• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

MMR ftw!!!

Mach1Marauder

im considering switching to Mac long tubes for my exhaust, will make more power then what i have now and it will be done while i have the engine out....any nay sayers on MAC????

Mac=cheap

Why go cheap? Especially with the heads you're getting. Mac generally don't fit that well and on the 4V, you have to remove one or both to remove the tranny when you have to work on the tranny or clutch.
Stainles Works or Kooks are the two headers I sell the most and Kooks is what I personally have used on my last 4 builds.

02gt

its a happy medium from what i heard, i agree that kooks are good but way too exspensive, maybe ill stick with the shorties

Mach1Marauder

its a happy medium from what i heard, i agree that kooks are good but way too exspensive, maybe ill stick with the shorties

If you stick with the shorties, you'll avoid the problems when removing your trans.
ALWAYS use stock ford exhaust gaskets!:rock:

atlblue98gt

Greer, SC
ive got bbk shorties. I love them. Still easy to change clutches. Long tubes make it harder for that. But just some extra turning while holding the tranny up and it'll come out. BBK long tubes or basani are good ive heard.

Mach1Marauder

Question: Since you're making all these mods to your car and given where you live, are you gonna drive this legally on the street or is this a track only car?

Mach1Marauder

ive got bbk shorties. I love them. Still easy to change clutches. Long tubes make it harder for that. But just some extra turning while holding the tranny up and it'll come out. BBK long tubes or basani are good ive heard.

Neither ones are worth a damn when it comes time to remove the tranny..........take my word on it!

02gt

Question: Since you're making all these mods to your car and given where you live, are you gonna drive this legally on the street or is this a track only car?

well....it's going to be a street legal car but i'm going to change my plates to WI next summer before my registration....

Ford1288

Donator
BBK headers are cheap IMO. Mine had leaks in multiple places. Think the shorties will keep you happy for the power you want to make.

02gt

intercooler is here, i ordered it only a couple of days ago...wow fast shipping by cx racing
102_1211.jpg

102_1214.jpg

102_1213.jpg

02gt

Ok, i just finally got ahold of Jay for Camshaft innovations and basicly it was a pain to do so, i asked him about the cams and told me that i haven't sent him anything which he was waiting me to pay pal him and i didnt know what he wanted in the first place, so just a slight mix up, anyways he has the cam design for me but once again i changed my mind for my final build and i told him that i was swapping to a 4r70w and he basicly said that the cam profile will need to be redesigned for the auto tranny....well see what happens in the comming weeks

spdpilot

Just read the whole thread. Wow 02GT, this has been a evolving build for you.

Autotranny is the way to go for sure. Thing is going to be rocket.

Mac headers are fine. They are middle ground as far a quality goes, but I have used them on a couple cars and they do very well. Like someone else said, use the Ford Gaskets, trust me they work best.

I would still stick with the Meth Inj. The octane boost alone will make a huge difference and they can still lower temps 20 deg's, even with the best of IC's.

Who you going to have dyno tune it for you? With this setup, I would highly recommend Swanson's do it. You have a big mix of parts and a ton of money into it. He isn't cheap and he is a pain the ass, but he is good. If it were just any other average build, I would say do it yourself or Dante. But yours is going to be a tough one.

02gt

Just read the whole thread. Wow 02GT, this has been a evolving build for you.

Autotranny is the way to go for sure. Thing is going to be rocket.

Mac headers are fine. They are middle ground as far a quality goes, but I have used them on a couple cars and they do very well. Like someone else said, use the Ford Gaskets, trust me they work best.

I would still stick with the Meth Inj. The octane boost alone will make a huge difference and they can still lower temps 20 deg's, even with the best of IC's.

Who you going to have dyno tune it for you? With this setup, I would highly recommend Swanson's do it. You have a big mix of parts and a ton of money into it. He isn't cheap and he is a pain the ass, but he is good. If it were just any other average build, I would say do it yourself or Dante. But yours is going to be a tough one.
Im most likely will go to ST motorsports or RET again, i heard that Swanson is good but the dude that tunes is a douche so i haven't really considered them but im open to sugestions, i'm having a hell of a time trying to find a 4r70w trans but in due time this thing will come together

02gt

yeah ihave been meaning to go down there, just been busy this week painting the house...