• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

MUSTANGS vs THE WORLD PART 1 25 JAN 2009

wickedstangs

Chula Vista, CA
Staff member
Administrator
MUSTANGS VS THE WORLD PART 1

WHEN: SUNDAY January 25th, 2009
TIME: 10:00 AM TO 04:00 PM
EVENT: NHRA SUMMIT SERIES #2/WICKED MUSTANGS/5.80 INDEX CARS/ T & T GAMBLER GRUDGE
SCHEDULE: http://www.baronadrags.com/schedule.shtml

All right people this is how it is going to work..........

This will be a true street style event meaning that all cars participating in this event must have a current registration and insurance. Cars may be trailored, but will need to show Registration & Insurance before any awards are given.

The classes will be 6, 7, 8, 9, 10sec/slower cars. Test n Tune time will be afforded to everyone before the actual event kicks off to give you an idea of what time zone your car will be in. If you are caught sandbagging you will be DQ'd from recieving any awards. Once the event starts it will be run elimination style. You lose and your out. The last car standing in each time zone is the winner for that class.

If there are a large amount of cars in a particular field, for example the 9 sec class has 20-30 cars in it we can break down the 9 sec class to 9-9.49 and 9.50 - 9.9 and so on for the other classes.

If there is time at the end there will be grudge racing. If you want to run someone call them out and go race!

RSVP

wickedstangs

Chula Vista, CA
Staff member
Administrator
Mustangs VS The World Part 1

FORUMS POSTED ON...
www.ls1.com
www.ls1tech.com
www.svtperformance.com
www.socalterminators.com
www.modularfords.com
http://www.bmcforums.com/showthread.php?p=1582395#post1582395
www.militarystangs.com
www.unitedstangs.com
http://relay.militarytuners.com:3280/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=22442#post22442
www.f150forum.com
www.socalstangs.com

TROPHIES NEEDED...
All, Since it is a Short Notice we are looking for Sponsors for the different classes...
6 Sec Class
7 Sec Class
8 Sec Class (BANGASTANG)
9 Sec Class
10sec/slower cars. (WICKEDSTANGS MUSTANG CLUB)

For club trophies I was thinking.....
Best E.T. 1st, 2nd, and 3rd as well as a best reaction time of the night. (WSPS)

Please enter text for the engraving:
1st Place 10 Second and Slower Class (ET,MPH,etc)
January 25th, 2009
Sponsored by: YOUR NAME/BUSINESS

2nd Place 10 Second and Slower Class (ET,MPH,etc)
January 25th, 2009

3rd Place 10 Second and Slower Class (ET,MPH,etc)
January 25th, 2009

IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO HELP/SPONSOR PLEASE CONTACT ME ASAP...

Gibs

Staff member
Global Moderator
So if I run the SS.......and I think it should be able to run 9.5 stock....what class do I run? because if I run too fast and get 9.4 then I am out right?

Or should I go with the next down....

Gib

sdsubzero4

Spring Valley, CA
I need to make sure my car is up to par. What would I run in mine? 12s?
GT with CAI, exhaust, headers, springs in street tires. Not tuned

blackstallion06

Everrett Wa. Soon to be St. Louis MO.
Donator
Gibs you should bring your Mustang cause it will be quicker than that if you can get it out of the hole. That way you can represent the club. I am sure one of the club members would have to put a hurt "N" on that Chevy. LOL You will have to go hang out with the Vet and Crapmaro guys lol. Just kidding with you

Gibs

Staff member
Global Moderator
Gibs you should bring your Mustang cause it will be quicker than that if you can get it out of the hole. That way you can represent the club. I am sure one of the club members would have to put a hurt "N" on that Chevy. LOL You will have to go hang out with the Vet and Crapmaro guys lol. Just kidding with you

Seriously, I am worried about stalling it off the line....that thing is sooooo touchy from the line with the dang 3.31's. It always lurches and crap when I try to dump it. But the good news is I dont get much wheel spin from it.......

The SS would not be as quick off the line but I think would be faster than my stang in the 1/8th......Just a guess. And only cause I got to pedal it to get it to not stall......LOL

Gib

blackstallion06

Donator
Seriously, I am worried about stalling it off the line....that thing is sooooo touchy from the line with the dang 3.31's. It always lurches and crap when I try to dump it. But the good news is I dont get much wheel spin from it.......

The SS would not be as quick off the line but I think would be faster than my stang in the 1/8th......Just a guess. And only cause I got to pedal it to get it to not stall......LOL

Gib

Gibs if your serious about your driving skills with the stang I would be more than happy to show you. It is faster than the SUV. There are a couple ways to get it out of the hole. You can rev it and slip the clutch. Or rev it up to about 21 and just take off fast so you dont have wheel spin and it dont bogg

sdsubzero4

Spring Valley, CA
Hey, if I'm going to do this, I'll need some of that help, too. But mine is auto.

BTW, I need to run with top up on the car, right?

Gibs

Staff member
Global Moderator
2100 it will stall if I dump it.

Seriously it is that bad. Most times I take it up past 3 to get moving to keep it from lurching.

If I didnt know I had 3.31's I would swear they were like 1.25's back there. It hates getting moving. I hate slipping the clutch soo bad all the time.

blackstallion06

Donator
Danny all you have to do is hold the brake and bring your rpm up till just before you start to spin.I will show you next time I see you. Its easy with Auto car.

Gibs when I bring your jack stands back I like to go for a ride so you can show me what your car does that way I can help you as well

Gibs

Staff member
Global Moderator
Unless I do a 4K dump on it in a straight line it wont spin the rears......now while turning that is a differnt story....it will spin all day if I turn left....turning right it wont. My rear end is off center from lowering....just a little bit but enough to make it not spin going that way.

blackstallion06

Donator
It would still spin. Not unless you have a 6er rear end.. its peg legged. I dont understand. I would take it to Ford and have them fix it