• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

MMR ftw!!!

02gt

ok so i just sent my build plans and all the specs to jay at Camshaft inovations, he should be coming up with a set of custom ground cams for my heads, i told him that the car is a street strip car and would like to see the extra lift taken advatage of...

orange395w

OG MEMBER
Staff member
ok so i just sent my build plans and all the specs to jay at Camshaft inovations, he should be coming up with a set of custom ground cams for my heads, i told him that the car is a street strip car and would like to see the extra lift taken advatage of...

He'll probably chuckle to himself at that statement. Extra lift of what? It all depends on the flow of the heads and cam timing / valve events. He will hook it up don't worry. The guy knows his s*hit!

Mach1Marauder

FYI...........Ford Racing will release a new intake for the 2V.
I think it's a single plane with a 4150 top.
It will come in carb and injected versions. Expect first quarter release.
Put a Wilson elbow and a round Accubab TB and crank da boost!:rock::rock:

02gt

hhhmmm....i'll have to look in to that, but they'll probably want a arm and a leg for it....was considering porting my typhoon to match the trick flow heads....

Mach1Marauder

hhhmmm....i'll have to look in to that, but they'll probably want a arm and a leg for it....was considering porting my typhoon to match the trick flow heads....

You could easily do that with that manifold. How much space do you have between the bottom of the intake and the floor of the valley? I would look into having a spacer made to increase the volume of the plenum at the very bottom of that manifold. If you don't have room, you could have spacers made to raise the manifold........space between the manifold and heads.
I've always thought that manifold could use a little more volume in that plenum.

02gt

update
2 new additions that will be making their way on to the car

31x12x3 inch intercooler
Be1l6HgB2kKGrHqQOKi4EryyI6BK-3U6mWq.jpg

3" blow through maf
PMAS-30T.jpg

02gt

yeah a ton of guys on Moddedmustangs run that intercooler and have good results, one guy by the name of jivepepper is making 665 to the wheels with a 31x12x4 inch cx racing intercooler....good enough for me....

Black*Death

Nice! I had my engine rebuilt by MMR. Added all forged connecting rods/psitons, ported heads, bored the block over. Upgraded to race oil pump and improved head gasket,

I only run 6 pounds of boost...that will change... and have about 7k on it without issues.

Congrats but I would have got the 800 and added a blower later!

02gt

Ok here is the master list(im sure im missing something):
MMR 600 SB----done
head, timming cover, valve, gaskets---done
intercooler---done
blowthough maf----done
arp heads studs----done
03/04 Cobra fuel system----done
engine stand----done
Ford racing Oil pump---done
MMR 7qt oil pan----done
60 lb injectors----done

NOT DONE
TFS 2v Heads-----on order, will be here about mid JAN.
Cams: custom ground by Jay at camshaft inovations----on order
lower intake-----will be port matched to the heads by total performance
Vortech By pass valve----not ordered
2.62 blower pulley----not ordered
Kenne bell boost a pump----not ordered
header gaskets, water pump gasket----not ordered
oil/ assembly fluid----not ordered
cherry picker----will be barrowing one
a/c delete pulley----not ordered
fpdm----not ordered

I have picked out most of the parts that i want but if anyone might know of a place that sells stuff dirt cheap let me know, im on the look out for a set of used 60 lb injectors as well...i hope to have every thing here by next month so i can start the build asap....

02gt

Nice! I had my engine rebuilt by MMR. Added all forged connecting rods/psitons, ported heads, bored the block over. Upgraded to race oil pump and improved head gasket,

I only run 6 pounds of boost...that will change... and have about 7k on it without issues.

Congrats but I would have got the 800 and added a blower later!

yeah, i got the 600 cause it was discounted so i added the manley h beams to give some balls, they gave me a good deal on the whole package so overall im happy i'm hoping to see close to 600 HP but who knows well see when i get there

02gt

im considering switching to Mac long tubes for my exhaust, will make more power then what i have now and it will be done while i have the engine out....any nay sayers on MAC????