• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Shellbacks check in!!

02gt

i got my shellback cert in aug of 05 and got my golden shell back this last pac....

StarAngel

I got Shellback in May 95, and Golden Shellback in Sep 95, Same Cruise and old style, all male crew and as a BM. Now i have crossed 4 times since but not the same. God Bless the USS ELLIOT DD-967, may she always be remembered! I have my small crad on me at all times.

(USS ELLIOT is now a Artificial reef near the great barrier reef off the coast of Autrailia.)

HisPony

Wondering where I am!?!?
I would like to thank Gibs for putting the Shellback thread back where it belongs!

HONORABLE SHELLBACKS

Please continue to check in!!

Mach1Marauder

Honorable Golden Shellback USS Decatur DDG31 Nov-Dec 78 :dizzy::argh:

Damn that was a long time ago!:nonono:

Last time across the equator(twice on the cruise) was in 88 when bringing the Indy outta SLEP outta Philly and changing home port to SanDiego!
Damn ship was FULL OF WOGS on the east side of the little cruise!:rofl: :rofl:

gunner

I might be able to claim the HONOR OF BEING THE OLDEST shellback here : First crossed on USS Dehaven DD 727 in 1967. Then crossed twice On USS White Plains AFS 4 in the seventies. That was when you had to crawl through all kinds of crap and really got your ass whipped with cut off fire hoses. Yes I would do it again, but not at my age now LOL

PS: I will be 70 in 2 days ---- HATE DEM WOGS

sdsubzero4

Spring Valley, CA
I might be able to claim the HONOR OF BEING THE OLDEST shellback here : First crossed on USS Dehaven DD 727 in 1967. Then crossed twice On USS White Plains AFS 4 in the seventies. That was when you had to crawl through all kinds of crap and really got your ass whipped with cut off fire hoses. Yes I would do it again, but not at my age now LOL

PS: I will be 70 in 2 days ---- HATE DEM WOGS

Damn....I think you do have the honor of being the oldest Shellback on here. Was the White Flames brand new when you crossed on her? LOL....J/K.
Happy early 70th. Hope to see you out at some of our gathering.