• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

part 1: Engine Disassembly

M

Mustangcwo

All sounds good so far. If you need the cover bead blasted...my blaster at work is bead and not sand. You can drop by any time and use the equipment...just let me know when you want to drop by. I have a parts cleaner there and a bead blaster. Makr certain you bring some coveralls, that way you look like one of the gang or a contractor. Just dont put Navy insignias on your collars.

02gt

yeah I might just do that, i have to see what my sked looks this week or next week

02gt

Today i dropped off my SB to Total performance and i was in such a rush after work i forgot to grab all of the gaskets and other small important items so now i have to go over there again, they had a nice silver 03 cobra sitting there look like it need a nice home...:) well any ways i ordered the Ford GT pumps from tousely ford in Minn. they have pretty competive prices and the customer service was spot on. I however have been debating on weather on not to peice the 8 rib kit together from ford OEM pullies and save about 2-300 dollars or just buy the kit which will cost me in the hood of 500 or so and that doesn't include a over drive pulley. I want to run a innovators west 7.25 pulley and a 3.25 blower pulley it will put me at 50K rpm (this is the limit for the v-1 blower) at 6500 rpm, this i cant committ to buying yet because i dont know the cam's specs and it's rev range. so the waiting continues. But in the mean time, this week end the engine needs to come out, (i need a cherry picker hint hint bobby), the intercooler can get mounted, the A/C needs to be taken out, this i need to know how to do safely, this stuff is a health hazard and i need to know if there is a safe way of draining the freeon in the system, bobby, Mach1 you two are my go to guys what do you know that i dont know?
On a good note i called DRW transmissions in santee and they quoted me 577 for labor to rebuild it if i give them the parts that i want to use so soon as i get the return i'll be heading over there with the stuff for them to do the work on....to be continued

Tommy

Did you consider taking your trans to Mike's in Lancaster? Does he work on 4R70W's? If he does and you can't drive up there give it to me and I'll drop it off when I swing up to LA area

sdsubzero4

Spring Valley, CA
Did you consider taking your trans to Mike's in Lancaster? Does he work on 4R70W's? If he does and you can't drive up there give it to me and I'll drop it off when I swing up to LA area

Bobby said he doesn't work on 4R70W. I already thought about taking it up there. :(

02gt

i talked to them about a month ago about it and they said they dont work on the 4R's so i'm outa luck there but my instructor told me the DRW does real good work, they are the guys that do the work on the grand national that runs really quick at barona.

ears

yea man i would hit up that bead blaster.... thats what i used on mine and it made a world of differance!

02gt

yea man i would hit up that bead blaster.... thats what i used on mine and it made a world of differance!

actually, i just got back from Total performance to drop more stuff off and they actually dipped my timming cover in a acid tank to get all the crap off of it so it worked out anyways...:adore: total performance

02gt

i called kenne bell today and asked about their 8 rib pulley kit and they said it comes with every thing and it's only 399 for the set up, all i have to do it buy a blower pulley and a belt and im set....

orange395w

OG MEMBER
Staff member
i called kenne bell today and asked about their 8 rib pulley kit and they said it comes with every thing and it's only 399 for the set up, all i have to do it buy a blower pulley and a belt and im set....

Sweet! I'm gonna send you a text young man!

ears

hay man,,,,, take a look at house of boost. a lot of knowledgeable guys over there. talk to jeremy.hes done just about everything under the sun! he might be able to hook you up with a good dedicated drive set up. or even that 8 rib you want!

blackstallion06

Everrett Wa. Soon to be St. Louis MO.
Donator
Wow..... everyone haas been really working hard since I been gone. I cant wait to see all of you on the track even if it will be just your tail lights. good luck guys