• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Mustangs Vs. The World Part II

wickedstangs

Chula Vista, CA
Staff member
Administrator
Yes please give me names of the guys from Barona... I know Danny and Bobby have talked to someone, I need names and a number.

spdpilot

I am not trying to cause trouble........

The thing is, (and don't think Barona feels this way) is......Barona is not exactly convenient. Not for this event, but Fontana would bring a whole lot more people from the LA area and clubs up there. Maybe the next one.

I think we had added at least what? .....20-25 racers to their race track last time that would not have been there otherwise. That should say something. I know we don't want to say we will bring out a 100 racers, but I could see 30-40 maybe. The very fact that it is at Barona takes some away from the event. Some of the people I have invited say they won't even run an 1/8 mile (only 1/4) and why would they want to go all the way up to Ramona/Barona to do it.

We need to have some pride here. Barona is only going to take you as seriously as you present yourself.

I bet Racelegal would give us our own lane for a night if we did it there and most likely even our own pit area. The prep'd part of the track last time was to bad at all.

spdpilot

I agree that more can be done in the future, but we have not proven to Barona that there will be a huge turnout. Once we get the cars out there and they make some money, then we will have some bargaining power.

I agree with the scheduling problem. Last list they gave us we were on. NOW?????

The Friday night test and tune is for those who want a little extra practice and want to camp out over night. Runs made on Friday night will not count towards the event. You can just show up Friday night and not run, it's up to the individual.

Saturday will be the event and any car with a WickedStangs Banner will get $5 off the admission fee. Of course, it will cost you 5$ to run in the event. Half of the entry fee will go to the race car and the other half will be split between the winners of each class.

Well, we got a problem then. Because one flyer here on the website says racing is on Saturday. And another flyer (in this thread I think) says Friday AND Saturday. Some people may show up on Friday night thinking there is a race and they might not be happy. Ahhh can't find it now. But I was confused, others may be also. You might want to word it something like.....Mustangs vs. World Race Saturday, but everyone is welcome to show up Friday (optional) and get some practice runs in before Saturdays big event.

I would not only say exactly which days and hours to come, but also where to meet and look for the WS booth etc when they get there. Maybe some signage at the event itself to point people in the right direction?

I am not trying to be criticle. I have run a few race events before and seen the problems first hand. Just trying to help.

-----------------------

I edited the above post because I put SAT/SUN instead off Fri/Sat (oops) and now I can't find the flyer that said both days without clarifying one as a race and the other being T&T.

wickedstangs

Chula Vista, CA
Staff member
Administrator
spdpilot we are trying to set up a race Committee your input are greatly appreciated...

yosemiddysam

Donator
I truely hope we get more respect out of the Barona team then we did the last time. Ya know one of the track guys that really gets along with me, told me that I had better calm my friend down or he was not gonna let any of us race. He then proceded to say that if he "Emilio" wanted to do his job he was more than welcomed to come do it.

spdpilot

I truely hope we get more respect out of the Barona team then we did the last time. Ya know one of the track guys that really gets along with me, told me that I had better calm my friend down or he was not gonna let any of us race. He then proceded to say that if he "Emilio" wanted to do his job he was more than welcomed to come do it.

Really? Wow!

Whoever the track guy was, may not be anyone of importance, so I wouldn't take it to seriously. It is usually the guy with least amount of authority who has the who say things like that.

They are pretty grumpy people from my experiences with them. So, I don't see them being to happy with anyone. Just they type of people they are.

It seems to me, they have the regulars there of about 20-30 racers in the summit and jr dragsters and they are pretty content with that. Trying to grow the track attendance is not a priority. They believe they are the only game in town. When you look at them vs. racelegal, I can see their point.

M

Mustangcwo

spd pilot,

Continue to give us your inputs. We have been all over Barona and the rules to make this event the best it can become. Most of us have little experience at putting on such a large and important event. We take most inputs very seriously and will run each one to ground. Thank you.

wickedstangs

Chula Vista, CA
Staff member
Administrator
Really? Wow!

Whoever the track guy was, may not be anyone of importance, so I wouldn't take it to seriously. It is usually the guy with least amount of authority who has the who say things like that.

They are pretty grumpy people from my experiences with them. So, I don't see them being to happy with anyone. Just they type of people they are.

It seems to me, they have the regulars there of about 20-30 racers in the summit and jr dragsters and they are pretty content with that. Trying to grow the track attendance is not a priority. They believe they are the only game in town. When you look at them vs. racelegal, I can see their point.

It wasn't really a big deal, I stick up for my people at work daily and that is what happened at the track. He was giving Wicked Stangs members hell and I had to rectify it..:) He ended up aplogizing to me afterwards...

blackstallion06

Everrett Wa. Soon to be St. Louis MO.
Donator
Great I will be gone for this.... ugh. Well guess I will be ready for the next one when I get backoff cruise.