• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Races 29th, 30th and 31st

orange395w

OG MEMBER
Staff member
Wow, would have been a good day to go! Sooo any lessons learned or really good E.Ts?

The lesson learned today was don't EVER use performance transmissions for anything. THEY SUCK!! My transmission is toast. My car will likely be down for quite some time. :nonono:

orange395w

OG MEMBER
Staff member
Who was your tranny from Bobby?

PERFORMANCE TRANSMISSIONS. I was ripped off. Chuck the owner took advantage of my lack of knowledge on auto's and charged me the price of a PA transmission and I got a stock rebuild with some racing clutches, manual valve body and hardened input shaft.

Of course after the fact I've heard nothing but bad things about him at Barona and even a few people here posted stuff about them in the sorry mustang shop forum.

My transmission should have came with an upgraded 6 pinion forward planetary, pro shift servos, upgraded pump and rollerized bearings, etc. I paid $2600 for them to build and install the transmission. I told him I could install it, but he insisted that they would do it.

Live and learn :nonono:

orange395w

OG MEMBER
Staff member
Ouch man... Think it will be up for MVTW?

With my wife not working and me being the only income for her and my 2 little ones it's doubtful. I need to unload all of the nitrous stuff I just bought to fund the transmission rebuild. :nonono:

M

Mustangcwo

I hate shops...ALL SHOPS. Good luck on the rebuild and I hope someone out there actually provides the service they boost.

yosemiddysam

Donator
Have you tried to make things right with them? I have never used them nor know anything about them but with a receipt for 2600 bucks I believe they would be fixin my tranny!!!!!!

orange395w

OG MEMBER
Staff member
Have you tried to make things right with them? I have never used them nor know anything about them but with a receipt for 2600 bucks I believe they would be fixin my tranny!!!!!!

There are no warranties with racing. It's been a year. It's not so much that the trans is toast. It's the fact that I thought I was getting a trans that was beefed up with good parts and in fact it wasn't. I can't find the f'ing reciept anywhere either! :nonono:

spdpilot

My lesson learned is.....READ!!

I went to Barona on Sunday, thinking thats what you guys said.

Anyways, it was the slowest day at Barona I have ever seen.

I made several single runs because there was no one to race!!!

But despite that I missed having you guys around, it was a lot of fun.

The 98 Cobra is still not registered yet (just bought the parts to fix it).

The Shelby suddenly developed a slipping clutch.

So, I took the truck. I pulled all the tricks out I could think of. Removed spare, removed headlight for cold air, cooled the supercharger between rounds, aired up the fronts to 40+ pounds, aired down the rears to 25 pounds. I tried manual shifting.

I set a new low ET for the truck! 8.90!!!