• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

engine build questions

Sinful

beejay31000 said:
for everything i am loking about 20k

You looking to spend 20k in mods for the stang? Do you also just want like a really fast street machine and race it at the track every once in awhile? What exacly do want the car to do for you?

DSGimportslayer

DSG in the hisouse!
Staff member
you know theres a guy i was reading about a few months ago i think his last name was heubert or something and he took a 84 4 banger turbocharged which i think they came stock that way back then. well any way this guy is doing wheelies off the line and i was thinking that a setup like that might or might not solve your gas mileage issue.

beejay31000

BULLWINKLE
your thinking of the SVO, and no i want to keep the v8. i get 12-15 now, and thats good enough. if i can get better then great, but i dont want it to get much worse. the tranny will help alot with longer gears and a 6 cog too

DSGimportslayer

DSG in the hisouse!
Staff member
now that i think about it as much boost and fuel needed to do the wheelies might be shootin yourself in the foot anyway i thought it was pretty interesting.

Gibs

Staff member
Global Moderator
I know a 04 Cobra Vert for 19 K.....and it is black.....Female owned!

Gib

beejay31000

BULLWINKLE
modular would be double the cost, so no, cant afford it.

gibs, will it be there when i get back. cant do anything now. my hands are financially tied up

Gibs

Staff member
Global Moderator
I doubt it.....

Someone will snatch it up but there will be others....

Gib

DSGimportslayer

DSG in the hisouse!
Staff member
bj i was just looking at dss racing and they may have the motor set up you want at the price you may be looking for. you can even get an assembled blue printed block for a reasonable price.

DSGimportslayer

DSG in the hisouse!
Staff member
i think they will use what ever block you want. they advertise the boss block i think all you got to do is call them up tell them what you want and guatamaline farm children build it and send it you you i guess.

Sinful

I would just keep it simple because it adds up pretty quickly and 20k ain't much after all hell breaks loose.

This is what I would do in your shoes, starting from top to bottom.....

S-trim V2 with a nice bypass valve and power pipe with a 10 rib pulley setup
Holley system II intake
50lb injectors
Edelbrock RPM heads or AFR 185s
Custom blower cam (with the right valve head springs for the cam)
302 stock shortblock (if yours is still healthy)
Good balancer, aluminum sfi flywheel, custom clutch or centerforce dual friction with a king cobra pressure plate.
T56 transmission

that's about $6-7k already and good for 470-500rwhp and extremelly fun to drive on the street (makes no sense to have 550rwhp +, it's pointless on the street)

As far as handling, you'll needed to decide to drag or street/handle

for street
Bilsteins shocks/struts, H&R race/super race springs, MM panhard bar, full subs, MM CC plates and other small misc parts to stiffen the chasis.

Brakes, you def want some good brakes.

Rear end, 3.55-3.73s with a nice street friendly differential

that's another $2500-3000

Anything more it's not going to be comfortable, street and wallet friendly.

VP_07SRT8

Tell the cops nothing!
Staff member
Board Member
bj give me your email ill send you a couple of emails i got from different engine companies to give you a idea on price and set up. i wrote a ton of motor companies while on deployment. your pay doesnt sound bad. hopefully you will pick up rank soon

Sinful

Just to give an idea how much I had put in my previous combo that had to be aborted due to spending over my budget...

R336 complete shortblock $6000
Heads, intake, cam, solid roller setu with all the other associated parts $3000
HP turbo kit $4000

Complete Fuel system
$1000

low imp Injectors, MAF, tuner $ 1500

I had spent over $15k in parts and we still needed a transmission, built the rear end, pay for a tune, suspension parts, and bunch of other parts etc. Needles to say I quit lol