• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Mustangs Vs. The World Part II

Gibs

Staff member
Global Moderator
Make sure you put the name of the forum and a link to it also. That is so we can goto the thread to check for attendance of people.

1WKDRSH

Pueblo, Co President
Staff member
Donator
Board Member
Dang we couldn't have this A month later???? O'well have fun....

Tommy

Questions from other forums:
Can someone please answer?

1) is there a limited amount of cars?

2) Will the admission be different than the usual pricing?

spdpilot

A few suggestions.....

I noticed a lot of great ideas and it sounds like you guys will have a meeting to discuss. As usual, I am to far away to attend or I would.

1) I recommend a "written" rules for the event. Sooner the better.

2) Make sure the track agrees to Announce when classes need to be at staging area. Making everyone stand by their cars all day long is not normal when you race in events and not really fun. The track did not do that last time.

3) At the last event my truck ran consistent 9.00's and anyone else in the class did not stand a chance of winning. Especially if they had anything above 9.50. I know this made some people upset. I would highly recommend you bracket people with a dial in .10 below an average of THREE run qualifying passes. Or at least split the two biggest classes in two. Say 8.00, 8.50, 9.00 & 9.50. Those are going to be your biggest classes anyway, which are already hard to manage.

4) Last time I was forced to run someone who only made "two" qualifying passes and he was clearly in the 8.00 class (i ran 9.00) and if he had not red lighted, he would have won. I say it should be "mandatory" for people to run 3 qualifying runs.

5) This could be a big event, as everyone is doing a good job of getting the word out. Barona stands to make some money off this and get more regulars at the track also. In my opinion, the Track last time did not take the event as seriously as they should have. They did very few announcements, they put us last on the racing list, and they didn't keep a very good schedule. In the end, it made it very confusing. If it wasn't for the WS members working extra hard to make sure everything worked, it could have been a disaster. I hope they really step it up this time. Someone should really sit down and make them realize the benefit of this event to them.

6) Anyone considered printing up some teeshirts to sell at the event? With the event artwork? This could make some money for WS and promote future events.

7) Along the same lines as 6 above, a well decorated winners circle with a good photographer. Not a big deal to WS members, but it may attract others to the event. People love to brag. And good pictures at the winners circle will spread around the internet and give the club a positive professional representation as bring more people to the next event.

8) I would suggest an OVERALL event CAR CLUB winner. The car club (Ford, Camaro, Import, website, whatever) with the most wins at the event or some other criteria would receive a real nice Giant Trophy. They would hold the trophy as reining champions of M vs W until the next event. They either defend it or pass it along. They could display it at club events as champions. This would really promote the event and make other "whole" car clubs want to compete and shoot up attendance. Now, we (WS) may win it the first few events, but eventually, someone is going to want to take it from us. Thus, the drama begins.