• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Mustangs vs. the World II (Recap)

Status
Not open for further replies.

wickedstangs

Chula Vista, CA
Staff member
Administrator
Mustang vs. the World II (RECAP)

Alright, I understand lots of people were tired and frustrated, and some were even getting over a hangover. I need to say, what I have to say, and I hope not to offend anyone. That is not my intention...

This event had some major flaws. They were corrected fairly quickly but, really pissed off the racers and the Barona Track Officials. Some of you did not get to witness or may not have been aware of some of the A S S chewing that Tom and I received, and I will take that one as my fault. Sorry, Tom (PapaTom). Some of you may not care but, this is really getting to me because I care.

If, and I mean if, we are allowed to ever have another event at Barona again, I will not be racing and will be helping coordinate everything the day of the event. I will be the central point of contact for our Volunteers to answer all questions and provide guidance.... I am really sorry that I was not there to guide more of our Volunteers, and I realize they were only doing what they were told from many different aspects. Instead of being told from one source and getting many different inputs some wrong and some right.

Here are some of the issues/problems that accord:
After the Racers meeting, a line of registered applicants came to the Registration Booth. The Volunteers were only doing what they were told and what resources they had. They did not have all the proper information to answer some of the more technical questions about the classes.

All,
Last night Lines 5 and 6 were for Wicked Stangs Events only.

Lines 6 was made for the True Street Cars and Lines 5 was for the Open Comp some of this info also did not get passed down to the Volunteers. As, they were telling the racers different.

Next, all please pay attention to what is going on at the event. I understand a lot of you all want to also watch the event. That just doesn’t happen. Either you race or you go and be a spectator. There was an issue were traffic was backed up and some of you were not in your cars. So Don the owners had to go and police the traffic jams and sent cars all over the place. This really messed up the rotation and placement of the class you were supposed to be in. That is when the Volunteers came around and tried to correct the issues and it was really messing things up on the Racer's Box and delayed alot of Racing.

Danny (Subzero) sorry if I came across rudely that was not may intention just was wanting this to go without issues.

Now please use this Thread for Positive and Negative Feedback so that we can strive to make it better.. Yes this is only our 2nd time doing it. But, now the next one we will not have issues and should be considered experts. :beer:

Things I feel we need to start working on and soon is more on the advertising and sponsorship of trophies and such.

Lordgufi

IMHO, things were fine up untill we had the traffic backed up and thats when the guy who was tossing the racers to the lanes got confused with us. which was understandable. We honestly needed 3 lanes. and this was with over half the Comp personel not even returning.

I believe that it wouldn't have mattered what lane they were in for comp or street due to the fact that it was all based on time slips any way.

EX: true street: 3 runs Reguardless of who they raced
EX: comp: Know the pair up before hand. once all people have raced you go by dial in vs actual run. winner is by the difference of time between dial vs run. its more admin hefty but in the long run for staging it would have saved us a hell of a deal. This would have been easier on us basically due to the fact that technically we were holding two events in one

LaughingGT

i had a good time everything seemed to be running smoth. i do think more advertising of the events would have helped to get more cars out. but overall i w was realy happy with the event

ears

i know its half ontopic and half off topic,,,, but only being there on friday i saw that things were a bit rough at small points but everything else seemed great!! so that being said, sat, seemed to go welll.... not as smoothly!!!! but id like to say,,,, i had a blast, and id love to do it again!!! reguardless of it being a huge deal or not!! we cant let one jacked up day bar us from hosting events, right!! i mean its not like we do something like that every day,, so the more we do it the better and more smoothly things will go!! learn from the mistakes and move on!!! i couldnt even imagine not being able to go to the track with the club like that because of one flawed day!!!! but any way like i said!! that was the most fun that ive had in a very long time!!!! and its not just because of all the booze, which god knows i was regretting in the morning~~~~

ears

oh and speaking of which,,,, thanks again laughing gt for the generosity, next event i buy!!!

StarAngel

I believe that a meeting possibly the day before would have gotten all of us better knowledge at to our "positions". It was the first time I ever helped out and was not familiar at all about terms and setting up, I did learn a lot from Alyshia (sorry if I misspelled) and Monica. I was being asked questions even after the event began. I would have been more comfortable having more info. I am hoping that we didn't embarass ourselves and will be invited back.

HisPony

Wondering where I am!?!?
Having not been there I will only comment on the drivers not being in their cars.

DQ them!

This what happens at any NHRA event when the staging lanes start moving and the driver is nowhere to be seen

Put this out at the drivers meeting before the race. There is no excuse for a driver not being with his/her vehicle.

0ne_sik_notch

Having not been there I will only comment on the drivers not being in their cars.

DQ them!

This what happens at any NHRA event when the staging lanes start moving and the driver is nowhere to be seen

Put this out at the drivers meeting before the race. There is no excuse for a driver not being with his/her vehicle.

+++1
i also was not there to see what happend. that is the only comment i have

smashedheadcat

Absolutely! I wasn't there either, but it is the driver's responsibility to be with their car (or in the area). Like was mentioned, if the lanes start moving and you're blocking traffic, you are DQ'd. Thanks for your entry fee, have a nice day, buy-backs can be purchased at the base of the tower. ;)

fastsleeper

Why ya treat me like that?
Mustang vs. the World II (RECAP)

Alright, I understand lots of people were tired and frustrated, and some were even getting over a hangover. I need to say, what I have to say, and I hope not to offend anyone. That is not my intention...

This event had some major flaws. They were corrected fairly quickly but, really pissed off the racers and the Barona Track Officials. Some of you did not get to witness or may not have been aware of some of the A S S chewing that Tom and I received, and I will take that one as my fault. Sorry, Tom (PapaTom). Some of you may not care but, this is really getting to me because I care.

If, and I mean if, we are allowed to ever have another event at Barona again, I will not be racing and will be helping coordinate everything the day of the event. I will be the central point of contact for our Volunteers to answer all questions and provide guidance.... I am really sorry that I was not there to guide more of our Volunteers, and I realize they were only doing what they were told from many different aspects. Instead of being told from one source and getting many different inputs some wrong and some right.

Here are some of the issues/problems that accord:
After the Racers meeting, a line of registered applicants came to the Registration Booth. The Volunteers were only doing what they were told and what resources they had. They did not have all the proper information to answer some of the more technical questions about the classes.

All,
Last night Lines 5 and 6 were for Wicked Stangs Events only.

Lines 6 was made for the True Street Cars and Lines 5 was for the Open Comp some of this info also did not get passed down to the Volunteers. As, they were telling the racers different.

Next, all please pay attention to what is going on at the event. I understand a lot of you all want to also watch the event. That just doesn’t happen. Either you race or you go and be a spectator. There was an issue were traffic was backed up and some of you were not in your cars. So Don the owners had to go and police the traffic jams and sent cars all over the place. This really messed up the rotation and placement of the class you were supposed to be in. That is when the Volunteers came around and tried to correct the issues and it was really messing things up on the Racer's Box and delayed alot of Racing.

Danny (Subzero) sorry if I came across rudely that was not may intention just was wanting this to go without issues.

Now please use this Thread for Positive and Negative Feedback so that we can strive to make it better.. Yes this is only our 2nd time doing it. But, now the next one we will not have issues and should be considered experts. :beer:

Things I feel we need to start working on and soon is more on the advertising and sponsorship of trophies and such.

I just got home but I will comment momentarily, for what it is worth anyway. I wasn't there. brb

Gibs

Staff member
Global Moderator
I should have tried harder to get there and help. I apologize.

Gib

Z0 What?

Howdy y'all, I was the guy in true street drivin the old black Fairlane.

First, yes I was tired, frustrated and bored overall by the event...BUT!
In the end as far as I could tell, it worked out, its good y'all are havin this thread to discuss but also just remember this was your first event here (I think) and there are always gonna be lots of querks to work out.

I've participated in many club events like these and seen the same thing happen to every single club. So don't get mad at anyone or yourselves and just take this as a learning experience for next time!

Just my .02

HisPony

Wondering where I am!?!?
Prez,

I put this in the chatbox but it got buried.

The hardest part about putting on a race is that the racers are the ones who know how to run it. Only problem is that they want to race, not run it.

Talk with Barona and explain to them you had some key people missing from the first one and we can figure it out from there. Please tell them you are doing a lessons learned so the next one goes off much smoother.

I also suggest that you "prestage" the classes in the pits and then send them to the staging lanes. This avoids any confusion once the cars are in the staging lanes. When they are there, it is very hard to match them up.

yosemiddysam

Donator
Well I was not there so I did not see first hand what had happened but judging by the last one I would say that if the club is going to put on an event like this then it should be ONLY the CLUB racing. It is too hard to manage us and then them. Plus it gets very boring setting around for an hour in between runs. How many people did we have racing? How man spectators did we bring? If this number is high enough to warrant a Wicked Stangs only night then I would not even consider doing another event until they give us our own day!!!!! That is just my .02.....take it for what it is!!!!

HisPony

Wondering where I am!?!?
Well I was not there so I did not see first hand what had happened but judging by the last one I would say that if the club is going to put on an event like this then it should be ONLY the CLUB racing. It is too hard to manage us and then them. Plus it gets very boring setting around for an hour in between runs. How many people did we have racing? How man spectators did we bring? If this number is high enough to warrant a Wicked Stangs only night then I would not even consider doing another event until they give us our own day!!!!! That is just my .02.....take it for what it is!!!!

I partially agree with the above.

Only reason is we need to prove we can run a race flawlessly before they will headline WS.

I think we get WS up there and do a "dry run" as if we were setting up an Event. Work all of the bugs out and have the people who are going to run it be able to get a feeling of the track personnel.

My above suggestion is going to take people wanting to be willing to play guinea pig with their own money while we test out how to run a race.

wickedstangs

Chula Vista, CA
Staff member
Administrator
Funny thing guys is this event is Mustangs vs the World and out of 37 racers 32 were mustangs :( As far as how many spectator showed up.. That is still a mystery..:) Lets just say there were more spectator there than any other event I have every been too.. I want to say there were more than the last Arm's Drop both sides of the track were full.. Don't know if it was for the Funny cars or Wicked Stangs Event.. Time will only tell....

Gibs

Staff member
Global Moderator
Emilio, I tried to get the info out on as many non Mustang forums as possible, but it is a full time job to go back to the forums and such. Anyway, I think for next time, we need to get a few people and assign certain forums for them, that way, they can push the event there and not be overwhelmed, or forget access to them or whatever.

There is alot of crap being talked about Mustangs on other forums under their street encounters areas......but when they are challenged to come whoop up on the stangs, they never show up. What can be done about it...... Start advertising it at racelegal, craigslist, and even on radio....as it was this time.

Gib

Gibs

Staff member
Global Moderator
^^^^ That would be a cluster......too many people there to organize it well. the kids would not want to wait to run in the right class and stuff......I might be wrong....

There are more people there that will probably join in though.

Gib

Status
Not open for further replies.