• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Mustangs Vs. The World Part II

beejay31000

BULLWINKLE
**** YAH, i'll be back, gotta get my car ready, i'll have a month, i'll run on my ghetto tires, which will most likely put me at 9.0's **** YA. put my name down!

<-------super excited

Gibs

Staff member
Global Moderator
BJ, there is 3 meals a day, a dry rack, mid rats, movies, video games, poker, college classes, sleeping, bs ing, and alot of other useless stuff too....

Lots of exciting stuff.

Gib

spdpilot

I am excited also! It was a blast last time and should be this time also.

Maybe I can push to get my 98 Cobra Engine finished? 1000hp should get me down the track nicely!

Is there going to be a "Most Specular Near Crash" award?? I am an expert at that lately! I am not sure what I might do with the extra 500hp on the 98, but it won't be boring. Ahhh...got to remember to bring an extra change in shorts. :lol:

sdsubzero4

Spring Valley, CA

Maybe I can push to get my 98 Cobra Engine finished? 1000hp should get me down the track nicely!

Is there going to be a "Most Specular Near Crash" award?? I am an expert at that lately! I am not sure what I might do with the extra 500hp on the 98, but it won't be boring. Ahhh...got to remember to bring an extra change in shorts. :lol:

We'll come up with a special award for that. LOL!

IgottaV8

Wickedstangs Road Racing Team
Staff member
Board Member

That's right, that one ricer would've won it last time. Doing a 360* spin and almost hitting Albert qualifies.

orange395w

OG MEMBER
Staff member
I don't even like to joke about stuff like that. For some reason Barona seems to have alot of crashes. I went to Carlsbad for years and never even saw one crash. I went to Barona a handful of times now and have seen like 10!!!

I guess I shouldn't have taken out my front bumper!?

yosemiddysam

Donator
I think it's cause the cars there have too much HP for the track. The 240 was just stupid....... Just what I have noticed....... and there are a bunch of cars that leak crap on the track and noone notices. The tech is not the greatest there!!!!!!

spdpilot

I think it's cause the cars there have too much HP for the track. The 240 was just stupid....... Just what I have noticed....... and there are a bunch of cars that leak crap on the track and noone notices. The tech is not the greatest there!!!!!!

Tech? What Tech? You are suppose to run through Tech?? My cars are solid, so I don't worry about it. I think the last road side inspection of one my cars by unknowledgable cop was a better inspection.

I think you are right about leaking crap on the track. I have given my near spin a lot of thought and I have come to the conclusion, there is no way the car could have done that on a track without the help of something being slick.

I mean, I had my DR's on (18psi) and heated. How does the ass end come around on a prep'd track?

Thats the reason that spin got to me.... was it just seemed so wrong and really unexpected. I have raced alot and it caught me completely off guard. Normally, you will feel it loose on launch and through first. But it was solid. bam, hit 2nd and it was like I was on ice.

spdpilot

Hey guys.....

I know you may be working out the final details, but there were a couple things that really bug me about this event. I know I made some previous suggestions, but these two things I really really think need to addressed.....

1) We have to pay $80 to the track to race? $40 T&T for qualifying on Sat Night + $40 again for racing in the event on Sunday? That is pretty expensive! Isn't there some kind of discount? Plus money to enter the event??

2) NO WHERE on the Barona website that I can find, talks about the event. We should be in their schedule.

To me, this looks like a one sided deal. Isn't Barona going to get involved at all?

Maybe on M vs. W - 3 we can do it up at the 1/4 mile in Fontana?

orange395w

OG MEMBER
Staff member
Hey guys.....

I know you may be working out the final details, but there were a couple things that really bug me about this event. I know I made some previous suggestions, but these two things I really really think need to addressed.....

1) We have to pay $80 to the track to race? $40 T&T for qualifying on Sat Night + $40 again for racing in the event on Sunday? That is pretty expensive! Isn't there some kind of discount? Plus money to enter the event??

2) NO WHERE on the Barona website that I can find, talks about the event. We should be in their schedule.

To me, this looks like a one sided deal. Isn't Barona going to get involved at all?

Maybe on M vs. W - 3 we can do it up at the 1/4 mile in Fontana?

I agree. They stand to make a crap load of money here and they have not even put it on the schedule yet. I think a meeting with them is in order with some poeple that can speak intelligently for the club.

M

Mustangcwo

I agree. They stand to make a crap load of money here and they have not even put it on the schedule yet. I think a meeting with them is in order with some poeple that can speak intelligently for the club.

I agree that more can be done in the future, but we have not proven to Barona that there will be a huge turnout. Once we get the cars out there and they make some money, then we will have some bargaining power.

I agree with the scheduling problem. Last list they gave us we were on. NOW?????

The Friday night test and tune is for those who want a little extra practice and want to camp out over night. Runs made on Friday night will not count towards the event. You can just show up Friday night and not run, it's up to the individual.

Saturday will be the event and any car with a WickedStangs Banner will get $5 off the admission fee. Of course, it will cost you 5$ to run in the event. Half of the entry fee will go to the race car and the other half will be split between the winners of each class.

wickedstangs

Chula Vista, CA
Staff member
Administrator

Sounds like your out.. :rofl: But, for reals thanks for everyone's suggestions and inputs just want to reassure everyone that all these point have been brought up at the board members meeting. Right now, what I need is names and contact info..

Thank You

Gibs

Staff member
Global Moderator
Hey does my Tramp Stamp on my Mustang or the Small one on my TBSS count as a Wickedstangs Banner?

I mean we dont have anyone t make them now so I cant put one on it....LOL

orange395w

OG MEMBER
Staff member
Sounds like your out.. :rofl: But, for reals thanks for everyone's suggestions and inputs just want to reassure everyone that all these point have been brought up at the board members meeting. Right now, what I need is names and contact info..

Thank You

You don't always have to take everything personal, lol! Names and contact info for whom exactly?? Barona?

I think we should have a sign up roster at "Mustangs on the beach", Dante's Modular Performance, Club meetings and any other event between now and then. If we have a piece of paper showing 60-80 names that plan to race it may show to be more worth their while. Just another suggestion.

FYI: When I spoke to Barona at the last one they said if we showed that 80 cars were coming they will basically give us the whole track for the day.

orange395w

OG MEMBER
Staff member
Also might want to invite the other forums to some of our events or meetings. That way they hear first hand what is going on and how things are going to be run.