406

I have a customer with an 06 3V Mustang that got a 2.3 Whipple at 3K(It sat on the lot for a WHILE). It now has 80K on it. It first had the 8lb kit with the GT500 fuel kit and it was chunking belts.........first kits did that crap. It's had the 12lb kit on it now for 45K++ miles at 501 RWHP on poopy Phoenix 91 octane.
He's gone thru several input shafts on the tranny before we installed a GT500 6060. He's on his second twindisc clutch! He's on his second rebuild on the rear! He makes full throttle pulls to the redline in 6th!:nonono: Every single thing we told him NOT do to, he has done..........NUMEROUS TIMES.........and that dang engine still runs smooth with no oil burning and no rattle on start up. It's used Motorcraft synthetic blend.

Tuning on most cars is pretty simple.........honestly. Go to the shop and actually watch them tune(IF they will let you!) See if they data log several parameters. See if they have TWO people on the dyno when the tune is fairly close or if it's a difficult tune. If they don't have two people and one has a flashlight to call off the run if he sees detonation out the exhaust, check them off your list. Check to see if the operator making the run can see the dyno's wideband output. See if they pull out as soon as it trends lean.

If any of the above proceedures are missing, go somewhere else!

To the OP:
That should be a pretty nice combo! I've seen some pretty nice numbers from that combo. Good luck with your search for a good tuner. If you have any questions about anything you see at the shops, feel free to PM me. I'll be happy to answer your questions. I'm sorry that I can't recommend a shop to you in SoCal, since I don't know any of the tuners personally.
You dont have to have two people to tune a car,if you start with a plenty safe timing map and get your fuel were you want it,i data log everything every single pull,you get your a/f about 5% richer then you want it and bring your timing back in 1 degree at a time,that will bring your a/f back to your ideal area you want it at.
And yea i should have had a window switch owell now i have a crusher and built motor and over 840 whp threw a unlocked auto.

Status
Not open for further replies.