• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

...famoso 8-21-09...

I

Ichiduo

Well maybe if jay could work 3 pedals then maybe jay and could swap cars.

i have two legs, two pedals are fine with me... :laugh:

seriously though, if i could go back in time i woulda got the terminator at own-a-car. woulda spent the day learning to drive stick.

eventually, i'll own a terminator. :rock:

p.s.

my last post came out harsher than i wanted it to. kinda added smileys to TRY and convey how i really wanted it to come out. :eek: hate forums as i cannot convey emotion in text. :laugh:

Foxman

you ran 13.5 with drag radials, disconnected sway bar, no back seat, no passenger seat, with cool down time in between runs.

i ran 13.5 in an automatic, misfiring (pretty sure nate said complete misfire), timing being pulled (bad knock sensor), street tires (3 year old reiken raptors from my v6... UGH!) at 35psi, full interior, hot lapping, and sway bar connected.

and now you wanna race a race quad vs. a minor bolt on mach. :nonono:

when you came to the track firday, you said you told everyone you were gonna gut your mach. everyone except me. wonder why? maybe you knew i woulda done the same thing? :p

i'm happy you ran a 13.5 your first time at the track in your mach. i did the same thing first time at the track in my mach also. :laugh: differences are what i stated.

also now you're spinning all the way through first? your dad told me when you left you slightly chirped and then hooked. i even remember something about looking over the christmas tree after doing a burnout / launching. broke loose at the 1/8th? funny, that night i had none of that. who was running street tires again? :confused: i just wanna make sure. for DRAG RADIALS to:

i think you need to get your money back. you're running the same way me and charlie 2 ran on our STREET TIRES. so i guess all the money you spent on those toyo proxies was garbage, huh? :p

i know all the money i spent getting my mach to run right is garbage until i get traction. :nonono:

no not garbage... if you know anything about cars or tires you would know that a brand new set of DR's don't hook there best till you get a couple heat cycles through them and wear them down some... he's DR's garbage... he ran faster then you with 7 cylinders and a cold air exhaust vrs your tune, mid pipe and catback

but i guess your auto can still run as fast as a 5 speed right??

oh and you didnt run 13.5 with a dead cylinder and knock sensors pulling timing... NO ****ING WAY!

you have no idea when your car started do that

I

Ichiduo

now now children.. we are supposed to argue with SD not our own chapter...

not arguing. just comparing shane's 13.5 to my own and wondering about the inconsistancies in his stories. i mean for drag radials to act the way he said they did... he wasted his money on them. i hooked at the 1/8th shifting from 2nd to 3rd and beyond on street tires. yet, drag radials didn't?

are we sure shane wasn't running on 8? for a v8 mach to hook on streets, but a v7 to break loose on drag radials... was he running nitrous / some form of power adder? :laugh:

I

Ichiduo

no not garbage... if you know anything about cars or tires you would know that a brand new set of DR's don't hook there best till you get a couple heat cycles through them and wear them down some... he's DR's garbage... he ran faster then you with 7 cylinders, no rear seat, drag radials at 13lbs, no passenger seat, disconnected front sway bar, and a cold air exhaust vrs your tune, mid pipe, connected front sway bar, street tires at 20lbs, full interior, and catback.

but i guess your auto can still run as fast as a 5 speed right??

oh and you didnt run 13.5 with a dead cylinder and knock sensors pulling timing... NO ****ING WAY!

you have no idea when your car started do that

bolded = fixed

whelp it did... from the first day i got my mach, i knew it wasn't running right. i finally found out how bad when i took it to nate. now it's running good, but i can't get traction. :laugh:

either way, shane ran what 13.5's on his setup and i ran what i ran 13.5's on mine. we're both in the 13.5 club... our dispute will have to wait until another track day. :laugh:

p.s.

about the red, me and justin were telling shane about that when we got done with his mach like a week ago. he was practicing launching and we told him he has to beat up the tires some / break them in if he wants them to hook at the track. shane's also been driving around on them... dunno if he got crazy with them while daily driving his mach, but he was informed it'd perform better if he broke them in before going to the track. :)

I

Ichiduo

alright here's my mach's first dyno sheet:

f39aa680.jpg

if you can't tell by that curve something's wrong with my motor. i paid for three pulls, but nate only did two cause of the bad pinging / misfire. this was done 12/6/08...

this is my time slip from 3/1/09:

img007.jpg

i think it's safe to assume that my car was still misfiring / pinging on 3/1/09 when i ran down the track as i had done NOTHING to it except change the oil and add fuel.

nate didn't know about the bad knock sensor until he tried tuning it, but i'm guessing that the problem was there before too.

the previous owner of my mach used it as a daily and treated it like one. i got the glitter in my trunk to prove it. even had yu gi oh cards, a note to see the teacher, and candy wrappers stuck in between seats. :laugh:

of course i use my mach as a daily too, but take WAY better care of it than the previous owner. :eek:

fangs99

i only said that you guys should swap cars so that NOBODY can use there car's setup as a crutch.

fangs99

Jay bud, I'm not trying to knock on your 13.5 pass but it doesn't really hold any weight...... the only way for the 2 of you to get a FAIR comparison of your and Shane's cars is to run them at the same day same track at about the same time and in the same lane. meaning that ya'll should make a pass one right after the other.

fangs99

you ran 13.5 with drag radials, disconnected sway bar, no back seat, no passenger seat, with cool down time in between runs.

i ran 13.5 in an automatic, misfiring (pretty sure nate said complete misfire), timing being pulled (bad knock sensor), street tires (3 year old reiken raptors from my v6... UGH!) at 35psi, full interior, hot lapping, and sway bar connected.

and now you wanna race a race quad vs. a minor bolt on mach. :nonono:

when you came to the track firday, you said you told everyone you were gonna gut your mach. everyone except me. wonder why? maybe you knew i woulda done the same thing? :p

i'm happy you ran a 13.5 your first time at the track in your mach. i did the same thing first time at the track in my mach also. :laugh: differences are what i stated.

also now you're spinning all the way through first? your dad told me when you left you slightly chirped and then hooked. i even remember something about looking over the christmas tree after doing a burnout / launching. broke loose at the 1/8th? funny, that night i had none of that. who was running street tires again? :confused: i just wanna make sure. for DRAG RADIALS to:

i think you need to get your money back. you're running the same way me and charlie 2 ran on our STREET TIRES. so i guess all the money you spent on those toyo proxies was garbage, huh? :p

i know all the money i spent getting my mach to run right is garbage until i get traction. :nonono:

now i remember a time when you would call this a SHANE EXCUSE-O-METER
post.

I

Ichiduo

Jay bud, I'm not trying to knock on your 13.5 pass but it doesn't really hold any weight...... the only way for the 2 of you to get a FAIR comparison of your and Shane's cars is to run them at the same day same track at about the same time and in the same lane. meaning that ya'll should make a pass one right after the other.

yup, i agree. :)

same or as close to the same setup as possible. meaning we can't have a gutted mach, disconnected sway bar, et vs. mach set up to pick up 3 friends and get groceries. we are pretty close to the same setup though, i just need drag radials and shane needs to get firing on all 8. :p

i'm saying this though, if shane was firing on 8 last friday, i think he'd have been 13.1 or possibly break 12's. as i've been saying, he did a helluva job for that night and his setup... and it was his first time ever at that track with his mach. again, awesome job shane. :)

fangs99

oh and by looking at shane's fastest pass......his time slip shows that he only got a 2.1 60 ft and your getting 2.0's??????

I

Ichiduo

oh and by looking at shane's fastest pass......his time slip shows that he only got a 2.1 60 ft and your getting 2.0's??????

it's my best pass... :)

my 60 foot made that run. if i had any top end that day, i prob. would've been 13.3 on that run. but my motor wouldn't pull, as my dyno graph shows... it just went bleh at a point. :(

p.s.

why does everyone accept shane's 13.5 run, but people are questioning mine?

shane knew about his probs, i found out about mine AFTER the fact. he ran his mach not really running it's best and so did i.

I

Ichiduo

now i remember a time when you would call this a SHANE EXCUSE-O-METER
post.

what excuse did i make? i first pointed out the differences between mine and shane's 13.5 runs, asked him why he wants to run his race quad vs. my mach, then asked why his story about how his drag radials were performing changed.

true, i inquired about why he never told me he was taking out his seats, but i still ran and ran a "meh" 13.75 launching at 1400...

an excuse woulda been if i said he ran faster than me cause of what he did, but i never said that.

shane did an awesome job running a 13.5 with his setup with it being his first time at that track in his mach. he'd be in the low 13's if he was on all 8.

p.s.

if it's about that traction part, it's true... all the money i spent on my car is garbage if i can't get traction. it's one of the most important mods and why i'm saving up for it. :)

I

Ichiduo

again, with all the bench racing:

SHANE YOU WERE AWESOME FRIDAY. FOR YOUR FIRST TIME OUT THERE AND ALL THE PROBS. YOU WERE HAVIN' WITH YOUR MACH, YOU DID A HELLUVA JOB.

both me and shane are in the "ran a 13.5" class, i'm happy with that. as fun as this:

"who's faster, shane's 5 speed or jay's auto?" rivalry is, i find it fitting both me and him ran 13.5's in different setups as no one can still say. all we know is both me and him ran 13.5's. :)

we're both going different directions as his mach will be a dd and i'm building mine up... so the question once asked may not really be answered, and if it ends up that way, i'm perfectly fine with it. :)

Foxman

no one is question your 13.5 pass.. but as of that test and tune... you were looking at his tail lights... all that talk about him always being behind you.. not that test and tune

SIC FIDDY

All BS aside.......I didnt know that a 13.5 1/4 mile pass was even something to brag about???? The real winner will be the guy who goes out next time and IMPROVES on his current best, myself, Charlie Zim and Dustin included. And for the record I ran better than all you guys with more power and less weight:rofl: