• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

part 1: Engine Disassembly

02gt

102_1304.jpg

102_1306.jpg

102_1307.jpg

102_1305.jpg

well i accomplished my goal today of pulling the motor, i had to unlbolt the exhaust and pull the a/c compressor off along with a few ground wires that i had left, for the first part of the day i didn't have any help then bobby offered his time and knowledge to help pull the motor, after he got to the house we were unbolting the rest of the bell housing and while we were working Emilio and tom showed up and decided to lend a hand, which is greatly appriciated, i couldn't have done with out you guys. Well any ways the engine was being alittle bit of a pain but we had to remove the plate that is between the tranny and the motor and out she came, after that, i removed the clutch and the flywheel and then mounted the engine on my engine stand. I had been curious to see what my number three piston looked like and sure enough it was a wreck...LOL guess going fast has it's price....my new engine will be done probably monday but i wont be able to pick it until i get my F***ing cam card from jay(notice he has the worst customer service and i dont recomend him at this time) oh and by the way greg from TP said my cams had a gross lift of 540 lift on intake and exhaust...not bad but i really want to know what the lobe seperation and the duration looks like...well thanks to Bobby, Emilio, and Tom for coming by....happy racing....:)

M

Mustangcwo

Nice work guys. Cant wait to hear and see that new engine at the track. Keep us posted on the progress

Ford1288

Donator
Awesome Eric. Wish I would have known and would have tried to help! Man im excited to see this car when its put together.

02gt

all it is a waiting game with Jay allen and the cam card to show up in email...i just PM'd greg on pitstop to see if he can give me a can tune for the engine and then i can get the car up there for a break in tune...

orange395w

OG MEMBER
Staff member
Get an AIR COMPRESSOR!! :lol:

Nice work everyone, hopefully you get the card tomorrow. I have no doubt that the cams will be bad ass. The guy is a genius he's a bit arrogant. I hope he gets you the card, so Greg can finish up the engine. Then it's onto the drivetrain!!

Ford1288

Donator
So what exactly are you going to do with the tranny? Do you already have all the misc stuff for the swap?

02gt

I have to buy a shifter, stall convorter, tranny cooler, trans oil pan, and a transbreak...

02gt

As far as the 3650 im selling that, i may just do a package deal but i gotta see what people want

ears

looks like emilio really got his hands dirty!!!!!

NOT!!!!!!!!!!! lololololololololol!!!!!!

hay eric.... any idea on how the 3650 compares to the t45. which is better?

i might be able to take it off your hands if i can manage to find some info on it. one way or the other, i need to end up with a tranny that will be able to handle the power of the slowbra. whether it ends up to be your 3650 that would turn out better after being built or the t45 that would turn out better.

any knowledge on this????

any way....... the build looks like its really comin along man!

02gt

the 3650 is said to be a slightly better tranny then the t 45 but it obvisouly is going to be need a rebuild for your power level, if i were to run the tranny i would buy a rebuild kit from promotion powertrains in florida, they make nasty kits and trannys...let me know you want to do

02gt

102_1309.jpg

well today after i got back from lowes, i pulled the A/C system, i just unbolted one of the lines that ran to the condenser and gave it about 15 minutes to clear out, i had to use a fan to push the freeon out of the garage but over all not difficult if you have a sawz all at hand....i dont have a scale but im guessing about 20 to 30 lbs have been just stripping off the front of the car...free ET FTMFW....

02gt

nice!..... oh and uuuhhh,,,, ill take the tranny! fo sho!

oh and thanks for the free A/C delete pulley...im going to pull the tranny this week end i need a set of taller jack stands and a heavy duty jack to get the car up high enough off the ground....

Tommy

oh and thanks for the free A/C delete pulley...im going to pull the tranny this week end i need a set of taller jack stands and a heavy duty jack to get the car up high enough off the ground....

or, do what I did... several pieces of cut 2x4's to get the height! :rofl:

Mexi-Cans as back yard mechanics FTW! Mexi-can? Yes we can!

02gt

SSPX0069.jpg

SSPX0071.jpg

i stopped by TP today and greg told me that the intake and the heads are at opposite ends when the gasket is layed down on the the heads so he recomended to not port the lower intake. I may be getting my cam card tonight but im not holding my breath to say the least i have been waiting for 2 weeks for the card and i've had it with the BS that i had to go through with CI

ears

aint your motor already out of your car?

if so. then why dont you just pull it out through the engine bay? keep the car on jack stands and just slide it foward and up!

idk, maybe im missing something.

orange395w

OG MEMBER
Staff member
aint your motor already out of your car?

if so. then why dont you just pull it out through the engine bay? keep the car on jack stands and just slide it foward and up!

idk, maybe im missing something.

:wtf: You are seriously lost. What the hell are you talking about?

His old engine is out already and on a stand in his garage. The new one in those pics above is at Total Performance in Santee. Yes, you are missing alot. :nonono: :hello:

ears

alright so the tranny is still sitting in the car. and theres nothing in the bay. so i dont see the problem in pulling it through the engine bay. is the k member still in or somethin. or did yall just pull it straight out the top?