• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

347 engine build

sdsubzero4

Spring Valley, CA
That's what I meant.....that he had someone there with experience to help him and not himself doing it alone.

M

Mustangcwo

I think he can, I think he can, I think he can.....chugga chugga chugga.

Tommy

Ethan, you'll do just fine !!! Just make sure to keep the gearheads in the loop, take plenty of pictures/videos and share them along the way. Ask plenty of questions and triple check your work.

Keep an open mind and welcome all the constructive criticism. Everyone wants to see that grin on your face when you end up with a bad a$$ powerplant :rock:

Gibs

Staff member
Global Moderator
I would actually like to see Ethan do it himself.....with the help of someone who knows how. It is a great opportunity for him to learn and when your building your own engine it makes ya respect it more. If things dont seem right it makes ya fix it before ruining it. Plus I think HE can!!!!!!!!

I will agree with him doing it himself, while learning from someone. That is the way I learned to rebuild them.....dad showed me how. I was insinuating him doing it all himself that would be bad.

Definately agree he should do the work and learn from one of you engine building studs around here....

Gib

Gibs

Staff member
Global Moderator
No I agree Yose, mine just didnt come out right.....

ears

good luck w that ethan at least you actually got started on a motor,,, you have made a decision,,,, thats the first step!!!!!! congrats my man!!!! now make sure you do it right id hate for you to put all that time and money into a motor that blows as soon as it cranks!!!!

ears

lololololololololololololololololololololololololol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! wow that was a long laugh!!!

IgottaV8

Wickedstangs Road Racing Team
Staff member
Board Member
Thanks guys, that is what I meant, I was just kind of unprepared for that question to come up so soon. Thanks for the offer Orange, I will have to take up that offer, and I am still saving up some more to get larger fuel injectors and a new MAF, will I need anything larger than the 24lb injectors I have now? And I will have to look up either rebuiling a T-5 or getting something else. I want to be able to drive it without waiting a month because my tranny went out on me, and I don't have the money to replace it.

orange395w

OG MEMBER
Staff member
will I need anything larger than the 24lb injectors I have now? And I will have to look up either rebuiling a T-5 or getting something else. I want to be able to drive it without waiting a month because my tranny went out on me, and I don't have the money to replace it.

The 24lbers are good to only 345hp @ 90% duty cycle. That 347 will push them to the limit. I would get at least 30lbers which are good to 430hp. http://store.summitracing.com/partd...=SUM-240030&N=700+4294908331+115&autoview=sku

Whatever you do don't buy a C&L MAF! They suck and cause tuning problems.

Is the tranny giving you problems now? If not run it till it breaks. It's easy to pull out and swap.

orange395w

OG MEMBER
Staff member
Where is this project at? What are your plans? Did you start on it? WTF is going on here!!!!!!

I'm not going to summer school, so I may be looking for side jobs. :)

orange395w

OG MEMBER
Staff member
Hello, Hello hello..............Anybody Home, Home, home?..............................Hello, Hello, hello???????.................Anybody Home, Home, home???????................WTF?

Let me start a post, hmmmm, I know.............347 engine build, THE END.

02gt

:call:
Hello, Hello hello..............Anybody Home, Home, home?..............................Hello, Hello, hello???????.................Anybody Home, Home, home???????................WTF?

Let me start a post, hmmmm, I know.............347 engine build, THE END.

:call: hello?

IgottaV8

Staff member
Board Member
Lol, sorry for not posting, I am saving up for the mass air meter and a chromemoly flywheel, then I am going to put that baby in. But I want to get something for my dad's lightning for Father's day, so I am putting money toward that. As soon as I get that done, I will start putting it together.

IgottaV8

Staff member
Board Member
Oh, plus, I have to pay to get a cat welded in since I opened up mine, and I need to get it smogged, plus I am going in for DMV registration in early June, so after all of that is done, then I will be starting it.

orange395w

OG MEMBER
Staff member
Make sure that you keep it covered up all of that time so dirt doesn't get in it. Large trash bags work well and tie it tight.