• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

347 engine build

IgottaV8

Wickedstangs Road Racing Team
Staff member
Board Member
Well, I dropped it off at Dante's on Tuesday, he's going to dissasemble it to make sure that all the piston rings and such. I dropped of the Trickflow heads as well. Hopefully everything is good.

IgottaV8

Staff member
Board Member
I was wondering, if I want 400 at the crank, what do you think i'll need?

orange395w

OG MEMBER
Staff member
Roughly 340RWHP. Very doable with a 347 and the right supporting parts. You won't get there with GT40's. What TFS heads do you have? Where did you get them?

IgottaV8

Staff member
Board Member
Yeah, I he is sending it to comp cams to get it inspected. I should find out the lift and duration soon, I can't remember which TFS heads they are, I'll ask Dante, he should be able to look at them and find out.

IgottaV8

Staff member
Board Member
Do you think an Edelbrock Performer RPM II intake would be good?

M

Mustangcwo

If you're looking for torque purchase a GT40 tubular. If you're searching for peak HP, then I suggest the Edelbrock Victor 5.0. Difference in torque on a built 347 with cams and good aftermarket heads is about 25ft lbs, diff in HP is about 30 horsepower. Either one of these will out perform the Edelbrock Performer RPM II

IgottaV8

Staff member
Board Member
Thanks for all the help and advice guys, it is pretty much done, it just needs a few parts here and there to finish it up. Hope to have it installed in the next few weeks. Will get a spec sheet up on Tuesday for all to feast their eyes upon.

IgottaV8

Staff member
Board Member
Ok, I will post up the build sheet so far tonight, and I was wondering, how were we doing the fuel system when you were going to do it? where would the stock fuel lines meet the stainless steel braided hoses?

IgottaV8

Staff member
Board Member
Ok, I have the parts list, so Here it goes.

Clevite rods and main bearings
High Volume Oil Pump W/ new oil Pump shaft
Canton oil pan & Dipstick
Arp Main studs.
Crower Hydraulic roller camshaft performance level 4
Crower Stainless Steel Rockers.
Probe Forged Pistons
Trick Flow 170cc Twisted Wedge heads
Edelbrock Victor EFI Intake

That completes it for now.

IgottaV8

Staff member
Board Member
I forgot to take my camera, I took a couple pics with my phone that I uploaded, but I will go next tuesday and take more.

0223000958a.jpg

0223000958.jpg

0223000953.jpg

IgottaV8

Staff member
Board Member
Hey, I updated and added new pics to the first page, come take a look. I dropped my car off this moring.

IgottaV8

Staff member
Board Member
At Dante's, he warranties his engines for a year.

Daniboy1983

Well first off I just realized this thread is about 10 months old. Dude what is taking so long? Get this done man.

2nd why are you running such a large intake? I'm not an EFI guy but on my carb'd 347 I wouldn't run an Edelbrock Victor intake unless I planned on spinning the motor to 8500 or 9000. My father ran a Victor Jr. on a 550 hp 355 (3.47 stroke) that spun 7500 all day, so unless efi is way different I don't understand why you are running such a large intake. I'm sure you already bought it, but I really think you went too big. building a motor for the street is not all about peak hp. You have to think about tq and that intake is probably going to cost you alot. Both heads and cam are too small for that intake in a street car. If efi cars act different someone should correct me, but not many would run a victor intake on a 400-425 hp carb'd 347.

IgottaV8

Staff member
Board Member
Update!!!!! The motor is in the car, there is one or two small issues, mostly with clearance. I am going to get some solid motor drop mounts, and some smaller valve covers because my hood doesn't clear, and niether does my EGR tube.

0323000808a.jpg

0323000808.jpg