• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

My POS...any ideas?

boostedmach

Yea, If i could find somone to swap the ECU in for a test.. Dante can transfer the info from on ECU to another so that my Key will work with the other ecu. Its gotta be from a mach tho, or atleast a DOHC car i would think.

boostedmach

Well looks like its getting towed to Dantes, Tried driving it there, but those 2 cylinders that where miss firing, stopped firing all together, I barley made it back to base. And I think its time for that ECU. Hope that fixes it.

Unless someone has an ECU we can swap in there to try it out see if it works.

-Boosted

yosemiddysam

Donator
Interested to see how this turns out. Doubt it is anything other than stupidity but that is just me!!!!!!!

boostedmach

a HAH!

My car has finally done something right, and is telling me whats wrong.

P0353 Ignition Coil C Primary/Secondary Circuit Malfunction

Just like I thought!....there is light at the end of this dark ass tunnel!

orange395w

OG MEMBER
Staff member
So I guess I was dreaming when I read this since you are not burning up coils.

Well, I found the problem... #6 Coil is burned up...got so hot it started to melt the epoxy it was encased in...smelt like an electrical fire

Also, on another note, I think im going to have to dig through my harness because I think I have an electrical problem leading to me screwing up my coils...we will see come Friday and Sat.....Im pretty sure I just screwed up some more coils!:nonono:

Response by YOU:
That turned out to be cylinder number 7, and it has not been an issue since i replaced the weaponX coil

Its does not appear to be burning coils, because the ones that are not sparking...spark in the other cylinders .:

JUST LIKE I THOUGHT!....there is light at the end of this dark ass tunnel! .:

WTF!?

boostedmach

So I guess I was dreaming when I read this since you are not burning up coils.

Response by YOU:

WTF!?

What are you trying to say? I have thought it was a bunch of stuff, thought i might have burned up a few coils....turns out thats NOT the case...this thread has been me trouble shooting possible things wrong. I have gone over the harness, so it might end up being cpu related. So I say WTF to you...thanks and stop posting in my thread if you got nothing nice to say :)

orange395w

OG MEMBER
Staff member
What are you trying to say? I have thought it was a bunch of stuff, thought i might have burned up a few coils....turns out thats NOT the case...this thread has been me trouble shooting possible things wrong. I have gone over the harness, so it might end up being cpu related. So I say WTF to you...thanks and stop posting in my thread if you got nothing nice to say :)

What I have to say is people have tried to help you, but you seem lost in the sauce! You have contradicted yourself like 3 F*cking times. I will leave your thread as you requested and I actually do hope you or someone else figures it out. When you figure out your electrical bs you may be addressing your fuel system next. Good luck.

boostedmach

What I have to say is people have tried to help you, but you seem lost in the sauce! You have contradicted yourself like 3 F*cking times. I will leave your thread as you requested and I actually do hope you or someone else figures it out. When you figure out your electrical bs you may be addressing your fuel system next. Good luck.

Thanks, and Like i said, This a Thread, with more than one post...taking place in more than one day. I have stated what I have thought was wrong, then trouble shooted, and stated what I have found. Updating the thread along the way. Re-Read the thread, and you will see. There is always things I can do to better any fuel system, this is a returnless fuel system, its should do the trick for my power level. I thank you for trying to help me and sorry for getting lost in the "sauce" when I do put down my numbers, i'll come to you for some traction issues, you seem to have some good times for the limited power you have.

-boosted

boostedmach

That the ecu is some how messed up?

Trouble shooted per the Ford Tech Instructions, Tested Resistance of every coils power/ground also checked power of every coil to chassis ground for short...yada yada yada...Nothing left but the ecu.

ears

i think im in the same boat!!!!!!

i know my coils are good,,, know the plugs and wires are good,,,, and iknow that i still have the pats trouble light,,,,, but supposedly dante turned off the pats kill switch!!

so now im down to the ecu!!

boostedmach

Well new ECU installed...Nothing.

Compression is good
Checked the harness with a Multi-Meter (Grounds, Resistance whole 9 yards)
Coils have been swapped (3 sets, 2oem 1 WeaponX)
New ECU, (rules out coil and injector drivers)
New Injectors (Rules out Old set cause this set does same thing)

Nothing on the datalogs correlate to the misfires on the dyno, nore the dyno graph power curve. Still getting the random P0353 (coil "C") along with random misfire on random cylinders.

Going to check Cam and Crank sensors.....Running out of ideas.

I wanna throw rocks at a white mach1.

-boosted

yosemiddysam

Donator
By stupidity I meant it is probably something stupid. Like the one sensor you didnt check. I broke one of my cam possition sensors when I rebuilt my 2 V and the thing would not start or if it did it ran like crap. The sensor looked fine but I guess cracked on the inside.

ears

its almost got to be!!!,, or maybe possibly somethin in the tune!!

ya know whe i was at dantes, he was workin on this red procharged truck,, and it would go up to about 4500 and just lean the f out!! and dante messed with that thing for like 2 days straight on the dyno,,,, called sct several times,,, and he just couldnt figure it out!! then he messed with one parameter that i guess he over looked, and boom the thing ran like a dream!!

another suggestion, have you tried,, maybe doing as much as you can to return it to stock,,, as far as the blower and all that jaz goes,,, so maybe you can install the stock tune on it,,, and see if you have problems....

just a thought,,, i know at this point your reaching fofr just about anything!!