• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Gt500

orange395w

OG MEMBER
Staff member
Jason said:
GT500 is an overpriced piece of **** for someone who doesn't know how to supercharge their own car...my 4.6L 3V is making well more then a stock GT500 and it is customized exactly how I wanted it...in my opinion you should only get props if you choose the parts and are involved in the making of the power...

Did you race phil? By the way I saw your car on friday and it looks badaska, but what's up with those 9's?

blackstallion06

Everrett Wa. Soon to be St. Louis MO.
Donator
Andy your right I was thinking 5.8 351. The gears as well guys I thought they came with 3:73. I should have done my homework before posting on t WickedStangs forum to tell my fellow mustang buddies about a great time I had at a local track running against the GT500 or challenger since my car is a beater and not worth talking about to anyone but ricers crowds

GT400SC

PM for Decals
Jason said:
GT500 is an overpriced piece of **** for someone who doesn't know how to supercharge their own car...my 4.6L 3V is making well more then a stock GT500 and it is customized exactly how I wanted it...in my opinion you should only get props if you choose the parts and are involved in the making of the power...

I like your way of thinking!

Jason

the 9s could go down a lot with some slicks....to much torque off the line and it has been awhile since I have been to the track. 1st gear was a waste. I started in 2nd for most my passes.

blackstallion06

Donator
Orange I never did race Jason we talked in the long ass lines. The guy in GT500 wanted to run me again for the 3rd time when I was talking to him. Jason you have a bad ass car bro! There was no traction at all that night. I tried doing a short burn out, melting them, no burn out ect. Tack was cold. I am intrested though Jason to see your car at barona on our Mustangs vs. Camaro day after everyone gets that taxlotto money for mods.

GT400SC

PM for Decals
Roushed2 said:
3:73 gears are an option for the GT500

I sell em'

.ost owners get them that way.

Which brings up a good point.

How many times have we heard Phil talking about "wheel spin" after his gear upgrade?

So, if this guy with the GT500 REALLY DOES have 3:73s, then he is going through the same learning curve Phil did. With statements saying this guy has only raced this car 4 times before (or may this was his 4th) we don't know if all those times were on his new gears or old or both. But if he's just starting to get used to his new gears and dealing with wheel spin like Phil had to learn, then the logical conclusion is that Phil (the driver) beat the other guy (as a driver) and this was less about the actual cars than we thought. I'd have to say, that in this particular round, PHIL out-performed the driver unfamiliar with his car and the new gears in it.

Jason

i think that was my 4th race....twice last year and twice this year...last time i went i blew up my clutch and had to get a new transmission and clutch...they have the fragments of the explosion on display at JBA....gotta say that TR6060 and SPEC clutch really made a huge difference...I haven't even seen 6th gear yet...

blackstallion06

Donator
I would like to race you I think it would be fun! I think I would get beat but sill would be fun. What S/C are you running again. I know you told me but I forgot. I think when I get off deployment I am going to go with paxton

blackstallion06

Donator
Jason that is right you where telling me about getting a clutch. I am going to go with your advice do you have a one piece driveshaft in your car too?

Jason

it was nice getting the trophy, but not sure how i got it with a 9.101...guess I got lucky :) I got that time and my last pass too. Thanks for stallions advice on feathering out of 1st...I did that and managed to keep the wheel spin down...

Jason

i was pretty stocked on my reaction times, all of them were under 1.0 except one where I just spun in place for 3 seconds...couldn't believe the car didn't move an inch...barley missed the best reaction time trophy...