• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

MUSTANGS vs THE WORLD PART 1 25 JAN 2009

spdpilot

Legal drag racing is alive and well in San Diego, California. WickedStangs Mustang Club sponsored a street car racing event at Barona Speedway 1/8th mile and the competition was fierce. Cars from all across Southern California rolled into the speedway seeking bragging rights to the first ever Mustang vs. The World bracket racing trophies. Club president, Emilio Valdez, stated, “Keeping racing off the streets and on the track is the main objective, however inspiring young drag racers and having fun is the club main objective”. Many clubs spend there time at the dyno shop and local car shows, but WickedStangs is all about getting cars down the asphalt.

Thats a great start to an article. You may want to do two articles, one full article and one press release with race results. The reference to the street racing is a great hook/interest for the media. They love printing high interest subjects. Oops...sorry the marketing guy in me is coming out again.

IgottaV8

Wickedstangs Road Racing Team
Staff member
Board Member
No, he has a good point, the more exposure the better.

spdpilot

Remember this is going to be a lesson learned. We are going to have hiccups we just need to make sure the next one is better and all the problems this time get fixed... I like to say Thanks to all that are helping out and coming out to this event..

Good point. Weather may be a factor in attendence as well, rain or not. There will be issues. I think your approach is very smart. You are also in part depending on Barona to make it enjoyable. All of this is still an unknown. Regardless, as long as there is racing, it will be fun.

Thank you and to all Wicked Stang members for doing this event for all of us Ford/Mustang guys out here. Much appreciated.

wikedcobra312

i cannot even make the event, i got denied leave. damn u uncle sam! u better give me an awesome tax return. sorry guys, on the flip side, they are changing my work schedule from sun-thurs, to mon-fri. so i will have the weekends off.

02gt

I should have thought of this a while ago, TO THOSE THAT ARE MILITARY, MAKE SURE YOU ASK FOR THE DISCOUNT WHEN YOU PAY AT THE BOOTH. THEY WILL NOT GO OUT OF THEIR WAY TO GIVE YOU A DISCOUNT IF YOU DONT ASK FOR IT. Im sure most of you guys know this but there maybe some of you that dont know this.

02gt

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6n_EYDPZNwg"]YouTube - Turbo 03 Cobra Wheelie[/ame]
i want see one of these tomorrow

Tommy

i want see one of these tomorrow

That's a bad car! I've seen it in Van Nuys CA before those X2C guys closed shop. They built some nice stuff....of thier own. They never got a solid customer base and now it's an import tuning shop.

orange395w

OG MEMBER
Staff member
That's a bad car! I've seen it in Van Nuys CA before those X2C guys closed shop. They built some nice stuff....of thier own. They never got a solid customer base and now it's an import tuning shop.

Damn that sucks. More ricer crap.

VP_07SRT8

Tell the cops nothing!
Staff member
Board Member
this is my Daily Driver if something breaks i dont have the money to fix it right now bro lol

VP_07SRT8

Tell the cops nothing!
Staff member
Board Member
lol ya i dont think they will let me race with where my harness is mounted. plus thats just it last 2 weeks i have even gone above 3k or 75 mph been babying it you will see it tomorrow with a for sale sign

02gt

these tech guys aren't as strict as the people at quallcom. I think you'll be alright.