• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Subzero's car

orange395w

OG MEMBER
Staff member
Danny lets go for a ride and I will datalog your car for you.. We can post it up for all the professional tuners we have on the site...

This is coming from the guy who paid $500 for a tuning class and didn't know that 10 was rich and 14 was lean! :wtf::lol:

orange395w

OG MEMBER
Staff member
LOL.........Did the guilty dog bark first?:lol::lol::lol::lol::rofl::rofl::rofl:

I guess I'm the guilty party. Never the less this statement doesn't make any sense. "Well guys...........some have a bit too high test levels! LOL!"

So in your EXPERT opinion it's completely safe to be running an A/F ratio of 12.1 on a blower car? Then the tuner says I can make it a little better, but I don't want to risk blowing up your car? Does that make sense to you?

Gibs

Staff member
Global Moderator
I need popcorn for this....LOL Drama and I am not the cause of it!!!! YES!!!!

orange395w

OG MEMBER
Staff member
Oh yeah while I'm at it I haven't heard our resident/president experts explain how the car made 429ft lbs of tq a day earlier and 389ft lbs today on the same dyno? Please don't say the weather. :lol:

orange395w

OG MEMBER
Staff member

It's not drama I just want Danny's car to last. I would hate to see him blow a head gasket his first trip to Barona. If some people would quit playing politics we would have some answers by now. I just think 12.1 is starting to push it.

Mach1Marauder

I guess I'm the guilty party. Never the less this statement doesn't make any sense. "Well guys...........some have a bit too high test levels! LOL!"

So in your EXPERT opinion it's completely safe to be running an A/F ratio of 12.1 on a blower car? Then the tuner says I can make it a little better, but I don't want to risk blowing up your car? Does that make sense to you?
Test is short for testosterone.

I don't put much faith into second had info. And please, no offense to ANYONE, second hand info from armatures that may misunderstand what's said.
This why I offered to evaluate any datalogs.

BTW............it's perfectly normal to see slightly lower boost levels when runing on the street VS on a dyno.

Hush Jackass!:lol:

Shane361

It's not drama I just want Danny's car to last. I would hate to see him blow a head gasket his first trip to Barona. If some people would quit playing politics we would have some answers by now. I just think 12.1 is starting to push it.

Isn't 11.8 optimal..and making it "better" from a 12.1 would be even worse? Not great at this...tell you up front..I'm here to learn people....(Billy Madison)

orange395w

OG MEMBER
Staff member
Test is short for testosterone.

BTW............it's perfectly normal to see slightly lower boost levels when runing on the street VS on a dyno.

Thanks for clearing up the testosterone thing. :) Well if the above statement is true I would rather go by what it shows on the street than on the dyno.

Apparently I'm the only one who spoke with Sub today. The whole story isn't in this thread.

Gibs

Staff member
Global Moderator
OK what is the difference in the 10.2 and the 12.1 AFR? To me that doesnt seem like very much difference.... I dont understand this part at all....

I know it is air to Fuel ratio..... what I mean is why is that little of a difference such a big deal....

Mach, I am not a JACKASS!!!!! LOL @$$hole YES.... Jackass NO! LOL

Gib

Shane361

It's a big difference actually as mentioned. Too rich you loose power and too lean you loose your motor. Sure there is more to it but thats the skinny of it as I see it.

This confuses me...
In naturally aspirated engines powered by octane, maximum power is frequently reached at AFRs ranging from 12.5 - 13.3:1 or λ of 0.850 - 0.901.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air-fuel_ratio

Gibs

Staff member
Global Moderator
ok so too lean is 10.XX and too rich is 12.1 in this example?

Gibs

Staff member
Global Moderator
well damn.....no wonder my 07 dont run right!!!! LOL J/K

So too lean will cause you to ruin a head gasket? with the blower.....?

Shane361

Blower, turbo, NA it doesnt matter..your go lean and have detonation and the head/ head gasket is usually the first to suffer. Which is what happened to me when the KenneBell first went on.

orange395w

OG MEMBER
Staff member

Too lean will cause you to ruin a head gasket amongst other things in any car due to detonation.

Gibs

Staff member
Global Moderator
ok cool thanks..... I learned something and the drama stopped because everyone took a timeout to school the engine retard......LOL