• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Mustangs vs. the World II (Recap)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HisPony

Wondering where I am!?!?
All next time the volunteers will be at the booth taking registration and inputing them in the computer and a cashier with change.

2 people in the Return Lane with radio's to contact the Racer Booth and find out who won in the bracket racing. Maybe a table and names and paper so they can keep track aswell.

Volunteers in the Staging Lanes making sure no one is leaving there cars unattended and no tracffic Jams.

Shirts for the event are completed and professional done.

More contact of the Northern folks cause San Diego peeps are scared to run what they brung...

We will have a runner to run to different locations incase stuff is not heard on the radios...

Trust me the next event will go without issues.. I am going to make sure of it...

Dry run in your parking complex.

Let Club members walk up and ask "Dumb" questions to your volunteers.

Have people walking around interupt, try to cut in line.

Have a "mock" staging area, using people, that get's all screwed up.

Volunteers will think this is a joke untill it happens with real cars.

This is how you put on a good RACE!!!

Ford1288

Donator
Who wants to keep doing all these different classes and competitions? If no one else shows up to race, its pointless (to me) to just compete each other. Especially having to worry about staging up for all the brackets and stuff. If no one shows up next time lets just line up,race, and have fun. Dont need all this craziness going on in my opinion.

fastsleeper

Why ya treat me like that?
No, this was put together by us. This has been in preparation since May and have been posted on here since then, too. We have asked for help and for volunteers since the beginning. But only a few have responded to help with putting it together.

Apology to you , Sdsubzero4. In the future I will make a point of scheduling time in my day to review allllllll of the notices, requests, and information regarding exactly what help is needed and what the volunteers would be required to do. Thank you for setting me straight.

spdpilot

Who wants to keep doing all these different classes and competitions? If no one else shows up to race, its pointless (to me) to just compete each other. Especially having to worry about staging up for all the brackets and stuff. If no one shows up next time lets just line up,race, and have fun. Dont need all this craziness going on in my opinion.

A very valid question, which is why more members should posting in here what they think.

I know what I want to hear. That we would do it. But the reality is, it takes the club as a whole and you make up that club and your opinion counts.

spdpilot

Issue:

Racers know how to run a RACE, which ones are willing to run it and not RACE?

This is the key. This is the difference between going racing and being the ones putting on the EVENT.

I would be willing to sit out the race to help, if I thought it was worth the effort. To be completely honest, I saw this last event heading this way and decided to step out of the line of fire and just enjoy the event.

spdpilot

We can't have attendance like we did this last time. The whole idea, the way I understood it was to get all the trash talking GM and Import guys to come out an race Mustangs. Attendance was crap!! Despite the radio announcements, flyers, word of mouth, and numerous forum posts. In the end, it won't improve as long as it is held at Barona. We need to get the LA and Orange County people to attend.

Barona gave us some great suggestions on getting people to come out, but no one in WS listened. And even still, Barona is not the place to have it in my opinion. It will be poor attendance at best every time.

So if thats the case, should we just have a general club event where we all go racing? Because otherwise, right now, we are the butt of a lot of jokes. If we are going to do it, lets go big and do it right.

The very first things we need is a major sponsor. Someone that is big name and into racing. I suggest contacting Jegs or Summit. I am not talking about some little mom and pops mustang shop.

HisPony

Wondering where I am!?!?
Issue:

I want to help, so does Gibs and Hers.

We all have experience from Number 1, tell us when you want to run another RACE and let us make sure we can be there by checking our schedules.

If one or two racers can't be there, I am sorry, a RACE going off smooth is better than a RACE being done without the experienced people there.

I will never race Barona or Racelegal because of personal reasons. I will help set up a RACE at either if asked. Paul offered people from JR Drag Racing that had set up theirs, did anyone ask for their help?

There is so much talent that has not been tapped into as far as putting on an RACE!!

I Cap'd RACE for a reason, this is not a Car Show! This is cars on the track.

Let's get a good show at Barona and then think about moving north to a 1/4 mile.

I said this after the first one and I will say it again!!!

It is the drivers responsibility to be with the car! Keep the cars in the pits, have them called to the staging lanes 30 minutes prior to running. Radios in the pits/tower and the TOWER announcing cures this. They have loud speakers in the pit area.

Did the Funny Cars sit in the staging lanes for an hour waiting to run? I bet not!!

This is not hard people!! It takes talking to the drivers and the track to get this right.

EDIT

We got the Prez saying its his fault, Gibs saying he should have been there, my ego got into my face, I bailed for awhile and offered no input.

We as WS need to figure out who is going to RACE and who is going to run it. Racers know how to run a RACE, which ones are willing to run it and not RACE?

I need to elaborate on my above statement.

I meant no disrespect to the volunteers at the last RACE!! They worked with the tools they had.

As I have stated, I was not there. All of my suggestions are from reading what has been posted here.

KillerBee

We can't have attendance like we did this last time. The whole idea, the way I understood it was to get all the trash talking GM and Import guys to come out an race Mustangs. Attendance was crap!! Despite the radio announcements, flyers, word of mouth, and numerous forum posts. In the end, it won't improve as long as it is held at Barona. We need to get the LA and Orange County people to attend.

Barona gave us some great suggestions on getting people to come out, but no one in WS listened. And even still, Barona is not the place to have it in my opinion. It will be poor attendance at best every time.

So if thats the case, should we just have a general club event where we all go racing? Because otherwise, right now, we are the butt of a lot of jokes. If we are going to do it, lets go big and do it right.

The very first things we need is a major sponsor. Someone that is big name and into racing. I suggest contacting Jegs or Summit. I am not talking about some little mom and pops mustang shop.
what is so special about the peopel from L.A.?

spdpilot

So no other comments?? Guess this thread will die out and when the next race happens, we will have another thread just like it.

sdsubzero4

Spring Valley, CA
There will always be someone that needs to add some kind of smartass remarks.

But there's a lot to consume and I really believe we need to give it some time to digest and give ourself a moment and take a breath before trying to plan out our next racing event.

orange395w

OG MEMBER
Staff member
Well, Ive been watching this thread and all the while asking myself what was the reason for Mustangs vs The World in the first place? Well The answer is.....The idea was to get us some competition other than ourselves (Wickedstangs) out there to race.

In my opinion MvsWII was a flop as far as that goes. I don't think that will change as long as we do it at Barona. We aren't going to get the LA crowd to come all this way for an 1/8 mile. Not going to happen. Rice rockets don't want to go all the way there just to get spanked when they can do it @ the Q which is right in their back yard.

I think the harsh reality of it is we aren't going to get much more of a crowd than we had @ MvsWII. True Street was rather boring and confused a ton of people. The staggered tree looked fun, but if that's the case than we should all just run gambler grudge @ barona and wouldn't have to worry about coordinating anything.

The whole purpose of the formation of the event was to have fun. What I noticed is that these events have taken the fun out of racing for us.

I say we just go out as a club next time and have some fun!!!

wickedstangs

Chula Vista, CA
Staff member
Administrator
I don't feel the event was a flop, and many of us had a great time. We tried to work the event and race at the same time, which we learned can't continue to happen. There clearly needs to be a "manager" overseeing the coordination of events. Also, we need to promote the event for a longer period of time to allow people to plan and prepare. 3-4 months really is not that long of a time period. It needs to be broadcasted amongst many different radio stations, plus maybe trying to get it on a local news broadcast. Also, if we continue to have it at Barona, I think having an morning event may draw more competitors, since many are detered by the drive.

Our goal is 2 fold ~
(1)promote more drag racing events in San Diego county
(2) help with the efforts to minimize/eliminate illegal street racing.

Yes, we know Race Legal is already heading this effort, but we as a Car Club have made this one of our "causes" and hosting and organizing these types of events is our way to contribute to this effort and to the community.

HisPony

Wondering where I am!?!?
I don't feel the event was a flop, and many of us had a great time. We tried to work the event and race at the same time, which we learned can't continue to happen. There clearly needs to be a "manager" overseeing the coordination of events. Also, we need to promote the event for a longer period of time to allow people to plan and prepare. 3-4 months really is not that long of a time period. It needs to be broadcasted amongst many different radio stations, plus maybe trying to get it on a local news broadcast. Also, if we continue to have it at Barona, I think having an morning event may draw more competitors, since many are detered by the drive.

Our goal is 2 fold ~
(1)promote more drag racing events in San Diego county
(2) help with the efforts to minimize/eliminate illegal street racing.

Yes, we know Race Legal is already heading this effort, but we as a Car Club have made this one of our "causes" and hosting and organizing these types of events is our way to contribute to this effort and to the community.

Give me a f'n break Emilio!

You want to minimize/eliminate Street Raceing yet this site still has a "Street Encounters" forum for Street Kills.

You either go one one or the other, thers is no in between!!

I am a member of B.R.A.K.E.S. look it up

Status
Not open for further replies.