• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Mustangs vs. the World II (Recap)

Status
Not open for further replies.

yosemiddysam

Donator
Why are we so concerned with attendance. The money is made by the racers anyways. It is not our fault the ricers know they will get beat and wont show. It is also not our fault noone wants their prized Chevy being you tubed getting their butts handed to them. Maybe we have made too good of a name for ourselves and everyone knows not to come or they will get beat......... And no I am not saying my car can beat them all. I am just saying. We didnt have too many people come to race our MUSTANGS the last time either and the ones that did cried cause we cheated when they lost!!!!!!! Maybe it should be titled something different is the point I wanna make. How about race for the cash presented by Wicked Stangs and Barona Raceway. No sense on wasting money on trophies....just use all available money towards pay out!!!!!!!

spdpilot

Well, Ive been watching this thread and all the while asking myself what was the reason for Mustangs vs The World in the first place? Well The answer is.....The idea was to get us some competition other than ourselves (Wickedstangs) out there to race.

In my opinion MvsWII was a flop as far as that goes. I don't think that will change as long as we do it at Barona. We aren't going to get the LA crowd to come all this way for an 1/8 mile. Not going to happen. Rice rockets don't want to go all the way there just to get spanked when they can do it @ the Q which is right in their back yard.

I think the harsh reality of it is we aren't going to get much more of a crowd than we had @ MvsWII. True Street was rather boring and confused a ton of people. The staggered tree looked fun, but if that's the case than we should all just run gambler grudge @ barona and wouldn't have to worry about coordinating anything.

The whole purpose of the formation of the event was to have fun. What I noticed is that these events have taken the fun out of racing for us.

I say we just go out as a club next time and have some fun!!!

Wow....Good Post! Very well put

I can't think of much to comment on??? Thats not normal for me..LOL

I thought it was fun, but flustrating watching the club struggle with putting on the event. It was pretty cool hearing the radio commercials.

spdpilot

I don't feel the event was a flop, and many of us had a great time. We tried to work the event and race at the same time, which we learned can't continue to happen. There clearly needs to be a "manager" overseeing the coordination of events. Also, we need to promote the event for a longer period of time to allow people to plan and prepare. 3-4 months really is not that long of a time period. It needs to be broadcasted amongst many different radio stations, plus maybe trying to get it on a local news broadcast. Also, if we continue to have it at Barona, I think having an morning event may draw more competitors, since many are detered by the drive.

Our goal is 2 fold ~
(1)promote more drag racing events in San Diego county
(2) help with the efforts to minimize/eliminate illegal street racing.

Yes, we know Race Legal is already heading this effort, but we as a Car Club have made this one of our "causes" and hosting and organizing these types of events is our way to contribute to this effort and to the community.

Those are great goals. I was thinking something else. More along the lines of what Orange said. Then the race did a great job of those goals. Except, most people who signed up were already there racing.

My suggestion is we add:

3) promote the club name and expand membership
4) to help expand club involvement and knowledge of drag racing
5) to bring in extra money for the club
6) to promote other brand/club competition in a safe environment

Maybe we should also consider a name change for the event. Something along the lines of ..... WickedStangs - Street Racer Challenge

Then perhaps we could even expand it beyond just one Drag Race to a Road Race Event or Timed Slalom Event to be added for an overall winner. Even a Car Show Event. The more area's you hit, the better the word will get out. Kind of like All Ford Weekend has several things going on.

HisPony

Wondering where I am!?!?
Mustang vs. the World II (RECAP)

Alright, I understand lots of people were tired and frustrated, and some were even getting over a hangover. I need to say, what I have to say, and I hope not to offend anyone. That is not my intention...

This event had some major flaws. They were corrected fairly quickly but, really pissed off the racers and the Barona Track Officials. Some of you did not get to witness or may not have been aware of some of the A S S chewing that Tom and I received, and I will take that one as my fault. Sorry, Tom (PapaTom). Some of you may not care but, this is really getting to me because I care.

If, and I mean if, we are allowed to ever have another event at Barona again, I will not be racing and will be helping coordinate everything the day of the event. I will be the central point of contact for our Volunteers to answer all questions and provide guidance.... I am really sorry that I was not there to guide more of our Volunteers, and I realize they were only doing what they were told from many different aspects. Instead of being told from one source and getting many different inputs some wrong and some right.

Here are some of the issues/problems that accord:
After the Racers meeting, a line of registered applicants came to the Registration Booth. The Volunteers were only doing what they were told and what resources they had. They did not have all the proper information to answer some of the more technical questions about the classes.

All,
Last night Lines 5 and 6 were for Wicked Stangs Events only.

Lines 6 was made for the True Street Cars and Lines 5 was for the Open Comp some of this info also did not get passed down to the Volunteers. As, they were telling the racers different.

Next, all please pay attention to what is going on at the event. I understand a lot of you all want to also watch the event. That just doesn’t happen. Either you race or you go and be a spectator. There was an issue were traffic was backed up and some of you were not in your cars. So Don the owners had to go and police the traffic jams and sent cars all over the place. This really messed up the rotation and placement of the class you were supposed to be in. That is when the Volunteers came around and tried to correct the issues and it was really messing things up on the Racer's Box and delayed alot of Racing.

Danny (Subzero) sorry if I came across rudely that was not may intention just was wanting this to go without issues.

Now please use this Thread for Positive and Negative Feedback so that we can strive to make it better.. Yes this is only our 2nd time doing it. But, now the next one we will not have issues and should be considered experts. :beer:

Things I feel we need to start working on and soon is more on the advertising and sponsorship of trophies and such.

Interesting on the Bold Type, why are you holding a trophy?

Status
Not open for further replies.