• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Wicked Stangs @ Whipple Industies!!!!

What day for Whipple??

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

GT400SC

PM for Decals
OK, two groups.

An "AWAY TEAM" (speed freaks who go on ahead) and the regular "LANDING PARTY" who cruise at a steady speed encircling the race car trailer and protecting it with their lives!

LaughingGT

hahah this will be a good meeting ill be seeing u guys here then joining u down south so it wont be such an odd transition anymore

ears

there ya go gt!!! now that sounds more like it!!! now we just need someone willing to drive slow enough to cary the race car!!! whose gonna take one for the team!!!

Mike@Whipple

Guys. I am going to be offering special "car show" pricing on the kits for anyone in atendence for that day only. If you are interested in purchasing, PM me what kit you are looking for and I will price it for you. No posting of prices though, please.

ears

i wonder how i would like a whipple in comparison to the procharger???? hhhmmmmmmm???? LATER DOWN THE LINE OF COURSE
!!!

GT400SC

PM for Decals
i wonder how i would like a whipple in comparison to the procharger???? hhhmmmmmmm???? LATER DOWN THE LINE OF COURSE
!!!

You know what? I'll be 110% honest here.....

I can't honestly tell you that I have compared the two. Nor have I compared Whipple with anyone else. I'd have to buy one of every SC and try them one at a time. But, I did MONTHS worth of research online before I bought my Whipple and MANY things contributed to my decision.

1. I didn't want to use a configuration that used my stock plastic intake. Why would I want to pressurize a plastic intake that normally wants to work under a vaccum state? After seeing guys blow up the plastic intakes, I decided that wasn't for me.

2. I wanted to buy a product that came with or used an aluminum intake to replace that POS plastic crap. That came down to Roush or Whipple.

3. I wanted a company's product that was local, or at least in California. That way, tech support was in my same time zone and calls would be easier. Not someone in Michigan, three time zones away. If I had to ship parts back to them, I wanted to ship locally, not 2000 miles away. Whipple overnights and that's a big plus for me.

They all have years of great reputations but NOBODY (IMHO) matched Whipple.

It cost me more than less expensive units but I got exactly what I wanted. The staff at Whipple have been top-notch and have taken care of my concerns from day one. The installation manual for my supercharger was so well written that even a blind ape could have installed it. Well thought out and written.

When it's all said and done, Whipple was the answer for me and everyone has their own opinions. I wanted an SC that sat on TOP of my engine, not hanging out there like an oversized AC compressor.

Besides, it looks BAD ASS!

whipple08.jpg

VENOM04

+1 for gt400sc!!!!!!!! I cant speak for gt400sc but i will say that i prefer the screaming whine from a roots blower than the sound of an f-18's apu coming out from under the hood of my car. Plus from what i have read in the past you can make more power with less boost from a twin screw than an centerfusial blower.

Correct me if im wrong but i also think that whipple (being a part of ford racing) is the only blower you can put on your car without voiding the factory warranty.

GT400SC

PM for Decals
Roush will not void your warranty but I believe it needs to be installed by the dealer. I'm not positive, but self-installs won't be warrantied. But they would have to prove your install damaged your car and warranty laws would determine it's effect. I'm reasonbly sure my self-installed Whipple causes concern with my warranty.

Wait, I don't have a warranty! LOL

VENOM04

LOL!!!!! Thanks for the info GT400SC.

So if ROUSH can do it and not void your warranty what about SALEEN

You should be good GT400SC. Are there any dealerships that would even be able to put on a blower???? none that i know of and for sure none that i would even let try... LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.