• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Obama is Surprised Vets don’t want to pay their own Medical Expenses?

Shane361

Anyone know anything more about this or factual links? If true which is highly possible I would like to know. -Shane

DON'T CARE WHAT SIDE OF THE POLITICAL FENCE YOUR ON. THIS IS THE ABSOLUTE WORST THING I'VE EVER HEARD ANYONE ATTEMPT TO DO TO OUR RETURNING TROOPS.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Obama is Surprised Vets don’t want to pay their own Medical Expenses!

Here’s his response when he backed-off from his decision to let the military pay for their war injuries.

Bad press, including major mockery of the plan by comedian Jon Stewart, led to President Obama abandoning his proposal to
require veterans' private health insurance to cover the estimated $540 million annual cost to the federal government of treatment for
injuries to military personnel received during their tours on active duty.

The President admitted that he was puzzled by the magnitude of the opposition to his proposal. "Look, it's an
all volunteer force,"

Obama complained. "Nobody made these guys go to war. They had to have known and accepted the risks. Now they whine
about bearing the costs of their choice? It doesn't compute."

"I thought thes e were people who were proud to sacrifice for their country," Obama continued. "I wasn't asking for blood - just money. With the country facing the worst financial crisis in its history, I'd have thought that the patriotic thing to
do would be to try to help reduce the nation's deficit.
I guess I underestimated the selfishness of some of my fellow Americans."

Tom’s Comments:

Typical of an individual who never served a day of his life on active duty.

What more could one expect from a politician at the public trough?

Fighting Sailor

San Angelo TX
It is part of the covenant that we enter when we "volunteer" that the Government will take care of us should be become injured. We give up a large portion of our Freedom, we give up any semblance of a "normal" family life and we put ourselves in harms way! We deserve every benifit the country can give (and more). If this is true... I fear for the status of my upcomming retirement from active duty.
George Orwell once said: " Society can sleep soundly in there beds with the knowledge that rough men stand ready in faraway lands, to do violence on thier behalf".
We are those "rough men" and we have been protecting this society! We haven't waivered or failed to do our duty. The country should not fail to live up to it's side of the bargain!

sdsubzero4

Spring Valley, CA
In my opinion, I doubt he said any of that or said it in that manner. That would be idiotic. I wouldn't put it pass him to say it, but my honest opinion someone edited those.

But, I did received couple of statements for my service related treatment with what portion was my responsibility. But never received a bill for them.

xromad

i hate how most politicians that talk about cutting spending never touch the hundreds of billions spent on overseas bases.we don't need 1000.the main focus should be taking care of our own people and patrolling our own borders,not someone elses.

HisPony

Wondering where I am!?!?
i hate how most politicians that talk about cutting spending never touch the hundreds of billions spent on overseas bases.we don't need 1000.the main focus should be taking care of our own people and patrolling our own borders,not someone elses.

Being Retired Navy

I will defer my comment to someone else!

yosemiddysam

Donator
I agree. close down Iwakuni. They dont want us here and I hate being here. Win Win! LOL We are needed here to Protect Korea though.

sdsubzero4

Spring Valley, CA
National Security comes to mind and proactive over reactive is another thought. I rather hit them at their own border whether then waiting for them to hit ours. Those are the reasons for foreign bases. To protect our national interests.

xromad

i don't support total nonintervention but there is only one reason for 1000+ overseas.we can protect ourselves with 100

yosemiddysam

Donator
If we would be attacked there will be way more than 100 people. Like I said not trying to insult ....I just got a chuckle out of that. It reminded me of Subs joke this morning.