• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

347 engine build

ears

just like you expected to hear my new engine!! man people on this site are gonna start thinkin i dont even really have a stang!!!

ears

lllloooollll!!!! trust me you dont want to see a pic of it right now,,,,,,,,,!!!! she looks as bad as ethans new motor!!!!! about torn apart!!!LOLOL!!!!

ears

alright so be it!!! ill throw a few up this wknd!!! scouts honor!!! now back to ethans poor trouble shooting skills!!!!! wheres my motor biatch!!!!!!!

IgottaV8

Wickedstangs Road Racing Team
Staff member
Board Member
All right, I won't buy the pushrods. And I should be getting the rest of the stuff next weekend. I still want to put those 30lb injectors, so not next week, but the week after that maybe, I will start on the 5th. the day after that car show. Will the stock fuel lines hook up to an Aeromotive fuel rail??

IgottaV8

Staff member
Board Member
I have both a different pump and a fuel pressure regulator already.

IgottaV8

Staff member
Board Member
I'll stick with my stock ones for a little while then, unless I will really need them.

ears

i was gonna say,,, those rails take some doin to get your lines hooked up to em!!! some line, and all the good ole an fittings,,,, good luck with that too!!!! and dont take summits word on what you need for that either!!!! i had to send fittings back to them 5 times because they kept sending me the wrong fittings!!!!

orange395w

OG MEMBER
Staff member
Ethan, the head gaskets you need are PN# FPP-1011-2, I have a new water pump gasket for you. You will need a timing cover gasket w/seal. May also want to get a new rear main seal. Get those at your local NAPA or kragen. You will also need Intake gaskets PN# FPP-1250. I recommend oil pan gasket PN# FMS-M-6710-A50 .

That should be a start for you. I'll have to look at the rails to tell you what you need.

P.S. Those are all summit part numbers. Ears don't ever talk smack about the worlds speed shop!! I have been ordering from them for over 10yrs and they have never done me wrong. EVER.

Sinful

Don't forget to add a cd player with an 10 " LCD screen to the list before putting the motor together.

WTF man your list makes no sense.

Focus on finishing the shortblock and make it into a longblock first before thinking about MAS, injectors, drivetrain etc. Otherwise you will never finish, specially if is a budget build.

First start cleaning from top to bottom. The shortblock should be good no need to take it apart; install oil pan with a new gasket at the end, leave the timing cover/water pump/cam alone, it already has new gaskets, good timing chain/sprocket, and no signs of leaks/wear on anything there. leave the lifters, dog bones, etc alone too !. don't touch anything and just clean clean.

get ARP head studs and some heads. then get back to me for further instructions.

IgottaV8

Staff member
Board Member
Hey Bobby, are you available July 5th? I want to take my car and the stuff over to your house and start the build.

IgottaV8

Staff member
Board Member
I already have the oil pan gasket, atleast I ordered the right one. I will order all that stuff tommorow.