• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

part 1: Engine Disassembly

orange395w

OG MEMBER
Staff member
alright so the tranny is still sitting in the car. and theres nothing in the bay. so i dont see the problem in pulling it through the engine bay. is the k member still in or somethin. or did yall just pull it straight out the top?

K-member is still in. His best bet is to unbolt the bellhousing and then he will still have to jack it up to get it out. You should go pull it like Pick-A-Part lol!

02gt

That might work as long as we unbolt the bell housing, just have prop the rear of the tranny up and pull it forward

02gt

OK i finanally got the cam card. here are a couple of specs:
545/545 intake/Exhaust gross lift
226 @ .050 intake
237 @ .050 exhaust
114.9 LSA

ears

hay man, i was wondering, were you ever able to use your stock ds with the 3650?
and a guy i was talkin to at mmr was sayin he doesnt think that the bell actually unbolts from the tranny. its one solid casting, but hes a retard, so i dont know if its true!

ears

another question. i dont mean to pyrate the thread, and this is mainly directed at bobby, but since you have a bit of experience with this tranny too,,,,, you would be good to ask aswell.

im strongly thinking of some way modifying the 3650 so that i could pull the tranny off the bell housing while keeping the bell attatched to the motor.

the reasoning for this is, my headers are a nightmare to pull off, and if im gonna stick with this tranny, i would liike to be able to pull the tranny away from the motor, then pull the bell up and away from the motor, in order to clear the headers.

any ideas on this??????

02gt

BS on the bell housing not being detatchable. The bolts are on the inside of the housing. As far as the housing staying on the engine i dont think it will be possible but we can look at it this weekend and see what can be done. The long tubes i will never get for this car mainly because of that reason, i would go with mid lengths if anything else....

ears

true statement,,,, i think about getting rid of them every time i have to do anything related to the tranny,,,,, just because they really arent worth the amount of work they require.

i started another thread on this topic though as to not bogart your thread,,,, thanks man,,, ill keep you informed about whatd goin on this weekend!

oh by the way,,,, pm!

02gt

102_1311.jpg

102_1312.jpg

102_1315.jpg

102_1319.jpg

102_1320.jpg

Well the engine was finished today, the cam card came in after a NASTY gram of epic proportions was handed down to Jay Allen, lets just say he wasn't happy. Well i forgot to post pics of the new stuff that have arrived the last couple of days. I called up Kenne bell for an 8 rib and that was the right choice because it only cost me 396 shipped and i ordered my new by pass valve yesterday from Summit and boy did they come through, I got it tonight, wow that is fast....i didn't exactly think that the BY pass was really "mondo" but wholly ****.....i dont even know if im going to get it to fit lol....Well i'll figure something out.... i just did a couple of things pulled some nuts and blots off the old block and put on the new block so i dont lose them....tomorrow the journey continues....

PS Bobby thanks for the angle iron!!!!!!!!

sdsubzero4

Spring Valley, CA
I like to see that nasty gram. PM me with it if you don't mind. Like to see what finally got him to send you the card. LOL

Tommy

Orange395W, 02GT,SDsubzero4, MustangCWO, WickedStangs and [me],.......

hmmm....seems like we're all getting ready for the next season..... or something like that huh???

:rofl:

02gt

I like to see that nasty gram. PM me with it if you don't mind. Like to see what finally got him to send you the card. LOL

i did it in his public forum so he ended up deleting it so no one else would see it but i basicly called his ass out for posting on SBFT all the time and he couldn't spare five minutes to send me a card and basicly i told him that i was sick and tired of hearing excuses even if he is "sick", but after the thread was deleted, i pm'd him and explained to me that he was bed ridden for 2 weeks, he basicly negleted to tell anyone this and alot of people were and are still pissed because we were under the impression that he was still working at the shop....:rain: it was the worst customer service i have ever had....it was just a lose lose situation....

sdsubzero4

Spring Valley, CA
i did it in his public forum so he ended up deleting it so no one else would see it but i basicly called his ass out for posting on SBFT all the time and he couldn't spare five minutes to send me a card and basicly i told him that i was sick and tired of hearing excuses even if he is "sick", but after the thread was deleted, i pm'd him and explained to me that he was bed ridden for 2 weeks, he basicly negleted to tell anyone this and alot of people were and are still pissed because we were under the impression that he was still working at the shop....:rain: it was the worst customer service i have ever had....it was just a lose lose situation....

But he still had time to post, I guess he wasn't that "bed ridden". But glad you finally got the card. The just sucks the way you have to go about getting it.

02gt

yeah it sucks because i basicly had to burn the bridge, i have no idea what the engine will rev to and what stall convertor to get either

orange395w

OG MEMBER
Staff member
Motor is looking badass! So are you going to run the typhoon intake? I'm confused about how the ports don't line up.

02gt

the intake and the heads dont line up flush to each other, greg was going to open up the bottom sides of the intake runners to get it to match the intake gasket but the intake gasket set flush on the opposite side on the head, basicly the porting would have thrown off the intake runners and how well the whole set up flowed

02gt

102_1321.jpg

102_1322.jpg

102_1323.jpg

today was a good day got some things done, pulled the tranny out and mounted the intercooler. I discovered a couple of problems so far with the A/C delete pulley has a smaller diameter hole then the 8 rib a/c pulley so i need to have a spacer machined to take up the extra room and promblem solved. The second problem is my Mondo by pass valve is really MONDO....it doesn't look real big in the pics but i assure you it is about half the size of the blower....im going to have the flange mounted above the piping in order make it work...thanks to Ears and Lord gufi for the help today....!!!!!!
next in line is to order the transbreak and the stall convertor...

orange395w

OG MEMBER
Staff member
Why didn't you paint that F'ing bracket? It's going to rust like hell. Jeez, I would have given you some primer and paint. :nonono: